Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Porter Cut

Re: Porter Cut

He got cut because he played absolutely dreadfully this year. Pretty much hit a brick wall in terms of performance and I've heard rumours that he kicked up a massive fuss over Cowher leaving.

This could also be a pre-cursor to the Steelers switching from Blitzburgh to Cover 2 under Timlin.

That article talks about salary cap number (especially in coming years) and a desire for their defense to go in a different direction.

Have to say, just like with Cowher, I'm gonna miss hatin on this guy. Things are really changing around here. Could it be that Pittsburg will someday be replaced as my most hated team? Bengals or Colts?

How awesome was it to see this guy twice a year - running his mouth. Then he lines up and gets dominated play after play by JO. I'll miss his ugly mug for sure. I think Jamal's parting gift to us fans was running Joey over and giving him a little jaw back.

Rost me over a bonfire for saying this...but Joey Porter makes sense to plug into AD's role.

flame flame flame

But really, he would make sense. Porter just got cut, comes into the market late, we know him well, and he's likely to be undervalued.

He can still play and yeah, JO shuts him down, but JO shuts down everyone. He was also the #1 focus in terms of defending the pass rush. He still got 7 sacks. He can run with TEs and cover, 2 ints and 3 passes defensed.

Alright. Hate me, drop my user rating to -5,000 but really, in a way it makes a lot of sense if you put down the cool aid and think for a minute.
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 03-01-2007 at 10:58 PM.

*Bad* ER! *Bad* ER! Get your head out of the books!! :)

Here is the scene in the 1 Winning Drive locker room.

Rex Ryan: "Hey guys, we'd like to introduce your new starting weak side linebacker. . . Joey, come on in and say hi to the guys. This is Ray. . ."

Porter: "Hi Ray. Sorry I lost my temper and freaked out a couple of years ago, and I acted like a goon in the Heinz Field parking lot."

Ray: "Whatever."

Ryan: "Ok, say hi to Todd Heap."

Porter: "Hi, Todd. Sorry about the time I saw you were hobbling and I shoved you down, while you could barely stand."

Heap: "Oh, that? I barely remember the season it cost me." [punches Porter in the face]

Porter: "Hey! I thought Mormons were peace lovers!"

Heap: "Whatever."

Hey! I could be a playwrite! :watching:
    Last edited by festivus; 03-01-2007 at 10:58 PM. Reason: added happy smiley for razzing ER
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

HAHAHHA....festivus, I love you sometimes.

In a way, I'm erudite, in a way. . . I'm not.

:toast:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Well, for starters it would take a little more studying to be a playwright ;)

I'm glad his ass was cut. Get that douche as far away from here as possible

Don't be shocked if Porter ends up here in Baltimore. He's angry about being released and wants to take it out on the Steelers as often as possible. Yes I know the guy is an ass, but you can't sit there and say he would not be a great addition to an already great defense. We'll see what happens.

Also for the Todd Heap thing, what Porter did was cheap and uncalled for, but he didn't hurt Heap. Todd was already hurt and Porter just pushed him over. It was still cheap on Porter's part though.

Heap and Porter were actually on the battle of the gridiron stars on ESPN together. Heap said they put the past behind them and moved on. It looked like there was no bad blood between Heap and Porter.

I would have a very hard time pulling for Porter if he were a Raven. I guess I could learn to support him if I had to.

But he doesnt fit our new order of staying away from locker-room problems.

I would be suprised if he is wearin the purple next year.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Also for the Todd Heap thing, what Porter did was cheap and uncalled for, but he didn't hurt Heap. Todd was already hurt and Porter just pushed him over. It was still cheap on Porter's part though.
    It's the thought that counts!

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Heap and Porter were actually on the battle of the gridiron stars on ESPN together. Heap said they put the past behind them and moved on. It looked like there was no bad blood between Heap and Porter.
    That squirrely Mormon is biding his time. . . That Joey Porter better watch out!

:)
    Festivus