Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AD to NE, A Franklin to SF

Per Sirius NFL Channel. He gets 17mil bonus and 7 mil a year. No word on the money for Franklin.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Re: AD to NE, A Franklin to SF

Well, I guess the Pats DO pay now.

3rd rounder for that easy.

Talk about our FA's getting snapped up fast and for lots

AD 17 mil, 7 a year
    Pashos, 5 years, 9 mil up front
    Ovie 18 mil over 6 years
    franklin, who knows.

Talk about comp picks....just wow. That's in just one day

So much for all those media reports that he wanted to play for a team in a warm weather city if he couldn't come back to Baltimore -- New England hardly qualifies as a warm weather area.

Nice signing by the Pats, though. I had read that they were interested in AD but I really didn't think they'd get him.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    So much for all those media reports that he wanted to play for a team in a warm weather city if he couldn't come back to Baltimore -- New England hardly qualifies as a warm weather area.

Nice signing by the Pats, though. I had read that they were interested in AD but I really didn't think they'd get him.
    Those weren't media reports they were straight from AD's mouth!! I guess the warm green can tide you over on a cold night.

let's not beat AD up here either now....sure money talks but so does rings, and the ability to be in the thick of things year in and year out as the Pats are...when agruably the best franchise in the NFL comes calling with alot of dough...who wouldn't open and say thank you?....good move for both parties imho.

see you here this season AD when you and your Pats come to Bmore
    "Is it me or does Billick seem a bit in his Post game Interviews? or is it he's just :insane: and doesn't know what to do?"

AD has earned his money.

If there is one guy in the NFL who truly deserves his millions its AD.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Congrats to AD. He deserves his cash. I hope he doesn't light us up next year.

Smart for AD in 2 ways. Gets to play on a great team and doesn't have to be "the guy". It doesn't matter though. NE is still about offense. They'll go as far as Brady,Maroney and their mediocre WR's take them.

NE maybe all about the offense, but remember that Billichik is a scary good defensive coordinator.

That kind of talent under his command makes the Patriots one of the most balanced teams in the NFL.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I could care less about losing A. Franklin, because we have Justin Bannan who's much better. (I wish we could rid ourselves of Dwan Edwards).
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    I could care less about losing A. Franklin, because we have Justin Bannan who's much better. (I wish we could rid ourselves of Dwan Edwards).
    Don't say that, right now he's Trevor Pryce's only backup...

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    Bannan and Franklin are different players and spotted for different players on the line. Bannan brought us the ability to spot and still have an inside rush whilst Franklin quietly developed into a deside backup to bring in over the nose. He'll challenge to start over the nose for 49ers and I fully expect us to bring in a big body on the 2nd day of the draft to take over from him and work off the bench along with Bannan.