Thread: Cody Inactive?

Cody Inactive?

Wow, I knew our linebackers are our strength (always!!), but i was suprised that Dan Cody was inactive yesterday. I saw Mike Smith on the sidelines. I guess he's more of a special teams ace. Looked forward yesterday to see Cody speed rush from the end.Can't wait until Sunday

Re: Cody Inactive?

I could be getting ahead of myself, but it makes me wonder if AD will be extended. They dont think enough of Cody to activate from the 53 to the 45, let alone share time or start for AD. This leads me to believe that Cody has talant and is learning the game, but probably needs some time to improve.

I like Cody and think he may one day turn into a star. But right now he is doing OJT. I would really like to see that Ravens re-sign AD. Come on Oz make it happen.

The official answer from Rex Ryan on WNST was that yesterday it was a CB/S depth issue where they wanted an extra guy there.

Blog Entries

CB/S depth issue? Then why did we make Derrick Martin inactive?

We have 7 CBs!

Anyway, I hope we get to see him coming back on the field soon.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

If Dan cody is rushing the QB (like his potential suggests) we dont need extra db's because the pass never leaves the QB's hand (unless its a fumble). Me still thinks AD should be signed long term!

I think we'll see plenty of him this week -- because we'll be bringing him and some of he backup lineman in for most of the second half due to the score:)