Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Oz would have traded even if Dez was there

A) I absolutely believe we'd have taken Dez.

B) Randy Moss

C) Dez isn't nearly the head case many people make him out to be. I don't think there's much of an issue at all, and don't know why he dropped as far as he did.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

That's why it's called a message board. To each his own but ....

As someone else said, Ozzie would have gotten Des if he really wanted him just like he moved up for
    Oher last year and Ngata before that. Like Tony wrote, let's see how long Des holds out this year. He has
    the same agent - Parker.

As Ozzie himself said, he stayed true to his board and knew he could get his
    targets later. That's why he even passed up Wilson and Mc Courty, the two
    all the boards argued over for 6 months.

Oz didn't want either one, same with Des.

He even had BAY BAY rated higher and congratulated Denver on taking him and
    told them that he was rated high on his board.

MOUNT NACODY: NO RUNNING ALLOWED.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-24-2010 at 09:44 PM.

Listen Tra......er.......Air. If Ozzie had 25 and Bryant was there, and Ozzie didn't draft him; then all that BPA bullshit would have gone out the window.

I'm actually mad we didn't trade up the spot to get him, and I'm not enamored with the picks we got with what we gained from Denver. So you better hope Bryant is a bust, or we're going to come back to all this you are spewing later on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    This is why I KNOW the Cowboys made a darn good move to get Dez, the Baltimore Ravens wanted to draft him at 25. After the Cowboys jumped the Ravens to take Dez they sent a text to the Cowboys war room to say that was the player Newsome wanted to draft.

Newsome is the best GM in the league on draft day in my opinion. Now, Bill Polian of the Colts is really darn good too. When you snake the Ravens, you are doing good work because they have drafted great players over the years like Ray Lewis, Jonathan Ogden, Ed Reed, Jamal Lewis, Joe Flacco, Peter Boulware, and Michael Oher.
    We'll never hear the real truth, only what the Ravens FO wants us to think the truth was. I don't think he was even on our early-round board except maybe as a "do not consider before round X" flyer-type, at most. He did not meet the criteria for a 1st round Ravens player AT ALL, because the number one question about him is "will he show up to play in the NFL." That's not what the Ravens want to be pondering about their #1 pick, and it's a question they're more than happy to let other teams ask about theirs.

The Cowboys -- from their owner to their media to their fans -- are the most delusional fanbase in the NFL. The Ravens FO are probably laughing their asses off right now that Dallas actually would believe they snookered us out of Bryant.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm actually mad we didn't trade up the spot to get him, and I'm not enamored with the picks we got with what we gained from Denver. So you better hope Bryant is a bust, or we're going to come back to all this you are spewing later on.
    We didn't have a 3rd round pick to give. NE absolutely anally raped the Boyz. I really wanted Dez too, but if we'd have given up something close to that sorta value to get him, I'd have been pretty upset. Dallas' allowing NE to coax a 3rd rounder from them is what prevented us from being able to get him. So it goes.

We got some high risk, high reward defensive players. One or two of them play to their potential and this winds up being a great draft. I really like what we did, other than maybe taking two TEs.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

STINGER: SOMEONE SAID THE SAME THING TO ME ABOUT BOLLER AND IT NEVER HAPPENED.

SOMEONE SAID THE SAME THING TO ME ABOUT KRUGER. HASN'T HAPPENED YET BUT EVEN HE
    SHOULD DO WELL NOW ON THIS LINE - IF HE GETS IN.

AND ONE THING I NEVER WORRY ABOUT IN LIFE IS YOU THROWING UP ANYTHING AT ME.

NEVER!

LOL

AND IM BETTING DES DRIVES JONES NUTS DOWN THERE AND WE WILL KICK THEIR ASS

JUST LIKE THE LAST TIME WE PLAYED THEM EVEN WITH DES.

NE raping Jones is like Ozzie raping Denver for all those picks.

Ozzie needed picks - not Des. Oz didn't geet suckered into the rape gang.

He stayed true to his board and got whom he really wanted and at a
    better value.

Bellicheat passed on Des too for crying out loud after Moss said they were
    gonna let him go.

Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-24-2010 at 11:51 PM.

This board was civil again once "The Poster Formally Known as Trap" was not around.

I guess those days are gone again.

Bring on the wild stories about how DeCosta tells him everything and how much a douchebag I was during Ike, I suppose.

Blog Entries

I'm guessing the Pats would have wanted picks from us for next year's draft. They never seem to make it through a draft when they don't rape someone a year down the line.

Yes, Yes the Pats are all about the raping. I think they have another double first round selection next yr, due to thier love of raping other teams. Seriously Oz did the right thing. In a draft this ridiculously deep where you start off having hardly any picks and willing to give even more for one guy who may not even start for you was a franchise suicide attempt.

Dez may turn out as a good/great pick for them, but to ignore your aging defensive line and ignoring your horribly low sack total from last yr in an effort to make a splash selection akin to the Redskins or Cowboys is just that. Dumb to the bone. We are in a division with two other pretty good throwing teams and we already addressed our WR and got two Dallas Clarke type TE's/H-backs to help the passing game in the draft. I would have picked Dez if he fell, but Dallas needed him more. I mean they have to pay dumbass Roy Williams and will have to pay Austin in maybe one of the most dependent positions on the field soon. If Dallas can't protect Romo b/c of a makeshift O-line then the Miles, Bryant, Williams connection will be nothing more than Madden football's best receiving corp.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    SOMEONE SAID THE SAME THING TO ME ABOUT KRUGER. HASN'T HAPPENED YET BUT EVEN HE
    SHOULD DO WELL NOW ON THIS LINE - IF HE GETS IN..
    Well Trap, by your standards Ray Rice would have been a bust too. It took him a whole second season to get into the starting job and do what he's done. I mean my goodness, he was a 2nd round pick. He should have been starting and in the pro-bowl 2 years ago.

So, same-old, same-old with you eh? Except now in all caps?

Blog Entries

By your standards Rice was a bust as you put it on the other thread and was corrected like here.

But first, someone on sunspot did a search and discovered something like over
    78% of all NFL second round picks were busts.

You obviously thought Rice was one of them.

baltimore_hokie
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to baltimore_hokie
    Find all posts by baltimore_hokie
    Add baltimore_hokie to Your Contacts

#17 04-23-2010, 06:14 PM
    StingerNLG
    Veteran 24x7 Raven Join Date: Aug 2006

Re: Some War Room Buzz...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sgt CouchPotato
    while trading back for extra picks can be a good move, it can also be a bad move... it's not like ozzie hits on every pick, just look at kruger last year, not much impact...i just worry about the nfl being locked out for a year or two, so i wanna win this year, i feel a first rd cb or dez bryant would've gave us the best chance to have a rookie who can make an impact this year....time will tell i suppose

Talking like Kruger is a bust or something? Did Ray Rice do anything his first year?

StingerNLG
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to StingerNLG
    Visit StingerNLG's homepage!
    Find all posts by StingerNLG
    Add StingerNLG to Your Contacts

#18 Yesterday, 08:06 PM
    AirFlacco
    Regular 1st Stringer Join Date: Apr 2009

Re: Some War Room Buzz...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rice played in 13 games and gained 400 on a comittee of RBs. That was the year McClain was used
    as a runner in addition to a blocking FB, so not bad for a rookie RB.

Better than spending half the year on the inactive list.

http://www.nfl.com/players/rayrice/profile?id=RIC154451

I see your inability to read and comprehend things also has not improved with a new name eh?

I said the same thing in the other thread as I am saying to you.

You are amusing if nothing else, Trap.