Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. So why am I not suprised?

Now that we have perused the Ravens schedule every which way we can my question is, can the NFL make our lives any more miserable? I see some look at not having to play against Holmes, or Ben as a break, I dont. MNF in the Jets opening game at new stadium will be a nightmare. I'm sure the 69 team will be introduced at halftime. Division champions second game. 4 of first 6 on road. Well, I hope we stay healthy, and get some good draft picks, we are going to need all of them.

Re: So why am I not suprised?

As I stated in the other thread, in 2000, 5 of the first 7 games were road games.

And since our inception, we never opened with back to back road games. It had to hit us at some point.

Thank you HR. People have to realize you cant always have the perfect schedule.

Every team can look at their schedule and find something to complain about.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

4. Re: So why am I not suprised?

Bottom line: if the Ravens are good enough to compete for a Super Bowl, we will win games no matter where they are played. If the Ravens choke in big games and beat up on the bottom feeders again, I will be disappointed. Again.

I am not terribly upset with the schedule other than that I think we should have opened at home with the O's on the road.

I am more annoyed that yet again most of our home games fall in the colder months. Not that I will skip any games but it would be nice to get a few nicer fall days rather than games like the Redskins 2 years ago.

Edit: I am really glad we get a Saturday night home pre-season game. Especially since it is against the Giants. I love going out and then going to the game then going out again with my Brother in law who is a Giants fan coming down from Philly. It was a blast the last time we played the Giants in Pre-Season and I am sure it will be again.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

6. Re: So why am I not suprised?

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    Bottom line: if the Ravens are good enough to compete for a Super Bowl, we will win games no matter where they are played. If the Ravens choke in big games and beat up on the bottom feeders again, I will be disappointed. Again.
    Hokie, I agree 100%, what I was trying to say is they never cut us a break, but I played thru College, you play what your schedule is and the best team goes forward.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    I am not terribly upset with the schedule other than that I think we should have opened at home with the O's on the road.

I am more annoyed that yet again most of our home games fall in the colder months. Not that I will skip any games but it would be nice to get a few nicer fall days rather than games like the Redskins 2 years ago.

Edit: I am really glad we get a Saturday night home pre-season game. Especially since it is against the Giants. I love going out and then going to the game then going out again with my Brother in law who is a Giants fan coming down from Philly. It was a blast the last time we played the Giants in Pre-Season and I am sure it will be again.
    so you would rather us be on the road in december in must win games? i would much rather be home in primetime under the lights in December when the entire country is watching us and we play Raven smash mouth football.

my only problem with the schedule is 3 out of our 4 primetime games are on the road. when was the last time we had a home MNF game? New England?

Blog Entries

We might catch a VERY big break playing Steelers on the road week 4. If the rumours are true, Ben's suspension is 4 weeks long. So we'd get out away Steelers game in without Ben.

And I'd rather get the Jets out of the way early.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by misbehavinraven View Post
    Now that we have perused the Ravens schedule every which way we can my question is, can the NFL make our lives any more miserable? I see some look at not having to play against Holmes, or Ben as a break, I dont. MNF in the Jets opening game at new stadium will be a nightmare. I'm sure the 69 team will be introduced at halftime. Division champions second game. 4 of first 6 on road. Well, I hope we stay healthy, and get some good draft picks, we are going to need all of them.
    Why should the first game at the Jets be worse than a crucial playoff game for the Cowboys in the last game at Texas Stadium? I actually think Lewis and the Ravens LOVE such opportunities. It's a tough game, but less tough than playing the Jets later in the year with everyone on deck.

If this 2010 version of the Ravens is as advertised, then to hell with the schedule, and bring it on! If this team is really SB worthy, then they need to get mentally tough, and it might as well start sooner, rather than later! New Jets stadium; Rex calling blitzes out the wazoo; all of the Jets off-season acquisitions - let's see what the Ravens are made of!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Wink Re: So why am I not suprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    so you would rather us be on the road in december in must win games? i would much rather be home in primetime under the lights in December when the entire country is watching us and we play Raven smash mouth football.

my only problem with the schedule is 3 out of our 4 primetime games are on the road. when was the last time we had a home MNF game? New England?
    You think exactly opposite of me.

I'm happy that I only have to put up with one home night game, even though it's in December. These games are not conducted for the benefit of the home crowd! I could care less about what the national TV crowd sees - they aren't forking over $100/seat. Anyway, all you see on TV is what's between the yard markers -- it doesn't make any difference to the TV watcher if the game is being played in Baltimore, Miami, Green Bay, or London.

And I am disappointed that there are few early season home games, when the weather is great, while they are jamming them in again during the cold & sometimes nasty Sundays of late November and December. This type of scheduling would have been appropriate for Miami or Tampa - but we are more of a cold weather city than semi-tropical.

Did anyone here really enjoy sitting in the 34 degree downpour of the Lions game or the iced over seats of the Bears games?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    You think exactly opposite of me.

I'm happy that I only have to put up with one home night game, even though it's in December. These games are not conducted for the benefit of the home crowd! I could care less about what the national TV crowd sees - they aren't forking over $100/seat. Anyway, all you see on TV is what's between the yard markers -- it doesn't make any difference to the TV watcher if the game is being played in Baltimore, Miami, Green Bay, or London.

And I am disappointed that there are few early season home games, when the weather is great, while they are jamming them in again during the cold & sometimes nasty Sundays of late November and December. This type of scheduling would have been appropriate for Miami or Tampa - but we are more of a cold weather city than semi-tropical.

Did anyone here really enjoy sitting in the 34 degree downpour of the Lions game or the iced over seats of the Bears games?
    come on now obviously no one liked sitting out in the conditions of the Lions or Bears game but Honestly how often does that happen here? This is my 11th season having PSLs and i can only remember 2 other home games that were equally miserable to sit out in. so those games are rare.

I know most people dont want to freeze at games but it is much easier to deal with a 20 degree night game than it is to deal with a 90 degree day game. you can put on extra layers when its cold but when its hot you can only take off so much. If you dress for the weather it shouldnt be as big of factor.

when its the end of the season and we need to win games i want them at home when the 12th man can help. Idk if its the lights, the extra time tailgateing, being more awake or what it is but the crowd is much louder into it for Primetime games and I love that