Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

24x7 Camp Notes (8-15-2006)

http://www.profootball24x7.com/colum...dba39adda9e6e6

As much as I appreciate DSW's great acrobatic catches, I am scared that he will end up injured. I hope he is careful with making these difficult catches.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Stover then tried one from 47 and Billick said if he nailed it, practice would be over. The snap was clean, the placement good, the kick was off, a shout of “let’s go home” hung in the air as the ball curled left…….NO GOOD.
    Did Sto do that on purpose? I think he'll do better than last year, but for him to miss one from 47 yards out is surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenatic20
    Did Sto do that on purpose? I think he'll do better than last year, but for him to miss one from 47 yards out is surprising.
    Matt is always a little dicey from 45 yards and out. Its his consistency under 45 that makes him so great.

Demetrius Williams continues to impress and is rather fearless in traffic
    Clarence Moore please take note. Maybe Demetrius will lend him his testicles for a quarter or two.

Yeah except Kyler will be hitting those testes with his passes.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven
    Clarence Moore please take note. Maybe Demetrius will lend him his testicles for a quarter or two.
    Here come Spiderman!
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Re: 24x7 Camp Notes (8-15-2006)

I really like what I'm hearing about Demetrius Williams and Quinn Sypniewski. Both seem like they could be late-round steals.

We drafted Quinn mostlly for his blocking skills (dude is huge) but it seems like he's more than capable as a pass catcher, too. From what I've seen, he looks like a mini-Heap. We should have lots of interesting goal-line possibilities this year.

Here's an interesting package that might work well:

Put Ogden, Mulitalo, Brown, Vincent, Pashos on the line. Have Heap, Sypniewski, and Chester line up at tight end. Split Williams out wide and have Jamal in the backfield.

We could easily pound it in with all those bodies up front, or we could do play-action and throw it to one of the tight ends or Williams.

I don't know, just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by postalworker
    Here's an interesting package that might work well:

Put Ogden, Mulitalo, Brown, Vincent, Pashos on the line. Have Heap, Sypniewski, and Chester line up at tight end. Split Williams out wide and have Jamal in the backfield.

We could easily pound it in with all those bodies up front, or we could do play-action and throw it to one of the tight ends or Williams.
    I really like that idea Postal. A converted TE like Chester should be able to easily overpower a LBer and he must have at least some ability to catch. The onlything I might change is to put Musa or Anderson in at the goaline, Jamal has never been great in those situations. Plus both Musa and MA have better hands.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52
    The onlything I might change is to put Musa or Anderson in at the goaline, Jamal has never been great in those situations. Plus both Musa and MA have better hands.
    This is very true; you're definitely right, Anderson would be a better choice in this situation. We could also put Justin Green in there and take out Chester, or Williams. That'd be pretty interesting, too- Having Anderson, Green, Heap, Chester, and Sypniewski on the field at the same time gives us a lot of possibilities.

I am glad we have both Clarence Moore and Demetrius Williams on our team. We will need them this year and I hope that they make the pro bowl this year

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sizzle View Post
    I am glad we have both Clarence Moore and Demetrius Williams on our team. We will need them this year and I hope that they make the pro bowl this year

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I also think the addition of Derrick Mason is a very underrated add to this team. He might mesh well with a certain QB who will eventually be overpaid in the future.