Mock Has Ravens Drafting Center

http://profootballtalk.com/2007mockdraft2.0.htm

I would love this pick at 29.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Mock Has Ravens Drafting Center

It's an interesting one in a lot of ways....of course any mock is pointless....fun to talk about though :)

Kalil is interesting, USC lineman have translated well, Ferentz used to coach here remember? Everything says he'll be a solid guy, but I'm not sold on it. Though the idea of forcing Terry to the right side and Terry, Chester, Kalil, Brown, JO line is a very nice thought.

This is the list of things I find interesting in the draft....

Reggie Nelson dropping to 25? I guess he's not "fast" enough
    Michael Griffon going at #30
    Timmons at #10? that's surprising, oh wait he ran a fast 40. Come on....especially since Patrick Willis is the better linebacker and can play either inside or outside...
    no Dwayne Jarrett in the 1st round....hrm? I guess suddenly he's too slow?
    no paul posluszny in the 1st
    Tony Ugoh in the 1st!
    Jarvis Moss at 15 feels awfully high to me.
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 03-02-2007 at 01:59 AM. Reason: spelling!

You're not the only one who would love this pick. Ryan Kalil is easily one of the best players in this draft. I would love to see an interior O-line of Brown,Kalil, and Chester.

Would anyone be upset if our first two picks are OL? For instance, let's assume we draft Ryan Kalil at 29 and Justin Blalock falls to our second round pick (stranger things have happened. Ask Winston Justice). We'd be fools to not take Blalock as a OT prospect. Even if Ogden comes back, it will only be for one season and we do need the depth at tackle. We could have Terry and Blalock battle for RT and even if Terry starts initially, Blalock could slowly be phased in at RT. Once JO retires after 2007, Terry could take over at LT, Blalock can take over at RT, and we could draft more OL depth in the 2008 draft.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    Would anyone be upset if our first two picks are OL? For instance, let's assume we draft Ryan Kalil at 29 and Justin Blalock falls to our second round pick (stranger things have happened. Ask Winston Justice). We'd be fools to not take Blalock as a OT prospect. Even if Ogden comes back, it will only be for one season and we do need the depth at tackle. We could have Terry and Blalock battle for RT and even if Terry starts initially, Blalock could slowly be phased in at RT. Once JO retires after 2007, Terry could take over at LT, Blalock can take over at RT, and we could draft more OL depth in the 2008 draft.
    Au contraire, we'd be fools to take Blalock as an OT prospect. His footwork has been shown up in a big big way in off-season workouts. He's pretty much strictly a prospect a guard now, hence the tumble down the draft boards.

This pick would be great... if you never want to be able to run the ball again. How many Centers do we need? We already have three. If we get an interior lineman we need a big bruising RG, buy moreso a RT.

BTw This mock sucks.. 19-21 is great value. Also things mentioned above.