Page 1 of 72 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

2010 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

WHAT TIME IS IT?

Draft Time.

I didn't expect to be pumped for the draft, but I'm getting into it now.

Looking across the mocks, the big names to watch for the Ravens:

Most likely gone: Kyle Wilson, Dez Bryant, Jermaine Gresham, Rolondo McClain
    Good chance at #25: Sean Witherspoon, Demaryius Thomas, Jared Odrick, Devin McCourty, Kareem Jackson
    A bit of a reach, maybe trade down: Terrence Cody, Carlos Dunlap, Taylor Mays

I think when all is said and done, I'm most rooting for Kyle Wilson, Witherspoon, Thomas, Odrick, McCourty, or Cody.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

2. Re: 2010 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

According to ESPN's Micheal Smith, Browns president Mike Holmgren plans to call the Rams one last time in an effort to trade up for the No. 1 pick.

Smith said he talked to Holmgren himself, so the report has credence. Holmgren is reportedly willing to part with most of his 2010 picks in addition to a 2011 pick. The Browns have the extra picks to tempt the Rams, but GM Billy Devaney would have to be sure he could still grab Jimmy Clausen at No. 7 overall. Staying at No. 1 remains the most likely scenario for the Rams.
    Source: Michael Smith on Twitter
    Wow.

Blog Entries

Re: 2010 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

also, there's a story on ESPN about Tebow where he and his agent say they are "pretty sure" they know who's drafting him. Either they are just blowing smoke, or that means someone is actually thinking of taking him in the 1st round. Otherwise, it's hard to know who's going to draft him since he could go anywhere in Round 2.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

If I'm the Rams, I'd be jumping up and down for that, if he's seriously trading almost the whole draft for one pick.

Remember that last time that happened? Ricky Williams, who later went to another team anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    also, there's a story on ESPN about Tebow where he and his agent say they are "pretty sure" they know who's drafting him. Either they are just blowing smoke, or that means someone is actually thinking of taking him in the 1st round. Otherwise, it's hard to know who's going to draft him since he could go anywhere in Round 2.
    My money's on "blowing smoke"!

lmao at the Browns if they do that. you know he'd just have a recurring shoulder injury, and then get a staph infection to boot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    If I'm the Rams, I'd be jumping up and down for that, if he's seriously trading almost the whole draft for one pick.

Remember that last time that happened? Ricky Williams, who later went to another team anyway.
    I so hope the Clowns do that. If Holmgren does that, he's gonna fit in nicely there - picking up the thread of ineptitude right up where they left off!

8. Re: 2010 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

You really can't believe anything you hear all day today before the Draft. Beat writers will try throwing all sorts of crazy things out to get there name on PFT. Teams will throw out false info. I'm ignoring any reports from now up until 7:30.

It aint the beat reporters, it's the teams. The reporters are simply repeating what they are being told.

Tis' the season teams like to mess with one another.

In any event, I don't believe one word of anything that will be reported before 6:30.

10. Re: 2010 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

I'm sort of worried about this "First Round only" prime time thing. For all you know we could be watching this for 3 hours and then Oz trades down out of Round 1.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoriteboxer View Post
    I'm sort of worried about this "First Round only" prime time thing. For all you know we could be watching this for 3 hours and then Oz trades down out of Round 1.
    I'm not sure if that's something to worry about, but I agree. Nobody should watch this thinking we're definitely drafting someone tonight.

... and with the 18th pick of the 2010 NFL draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select

.... Billy Murphy, defense attorney from the University of Maryland School of Law