Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Trip 2010 prospects

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    With only two posts you've got quite a pedigee of games you've been to.
    As they say at football games "Who are ya?"
    Might as well answer this in a separate post (not to boost my post count or anything cynical like that!)

I'm Irish,,, Not much of a pedigree,, this year will only be our 3rd trip including the Ravens (4th trip overall - first year went to Bears game).

This year 3/4 of us will be travelling over

Our original plan was to follow the Ravens to different cities as away fans (Atlanta was the original plan), but can't turn down the chance of 2 NFL games in 2 days!

We'll be keeping an eye on the NHL schedule for catching either a Caps, Flyers or Devils game, and if the phillies make the playoffs (not much chance of the O's making it!)

Finally - why the Ravens? - Blame John Feinstein!
    Last edited by cb99; 05-01-2010 at 07:43 AM. Reason: spelling

Date for diary - Just noticed that single game tickets go on sale July 23rd....

One thing we are usually good at is getting tickets for games. We have a lot of very generous 24*7 friends who all too often help us get good seats.
    "We ain't stinking Redskins fans in this Town sonny!"

cb99 - make sure you log onto Ticketmaster the second the tickets go on sale. Single gamers are notoriously difficult to get and most people aren't successful.

Even if you aren't, don't worry. There are other outlets to obtain them from, not least us lot already in Baltimore. Last year we managed to get hold of some good seats for Dave and Gordon and I'd hope amongst this board and my tailgate we could find you something. Only condition is you have to stop by our tailgate and join us in a beverage or three.

And hopefully you won't end up being inserted horizontally into a car after the game, like that other Irish Raven who visited last year

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    And hopefully you won't end up being inserted horizontally into a car after the game, like that other Irish Raven who visited last year
    At some point we are going to have to stop ribbing Irish about that one - but not today!!!

I will re-visit the Denver option with Tania.

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    cb99 - make sure you log onto Ticketmaster the second the tickets go on sale. Single gamers are notoriously difficult to get and most people aren't successful.
    Ya, found out that 2 years ago (even though I think there was an issue with the sale being postponed and we didn't find out until they were all gone.)

We ended up with 3 single seats near enough to each other, since it was our 4th game in 3 days, we weren't that pushed about sitting beside each other anyway!

Regarding visiting your tailgate,,, ever heard of a group of Irish guys turning down the chance to go drinking????? We're there!!

Got a few drinks down Tania ;), but the Denver game is a non-starter.

8. Re: Trip 2010 prospects

Didn't need any drink to convince Katie about going to the Jets game. ;) Though I have told her she won't be wearing a Ravens jersey incase of heckling. I ,however, will be there in full purple glory - regardless of what the New Yorker say, or throw, at me.

Tell Katie-
    No Purple, no ticket!

:hammer:

That stadium will have more security cameras than any in the NFL. Well, maybe except for Philly. Plus we are sitting in row 3 at the ramp entrance. I am sure security will be there in time to keep the 7th and 8th guy from getting in a good punch to our heads.

10. Re: Trip 2010 prospects

Quote Originally Posted by TOEMAN View Post
    Tell Katie-
    No Purple, no ticket!

:hammer:

That stadium will have more security cameras than any in the NFL. Well, maybe except for Philly. Plus we are sitting in row 3 at the ramp entrance. I am sure security will be there in time to keep the 7th and 8th guy from getting in a good punch to our heads.
    It was actually me who told her she shouldn't. If you think she'll be safe enough though I'm all for it.

Susan will have the Purple on and kick some NY butt if she has to. While I am hiding behind you.
    Note: If I am scared of her, they should be too.

12. Re: Trip 2010 prospects

Sounds like a plan, if it all kicks off - we'll hide behind the women!