Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    "Obama Effect" also translates into better international image for the U.S.



    While Obama works hard to clean up the mess from 8 years of Bush...improving the economy, 410ks, healthcare, financial reform, education, the list goes on...he is also improving the image of the U.S. around the world.

    While U.S. citizens are apt to respond to the fear tactics of the conservative side of things, many in the international world are not so easily manipulated it seems;

    "People around the world today view the United States more positively than at any time since the second Iraq war," said Doug Miller, chairman of international polling firm GlobeScan,

    "While still well below that of countries like Germany and the UK, the global standing of the US is clearly on the rise again."


    After a year, it appears the 'Obama effect' is real -Steven Kull, director of Pipa




    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/8626041.stm









  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: "Obama Effect" also translates into better international image for the U.S.

    Um, Galen - are you drunk or something.

    Over the weekend you ignored pertinent stats in your own link about taxes being low at 8% but ignored the stat that said payroll taxes are up by 16%.

    Now you ignore the lines in your own chart.

    Look at the first block.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-19-2010 at 10:35 PM.





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Owings Mills
    Posts
    1,155

    Re: "Obama Effect" also translates into better international image for the U.S.

    Trap was sick the day they taught chart reading at school apparently.



    The green line represents the percentage of people surveyed from around the world who consider the US's influence as positive. It dipped to its lowest point under Dubya and has been steadily climbing since Obama was elected.

    All the other lines are how surveyed people feel about those countries.

    Don't feel embarrassed, reading can be hard sometimes.
    I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats. -Ray Lewis





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: "Obama Effect" also translates into better international image for the U.S.

    LOL.

    I said look at the first block. The lines have gone down.

    So we still have a long way to catch up.

    Article said:

    While still well below that of countries like Germany and the UK, the global standing of the US is clearly on the rise again."


    But still a long way to go to catch up to the first block.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-19-2010 at 10:49 PM.





  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: "Obama Effect" also translates into better international image for the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    LOL.

    I said look at the first block. The lines have gone down.

    So we still have a long way to catch up.

    Article said:

    While still well below that of countries like Germany and the UK, the global standing of the US is clearly on the rise again."


    But still a long way to go to catch up to the first block.
    nice edit Trap...but Effo was right to call you out on yet another reading comprehension error. Seeing that you went back to edit it after Effo's post, it is clear you saw ***this time*** your reading error but won't be owning that anytime soon.

    Just think Trap...just like you misread the graph and know it just imagine if everything you read politcally is also misread? Maybe that explains your fringe beliefs? A lack of understanding of anything you read? Could be! I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe if you understood half of what you read, you would post a little more sensibly here?

    Then again as the RNC has pointed out the GOP is the party of the ego-driven rich and the scaredy-cat dumb.









  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: "Obama Effect" also translates into better international image for the U.S.

    Nah, Galen.

    I said look at the first block.

    You omitted the first block like you always deny stats - even stats in
    your own links like this one when you ignored the 14.2 % increase in payroll taxes.


    http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum...ad.php?t=52802


    _____________________________________________
    Most Americans pay more in payroll taxes, which support Social Security and Medicare, than they do in income taxes. Thus, the 14.2 percent figure reflects the impact of payroll taxes far more than income taxes.
    ____________________________________________



    We are well below the EU AND EK and that was my point. I looked at all the lines, not just the green one.


    The article bore that out and in other countries to. I looked at all the lines. You couldn't read those.


    For a guy who thinks he's so smart, you're always getting your arse kicked in here.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-19-2010 at 11:25 PM.





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Owings Mills
    Posts
    1,155

    Re: "Obama Effect" also translates into better international image for the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Nah, Galen.

    I said look at the first block.

    You omitted the first block like you always deny stats - even stats in
    your own links like this one when you ignored the 14.2 % increase in payroll taxes.


    http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum...ad.php?t=52802


    _____________________________________________
    Most Americans pay more in payroll taxes, which support Social Security and Medicare, than they do in income taxes. Thus, the 14.2 percent figure reflects the impact of payroll taxes far more than income taxes.
    ____________________________________________



    We are well below the EU AND EK and that was my point. I looked at all the lines, not just the green one.


    The article bore that out and in other countries to.


    For a guy who thinks he's so smart, you're always getting your arse kicked in here.
    Cool story, Bro.
    I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats. -Ray Lewis





  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: "Obama Effect" also translates into better international image for the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    Funny.

    Trap's understanding of the chart implies that the United States has a 40% approval rating of the United States up from a low of 28% 2 years ago.









  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: "Obama Effect" also translates into better international image for the U.S.

    Posting at 10 am Galen.

    No clients again today.

    No wonder you have so much time on your hands.

    You still over look your deficiencies reading your own links saying taxes were a low 8% overlookng the stat
    in your own link saying the payroll taxes were 14.2%. Plus others.


    And as JOnBoy schooled you on your own thread - taxation has never been higher.

    That's more than a little reading comprehension Galen and you're the Shrink.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 04-20-2010 at 12:18 PM.





  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: "Obama Effect" also translates into better international image for the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Posting at 10 am Galen.

    No clients again today.

    No wonder you have so much time on your hands.

    You still over look your deficiencies reading your own links saying taxes were a low 8% overlookng the stat
    in your own link saying the payroll taxes were 14.2%. Plus others.


    And as JOnBoy schooled you on your own thread - taxation has never been higher.

    That's more than a little reading comprehension Galen and you're the Shrink.
    Nope...no clients Trap but the welfare check is showing up in the mail today! If I get down to the local Cash Check shop before afternoon, I can get it cashed before the tea baggers show up to get their's cashed and complain about paying too much tax.

    Seriously the day JonBoy schools anyone over on this side is the day he stops listening to his dad at the dinner table each night and actually reads something informative.

    Finally, its ok Trap to admit you misread the chart. Its quite appparent you did and the more you try to act like you didn't, the more silly you look. Sometimes we all need to know when to cut our losses. That is your daily free therapy gem.









  11. #11

    Re: "Obama Effect" also translates into better international image for the U.S.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Nope...no clients Trap but the welfare check is showing up in the mail today! If I get down to the local Cash Check shop before afternoon, I can get it cashed before the tea baggers show up to get their's cashed and complain about paying too much tax.

    Seriously the day JonBoy schools anyone over on this side is the day he stops listening to his dad at the dinner table each night and actually reads something informative.

    Finally, its ok Trap to admit you misread the chart. Its quite appparent you did and the more you try to act like you didn't, the more silly you look. Sometimes we all need to know when to cut our losses. That is your daily free therapy gem.
    My father has been dead for several years... thanks.

    I have schooled you repeatedly on climate. You are a lost sheep.
    You know we had an ice age? And we didn't have to burn fossill fuels to get out of it... The only thing constant about climate is change.

    And as I mentioned even your savior Obama admits he raised taxes on us peons... just not "income" taxes becuase of $400...





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland