Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Pashos Signs With Jags. AD to Pats

They better get Joe Staley in the draft, now. I think he could at least be adequate in the short term, and pretty darn good in the long. At least by being forced to play all these first and second year players on the O-Line now, the Ravens might actually sign them to long term, cap-friendly deals BEFORE they become FA's after three years and leave. Same thing happened with Rabach, he sits 2 years, is forced to play his third, does well, and leaves! That's BS, the Ravens need to lock up these youngsters they see promise in before they're forced to start in a contract year, do well and leave!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Tampering??? C'mon! You cant possibly make first contact with a player and then less than 24 hours later agree to a new deal.

Lets see if he is this year's Kemo. I think that he is.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Pashos was taken to the cleaners by Robert Mathis during the Colts game. Wasn't there when it really counted (like Billick and McNair). Wonder if that was brought up in the negotiations?

I brought up the same point in another thread. Now he gets to face Mathis twice a year!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Still hoping AD winds up in the NFC. He could extend the "window" for the Patriots and make them even tougher to surpass over the next couple of years.

I will really miss Pashos. I wish him a lot of good luck and now he has some more money in his pocket.

Way to go Pastabelly. On Pashos, he predicts a landing spot in Miami or Tampa Bay. That's 2/3 of the Florida teams. Pashos goes to Florida and Pastabelly's still wrong.

:grbac:

Pashos reportedly got $9 million up front.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    but the Pashos thing was kind of a surprise and therefore more frustrating.
    You were really surprised?

I wasn't in the least.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    You were really surprised? I wasn't in the least.
    I'm not surprised he left, but if the report that he got nine million up front is true, I am surprised about that. He's not that good. Oh well, you sure can't blame him for taking the cash if some team wants to throw it at him.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I'm not surprised he left, but if the report that he got nine million up front is true, I am surprised about that. He's not that good. Oh well, you sure can't blame him for taking the cash if some team wants to throw it at him.
    From the ESPN article on the signing:

"Financial details of the two contracts were not yet available. But it is believed that Pashos, who has just one season of experience as a full-time starter, will receive an eight-figure signing bonus."

Again, ridiculous.

PP

profootballinsider says AD will get 7 per with a 17 million bonus.

Says it may be done tonight.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton