Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pashos Signs With Jags. AD to Pats

Per PFT. profootballtalk.com

Also The Pats are pushing hard to sign AD within the next 24 to 48 hours.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Pashos Signs With Jags. AD to Pats

....no no no no no .... :(

The Pats are the LAST team I wanted to sign AD.

So in other words the Pats are trying to sign him just like SF, CLE & others?

Good luck to Pashos.

I hope AD goes to SF. I was actually surprised the PAts didn't compete with us to sign AD the last time his contract was up.

I'm pissed about losing Pashos. And I'm starting to have a bad feeling about next year.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    I hope AD goes to SF. I was actually surprised the PAts didn't compete with us to sign AD the last time his contract was up.

I'm pissed about losing Pashos. And I'm starting to have a bad feeling about next year.
    Here come the chicken littles! The Hall of Famer Pashos has left what in the world can we do now?? AD wants an 18 mil signing bonus and 7 mil a year. When has NE ever spent that much on a FA? I still expect SF or Mia for AD.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Best of luck to Pashos, wish he was staying but best of luck with your new team. Same to AD, I hope it's the 49ers so I can get a #96 home jersey and #85 road jersey for the 9ers ;)

Im not to worried about pashos leaving, with him leaving i think we will cut our false start penalties in half
    Section 536
    Since 2002
    Dont Touch The Railing!!!

I think AD will ultimately sign with S.F. S.F. will offer the most money, the weather is better, and S.F. is an up and coming team. There is no guarantee the Pats are going to the Super Bowl. Past performance does not guarantee future performance. Also, Mike Nolan is there and so A.D. would know what to expect having worked for this coach before.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    I think AD will ultimately sign with S.F. S.F. will offer the most money, the weather is better, and S.F. is an up and coming team. There is no guarantee the Pats are going to the Super Bowl. Past performance does not guarantee future performance. Also, Mike Nolan is there and so A.D. would know what to expect having worked for this coach before.
    Not to mention how hard it is to get to the PlayOffs in the AFC, not to mention the Superbowl. He has a much better chance of getting to both places in the pathetic NFC and especially with a team like San Fran. Good, (and familiar), coach, real up and coming team, he could provide some superior veteran leadership there.
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Quote Originally Posted by Civic812 View Post
    Im not to worried about pashos leaving, with him leaving i think we will cut our false start penalties in half
    Unless we only had 6 false start penalties last year, that ain't going to be the result of Pashos leaving.

Pashos' stats this year:

16 starts
    5 penalties
    30 penalty yards
    3 false starts
    2 sacks allowed
    10.5 yards lost by sacks

Pashos was one of the best RTs in the NFL this year and losing him hurts a lot because there really aren't a great deal of alternatives out there and I don't think there is one who will play to the level Pashos did this year in pass protection, with a fragile QB back there that's massively important IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post
    Here come the chicken littles! The Hall of Famer Pashos has left what in the world can we do now?? AD wants an 18 mil signing bonus and 7 mil a year. When has NE ever spent that much on a FA? I still expect SF or Mia for AD.
    Come on, you guys know I'm no chicken little. But I think it is fair to have serious concerns about replacing parts when no viable replacements are apparent. Some teams like the Pats and Eagles are very good at this. We are going to see if the Ravens are at that level or not.

I understand (and came to terms with) losing AD, but the Pashos thing was kind of a surprise and therefore more frustrating.

The deal for pashos is supposedly a 5 year deal....that implies pretty big money. I'm interested to see