Draft: Pundit Reviews and UFA List

If you include Anquan Boldin along with what we did over the weekend, this draft appears to be a success. Ultimately, it will take a few years to truly assess, but I love the value approach this organization takes.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,1573148.story

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...ens+Insider%29

Re: Draft: Pundit Reviews and UFA List

Two good TE prospects signals Heap's likely end to his Baltimore tenure. He's got one, maybe two years left here. One of the two will likely make an impact.

The defensive guys and the OL are all high risk, high reward. I expect one to play to his potential. If more than one does and one of the TE prospects pan out, this draft will be hugely successful.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

3. Re: Draft: Pundit Reviews and UFA List

Rodelin Anthony
    Wide receiver, UNLV
    At 6 feet 5, 230 pounds, he was a great red-zone target for UNLV. In four seasons, he had only 69 catches but 12 went for touchdowns. Anthony caught only 16 passes last season because he was limited to four games due to injuries (which included a concussion).

Morgan Cox
    Long snapper, Tennessee
    A three-year long snapper at the SEC school. Cox was the long-snapper for the South at the Senior Bowl, which boosted his status. There are questions about his size (6-3, 248 pounds).

John Fletcher
    Defensive end, Wyoming
    A three-year starter, he is athletic and has a strong motor, which helped him record seven sacks last season. But the 6-5, 270-pound pass rusher has to improve at the point of attack.

Ashton Hall
    Safety, Marshall
    A nickel cornerback early in his career, the 5-10, 196-pound defender played safety the final two seasons. He has a 44-inch vertical leap, which broke Randy Moss' school record.

Albert McClellan
    Outside linebacker, Marshall
    Undersized and athletic but lacks strength. He likely will be converting from a college defensive end. McClellan was a team captain at Marshall.

Prince Miller
    Cornerback, Georgia
    The former Mr. Football in South Carolina wasn’t expected to be drafted. The 5-9, 192-pound defender had only one interception in his college career. He averaged 11.9 yards on 19 punt returns.

Josh Morris
    Cornerback, Weber State
    Morris tied a school record with 26 pass deflections and made seven interceptions in 34 games. The 6-foot, 180-pound defender was first team All-Big Sky Conference as a junior and a senior. A transfer from Northeastern Oklahoma, Morris reportedly has 4.45 speed in the 40. He also was known as the team barber.

Mike McLaughlin
    Middle linebacker, Boston College
    The most high-profile undrafted rookie agreement for the Ravens so far. McLaughlin is a solid prospect who was expected to be drafted in the fifth or sixth round. A two-year captain, McLaughlin is known as a vocal on-field leader. His reckless, hard-hitting style has led to injuries. The biggest knock is his lack of speed.

Curtis Steele
    Running back, Memphis
    Tough runner who averaged 6.3 yards per carry and scored 15 touchdowns last season. His lack of size (5-10, 194) doesn’t make him an effective insider runner. Steele was a team captain at Memphis.

Blog Entries

Thanks Hokie, appreciate it.

I'm a mod for a couple of forums on a fairly large board, and the Washington/Baltimore city chat has a couple of football fans.
    So I grabbed your breakdown (thanks again) and put one together on the Redskins to post them both, since most are for the team down there. So I know how much work it can be.

Posting it here just for the board's FYI.
    A number of us deal with skins fans, so can't have them smarter than us.
    My opinion of their UDFA is 2 interesting ones, the RBs knowing Shanahan's history of getting a year or two of great production from an unknown.
    Why a TE is somewhat of a mystery,
    I don't want to knock or disparage men who have played college football, but viewing it as NFL quality, it smells pretty bad.

Redskins

Logan Paulsen, TE, UCLA
    30 TE were put on the John Mackey Award watch list, he was one but broke his foot and missed most of last season, so no award but definite potential

Anderson Russell, FS, Ohio State
    His father Kevin played for the Eagles, poor hands and toasted a bit is why he dropped undrafted

Marques Slocum, DT, Eastern Arizona
    Went from Michigan, can't find much but this link says he is a "gansta-wannabe"
    http://network.yardbarker.com/Colleg...Legend/2492883

Keiland Williams, RB, LSU
    Projected as high as 5th round as low as undrafted, most beleive he was 6th round worthy. Shanahan is beating the bushes for his kind of hidden RBs

Daryll Clark, QB, PSU
    Decent measurables, questions on his heart/toughness, found the term cupcake used by more than one.

Maurice Greer, RB, Troy
    5'10" 207 Cancer survivor (lost a 'nad) another Of Shany's kind of RB sleepers

Jaevery McFadden, OLB, Wisconsin (Tryout)
    6'1" 240 so-so pro day workout but just enough to bring him in for a close up look, claims he could have done more....RIGHT!!!!!!!

Derrick Townsel, WR, Murray State (Tryout)
    A smurf, 5'9" 170 but good numbers in college, maybe look at as KR if speed/cuts

Bo McNally, SS, Stanford (Tryout)
    Good tackler, good instincts, big plays but really lacks speed

Klint Kubiak, SS, Colorado State (Tryout)
    Played well but hurt a lot and different areas, tryout sure will focus on medical exam
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Not as great as a list as we had last year (I think our haul last year was the best we ever had), but I do like Steele...who may knock off Parmelee and Lawrence off the roster if he can play special teams and Reed can return kicks. Morris is interesting...it looks like he has the physical skills to play, but obviously he doesn't have much experience playing quality competition. Maybe he can compete with Carey Williams for a spot. And obviously, we could maybe create some competition for that long snapping spot.

I don't think the rest of the guys have much of a shot really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Daryll Clark, QB, PSU
    Decent measurables, questions on his heart/toughness, found the term cupcake used by more than one.
    [Does not compute]

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Well, reports are that Morris has signed with the Eagles so it doesn't look like we'll have much at CB with this UDFA group. Miller isn't good at all.