Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Schedule

Re: 2010 Schedule

I like the placing of the bye week, just about right in the middle of the season.

Challenging schedule but I'm sure it's not the toughest.

Really don't like the schedule from a personal viewpoint. Weather starts getting really cold after the first week in December and we have a January game to boot. Hope it doesn't snow like last year. Hated that game against Chicago and had snowballs which were as hard as rocks thrown at my daughter and me.

Why does Pittsburgh get such an easy schedule in the beginning? Was this taylor made for the Roethlessburger suspension. For what he did and got away with nothing less than an 8 game suspension will do. The man is a criminal. Just think--Plaxico Burress is in jail for 2 years and all he did was shoot himself in the leg and this guy pays off the family and gets off scott free. It doesn't seem right to me.

Re: I'm suprised we dont play the Saints 3 times during regular season

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    5 of our first 7 were road games in 2000.
    Yes, but at least it was: Away, Home, Away, Home, Away to start.

This is 2 away games in a row, and 3 of the first 4 on the road.

In 2000 we played some hapless teams to start. Here we go on the road to the Jets, Bengals, and Steelers.

We're going to find out very quickly how much of a better team we are this year than last.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    Really don't like the schedule from a personal viewpoint. Weather starts getting really cold after the first week in December and we have a January game to boot. Hope it doesn't snow like last year. Hated that game against Chicago and had snowballs which were as hard as rocks thrown at my daughter and me.

Why does Pittsburgh get such an easy schedule in the beginning? Was this taylor made for the Roethlessburger suspension. For what he did and got away with nothing less than an 8 game suspension will do. The man is a criminal. Just think--Plaxico Burress is in jail for 2 years and all he did was shoot himself in the leg and this guy pays off the family and gets off scott free. It doesn't seem right to me.
    I don't think Pittsburgh has an easy schedule to start. Atl will be a playofff team this season. Tenn was the #1 seed in the AFC 2 years ago but sucked to start the season last year bc of injuries but once healthy almost made the playoffs and should challenge for the playoffs this year. Than Tampa Bay, not much to say about them. week 4 they play the Ravens. Potentially they could start 1-3 but would be happy 2-2

I'm happy with the schedule. I'm alittle surprised we gotta wait for week 3 to play at home. I like all of the 1:00pm games at home. But we all know subject to change towards the end of the season.
    Former Season ticket holder from 1996 to 2016

All in all, I think that the schedule is pretty good. I know the early road games will be tough, but we couldn't ask for a better bye situation, right after the Thursday night game and right between two home games. NOw I have to pick the ONE game I am guaranteed to go to, with my brother, hmmmm, Saints? Steelers? Bengals?

I don't know, the schedule seems pretty favorable to me. We're going to play the Jets on the road regardless so who cares if it's Monday night and the opening night of the stadium? The fact that we'll definitely play the Jets without Santonio and might face the Steelers without Roethlisberger is a huge advantage! I'd rather play tough teams early on so we know what our issues are and have time to address them. I also love having the bye right in the middle of the schedule.

The only thing that I see working against us is having to play the Falcons on the road on Thursday night on a short week. But even so it's not like they have to fly across the country.

The league could give us 16 home games and people would still be bitching they are out to screw us.

I like the schedule because: we play the Jets when Santonio is on suspension. He's killed us over the years. If the ESPN report is true, we draw the Steelers at Heinz while Rapistberger is on suspension. I like the idea of facing Poppin' Fresh Byron Leftwich there.

And I agree it kind of sucks we don't get a home game until week 3, but oh well.

9. Re: 2010 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I guess its a good thing we are playing them in NJ than
    They will be opening their new stadium on that night
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 04-22-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    They will be ning their new stadium on that night
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    They will be ning their new stadium on that night
    In New Jersey...
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!