Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a scary season for us

Let's face it, the Ravens were probably the big story from yesterday around the NFL. I don't think any team made a statement quite like the Ravens did. And that's what's scary. We could be in for a major letdown, or we could be in for our 2nd Super Bowl title in 7 years in a division that seemed almost impossible to compete with before yesterday.

One way or another, we'll never forget the 2006 season.

Re: This is a scary season for us

I'll repost what I wrote on YBR.

Many people said that they wanted to see this team deliver a win on the road before annoiting them playoff contenders. Well, we got a convincing one over a quality team. I'm impressed.

Now, I want to see this team take apart a lesser opponent systematically and ruthlessly. Quality teams don't do what we did last year, which is barely beat a lousy Jets team on QB #3 or a very bad Houston team...or lose to bad Cleveland, Detroit and Tennessee teams on the road.

Quality teams don't do what we did the last time we played Oakland in 2003, which is think they can throw their helmets on the field and walk away with a W. That last game was ugly....remember?

Good teams destroy the weak sisters, especially at home. I'm thinking '85 Bears here.

If the Raven D is as suffocating as it was yesterday, and if the offense plays like they want to put their boots on Raider necks and squash them into the Nexturf, then I'll say this team is for real.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

The only thing remotely approaching a cloud on the horizon of an otherwise amazing purple day yesterday was my thought - "I hope they don't look past the Raiders and Browns in the next couple of weeks."

Then I read Bart Scott's, Ray's, Steve's and other quotes in Aaron's and other stories and it's clear: This team is unified and has the right attitude. They're taking it one game at a time. It's a far cry from the "we're SB favorites" of Augusts and Septembers past, and it's very, very welcome.

Their quotes told me they're taking every game seriously and I would be shocked if they looked past any team. That said, anything can happen in the NFL, and rarely is anyone as good or as bad as they look in Week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack
    Let's face it, the Ravens were probably the big story from yesterday around the NFL. I don't think any team made a statement quite like the Ravens did. And that's what's scary. We could be in for a major letdown, or we could be in for our 2nd Super Bowl title in 7 years in a division that seemed almost impossible to compete with before yesterday.

One way or another, we'll never forget the 2006 season.
    You would have never thought we even won the way ESPN had you wait for the highlights. The Ravens should have been the lead story. Not Manning vs Manning

Last edited by Sports Steve; 09-11-2006 at 03:30 PM.

Every fan wants his teams highlights shown first; unfortunately, we can't all be first.
    It was really an exciting game and for me fun to watch because it was never in doubt.
    The only thing I am trying to temper my excitement for is I have never thought Chris Sims was worth a draft slot. I just don't think he's that good. I want to see us dominate a really good quarterback, and as someone else mentioned I want us to play above our competition. We haven't done that in awhile. If we go into Cleveland and bury them in the first half I will be so stoked I won't be able to contain myself.

Are things looking better after the road win at TB...YES!! Does it carry any weight if we don't beat the Raiders at home...NO!! A road win is only good if you get the home win the next week.

Right now 1-1 would not be good. This team needs to focus on the Raiders and NOTHING else. Looking past the next game will always be a big mistake.

One game at a time....all year long.

FM

Over the years I have seen this team completely dominate tough teams then come out the next week and lay an egg against a sub par team.

Not that I am predicting this but it is always something that remains embedded in the back of my mind.

Well, we'll get to see what the Raiders are gonna or not gonna bring to the table tonite.Personnally I doubt they'll be as good as Tampa in the end.I look for our defense to do as much damage,if not more, to the Raider O.Hopefully McNair can deliever on his 20 points plus a game prediction.That happens,we should be a dominate force in the NFL once again.

Plus we have shown we are very tough to beat at home. I'd be more nervous about playing the Raiders if we were going into the Black Hole. The home crowd is going to be pumped after the big win in Tampa so I know that excitement will rub off on the team!

Yeah, I can't see a letdown this week. However, it wouldn't exactly surprise me if they went to Cleveland and lost, despite being a much better team.

While there is no such thing as a gimme game in the NFL, I feel more confident about the Raiders game than any other game on our schedule -- and that was before the Tampa Bay beatdown.

It's our first home game, the crowd and the team will be super-pumped. This team also appears, from what I've seen and read, to be very focused, so I think they will not go into this game thinking they can win by just showing up. And finally, I think the Raiders are going to be one of the worst teams in the league this year.

Add up those three factors, and I see a convincing win. And dare I even think it -- another shutout?

Okay, I admit I'm getting a little carried away, but who knows?

I think the D will bring it consistently

The offense did not show consistent performance yesterday -- still ample room for improvement

We need to CRUSH the Raiders next Sunday!!!