Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porter Cut

Porter Cut

Re: Porter Cut

Yes! Yes!

Im glad that Porters last 3 meetings with us were losses.

I also like that Porters final encounter with us as a Steeler, he got trucked by Jamal, and got a Personal Foul.

Adios scumbag!!
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

That's kind of surprising and interesting.
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

> In the end, the Steelers decided to give him the chance to find a new
    > team instead of sending him somewhere he might not want to go.

Hah! Nobody wanted that lowlife scumbag!:toast:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Laughing again, remembering when he was shot in the ass. "Accident," yeah right. What a jerk.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

So much for The most feared player in the NFL

we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

Porter is funny. I actually like when they (NFL Network, ESPN) showed him talking trash before the games and then showed footage of him getting schooled during the game. There is always a price to pay when the spotlight is shining on you.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

But what if Porter shows up in Cleveland? We may not be rid of him yet.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

What if he shows up here?
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

no chance he signs for any more than slightly over the vet minimum...unless the Redskins get him

Wow he didnt waste any time. It appears that he has entered some sort of cartoon world.

BTW, check out the look on the guys face to Porter's left. I didnt even notice that until I was done photoshopping it.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

I am very surprised at this cut -- maybe I missed something about his contract, but I didn't see this coming. Not that I feel sorry for the guy, since he's a punk. I'm sure he'll land somewhere.

He got cut because he played absolutely dreadfully this year. Pretty much hit a brick wall in terms of performance and I've heard rumours that he kicked up a massive fuss over Cowher leaving.

This could also be a pre-cursor to the Steelers switching from Blitzburgh to Cover 2 under Timlin.

That article talks about salary cap number (especially in coming years) and a desire for their defense to go in a different direction.

Have to say, just like with Cowher, I'm gonna miss hatin on this guy. Things are really changing around here. Could it be that Pittsburg will someday be replaced as my most hated team? Bengals or Colts?

How awesome was it to see this guy twice a year - running his mouth. Then he lines up and gets dominated play after play by JO. I'll miss his ugly mug for sure. I think Jamal's parting gift to us fans was running Joey over and giving him a little jaw back.

Rost me over a bonfire for saying this...but Joey Porter makes sense to plug into AD's role.

flame flame flame

But really, he would make sense. Porter just got cut, comes into the market late, we know him well, and he's likely to be undervalued.

He can still play and yeah, JO shuts him down, but JO shuts down everyone. He was also the #1 focus in terms of defending the pass rush. He still got 7 sacks. He can run with TEs and cover, 2 ints and 3 passes defensed.

Alright. Hate me, drop my user rating to -5,000 but really, in a way it makes a lot of sense if you put down the cool aid and think for a minute.
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 03-01-2007 at 10:58 PM.