Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ngata & Haynesworth..??? Could it be..Its worth it

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Now, if Haynesworth would promise to stomp on Hines "Pumpkinhead" Ward's head and Ben Roethlisberger's crotch for the benefit of women worldwide, then ok, maybe...
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

More than likely the cap is coming back.

More than likely Ozzie is going to back up the Brinks truck for Haloti.

Why would you tie up so much of your money in players that generally don't touch the ball and don't touch the quarterback?

Now, if Haynesworth would promise to stomp on Hines "Pumpkinhead" Ward's head and Ben Roethlisberger's crotch for the benefit of women worldwide, then ok, maybe...
    Cap or no cap, the skins already gave him his money. Over the next 3 years it is only? 15 mil with 9 guaranteed, but that is less guaranteed money and salary than the Os closer is making.

Nagta is not likley to get as much as Haynesworth got without getting franchised a couple times first. If he wants his huge payday right away it should be for more of a Tyson Jackson type contract.

As far as impact, I think you only have to look at where the Titans and Skins defenses ranked and were rated over the last 2 years. He does touch Qbs. I saw him Goose Brady last preseason, and he did not get all that money for nothing. He may not be worth it, but he did earn the contract by dominating NFL comp not the big 12.

The money thing does not really seem to be an issue for the Ravens. Who are they overpaying? Suggs maybe, but they have so many great value players up and down the roster it is ridiculous. There are some big money vets like Pryce, Gregg, Heap, Reed and Ray that should be long gone before Nagta and Flacco become unrestriced free agents. The Ravens are great at filling holes on the cheap, so they should not be able to even try to cry broke when a young superstar is up for a new contract or a free agent or trade is available.

Big Al may not be the kind of guy you want on your team, or you want to root for, but he sure can play when he wants to,you would not want to have to block him, and in a good DT rotation he should be pretty good and worth what he is scheduled to make. I think some team will be glad to give up a 2nd round pick for his current contract, but I can understand if the Ravens do not, or if they get turned down if they offered it since he was mostly just on the block to aviod paying him the 21 mil they had to on April fools day. Now they may want to get a little more out of him than a late 2nd round pick and with #5 at Qb they may think they are a contender.

:T2:

... and thank you Tony, for egging JW on again. ;)

... and thank you Tony, for egging JW on again.
    I always look at these things like this....

Why would the Redskins after investing so much in a player like Haynesworth willingly let him go?

Blog Entries

Why would the Redskins after investing so much in a player like Haynesworth willingly let him go?
    To make a point.

Schottenheimer did it with releasing Larry Centers to demonstrate to the team who was the boss. It hurt the Redskins, Centers made the probowl with his next team.
    Albert is squawking about a change to a 3-4 and apparently wants no part of it, and wouldn't have gone to a 3-4 team to begin with. Now we are hearing "voluntary" workouts are going to be ignored. It is a clash of wills and Albert can't win anyway but by forcing the team to get rid of him.
    I'm not sure he would even accept our hybrid 3-4/4-3. Shany is re-molding the team and has hit a big snag.

I'm far from a cap expert but has to be advantageous to clear him out uncapped, or risk a cancer in the locker.
    Zorn should be able to give some insight to the Ravens on the wisdom of thinking along those lines.
    My guess is he ends up back with the Titans laughing all the way to the bank.

Apparently the skins are trying to see what they could get for him.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Cap or no cap, the skins already gave him his money. Over the next 3 years it is only? 15 mil with 9 guaranteed, but that is less guaranteed money and salary than the Os closer is making.

Nagta is not likley to get as much as Haynesworth got without getting franchised a couple times first. If he wants his huge payday right away it should be for more of a Tyson Jackson type contract.

As far as impact, I think you only have to look at where the Titans and Skins defenses ranked and were rated over the last 2 years. He does touch Qbs. I saw him Goose Brady last preseason, and he did not get all that money for nothing. He may not be worth it, but he did earn the contract by dominating NFL comp not the big 12.

The money thing does not really seem to be an issue for the Ravens. Who are they overpaying? Suggs maybe, but they have so many great value players up and down the roster it is ridiculous. There are some big money vets like Pryce, Gregg, Heap, Reed and Ray that should be long gone before Nagta and Flacco become unrestriced free agents. The Ravens are great at filling holes on the cheap, so they should not be able to even try to cry broke when a young superstar is up for a new contract or a free agent or trade is available.

Big Al may not be the kind of guy you want on your team, or you want to root for, but he sure can play when he wants to,you would not want to have to block him, and in a good DT rotation he should be pretty good and worth what he is scheduled to make. I think some team will be glad to give up a 2nd round pick for his current contract, but I can understand if the Ravens do not, or if they get turned down if they offered it since he was mostly just on the block to aviod paying him the 21 mil they had to on April fools day. Now they may want to get a little more out of him than a late 2nd round pick and with #5 at Qb they may think they are a contender.
    *Dropping to knees* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! take me I can't live through this again. I refrained from typing in the last thread about this and he is not a Raven type pick up by no means and do you want to have to go through a similar cap dump when that mess returns. Think long term looooonnnnnnggggg teeerrrrrrrmmmmmm.

I just wanted to address the "who do you double team" if Ngata and Painsworth are on the line at the same time. I would say it will be Painsworth for one play, and while he gets his wind back for the next 15 they take out Ngata and essentially void the presence of an out of shape diva. Great physical ability with no drive or motivation means he's not a good fit. If he was asked to move around the line (which happens time to time on this team) you can bet he will take that play off.
    When are we gonna get a Clayton for Ginn Jr thread going? I mean, aside from the contract issues they have had near identical seasons the last 3 years and Ginn is younger and faster...it's a no brainer!!
    There is only absolute black and absolute white, all else are shades of gray.

Quote Originally Posted by grayplay View Post
    I just wanted to address the "who do you double team" if Ngata and Painsworth are on the line at the same time. I would say it will be Painsworth for one play, and while he gets his wind back for the next 15 they take out Ngata and essentially void the presence of an out of shape diva. Great physical ability with no drive or motivation means he's not a good fit. If he was asked to move around the line (which happens time to time on this team) you can bet he will take that play off.
    When are we gonna get a Clayton for Ginn Jr thread going? I mean, aside from the contract issues they have had near identical seasons the last 3 years and Ginn is younger and faster...it's a no brainer!!
    It is pretty hard to prove a player is taking plays off, but it is pretty easy to prove what kind of difference maker Haynesworth is with stats and how they change with and without him.

Here when Nagta needs a play off, he comes out of the game. The Titans used a deep DL rotation as well. The Skins stank, and had no depth. Plenty of players start coasting or flat out shutting it down when the season is lost.

He has value, he may not be worth what the skins want in trade, but he is worth his salary over the next 3 years.

Ginn for Clayton? Why not? Either one would be battling for the 3rd or 4th WR spot and Ginn is a very good return man at least.

I do not know why mesage board fans get annoyed with off season fantasy GM talk about all the current rumours. It does not mean anything, it is just some football possibilities to talk about.

They wouldn't. And that's why ridiculous threads like this make it almost unbearable to read this forum lately.

I hope you don't mean I was annoyed. I honestly don't see the value in Haynesworth. I thought the 15 plays to get his wind back made it clear I wasn't being too serious. I did not watch him play with the titans, except in obvious exceptions, but last year I was forced in to watching way too many washington games. He does take plays off, and when a player needs a break, he should get off the field, instead of napping on it. (that's based on the radio hype from last year, I didn't see that first hand)

I do think if their line was so depleted and they couldn't afford to place backups in to relieve him, he wouldn't be getting shopped around.

I say give the worlds largest duck help from somewhere else.
    There is only absolute black and absolute white, all else are shades of gray.

Quote Originally Posted by grayplay View Post
    I hope you don't mean I was annoyed. I honestly don't see the value in Haynesworth. I thought the 15 plays to get his wind back made it clear I wasn't being too serious. I did not watch him play with the titans, except in obvious exceptions, but last year I was forced in to watching way too many washington games. He does take plays off, and when a player needs a break, he should get off the field, instead of napping on it. (that's based on the radio hype from last year, I didn't see that first hand)

I do think if their line was so depleted and they couldn't afford to place backups in to relieve him, he wouldn't be getting shopped around.

I say give the worlds largest duck help from somewhere else.
    I was talking about the posters that do not even have an opinion other than insults.

I can not really argue that the Ravens should trade for him, and I did not watch many skins games last year, but did see a few where teh D was dominant, and guys like Orakpo were coming off the edge almost untouched because Haynesworth was creating havok up the middle. London Fletcher was flowing side to side untouched and hitting everything that moved. They doubled the sack total from the year before, while the Titans fell off dramatically at the start of the season.

This Shit is .....