Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Where were you on 9/11/01

Quote Originally Posted by SykesvilleFan
    Howard was born to be on Sirius -- the show is great. Artie is extremely funny. I don't like some of the other people on the show now -- Sal the Stockbroker and Richard Christy. They are just too gay for me. But the show is really great and Howard doesn't have to rant about being censored any more.
    Say what you want about Richard and Sal, but their prank phone calls are some of the funniest stuff I have ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by losac
    Say what you want about Richard and Sal, but their prank phone calls are some of the funniest stuff I have ever heard.

The prank calls are great - no doubt about it (my turban is dirty was hysterical). But the gay stuff is nauseating. Today was so over-the-top gay that it made me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by SykesvilleFan
    The prank calls are great - no doubt about it (my turban is dirty was hysterical). But the gay stuff is nauseating. Today was so over-the-top gay that it made me sick.
    Agreed....very very gay stuff...but it was funny. Enjoyed the Bubba (who I really don't find funny or entertaining) vs. Dee Snyder. I will agree as much freedom Stern has now he doesn't go overboard with the f-bomb every minute.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

I was in DC in my office which is 2 blocks from the White House. The office manager asked everyone to "stay in the building" after all the rumours were rampant -- I decided with a friend to take off at that point by car.

Took 3 hours to get out of the city to the burbs and since I got to the city by train, had to find a rental car at Rent a Wreck to ultimately make it back to Sparks.

This should not be a political event -- rather we should remember what the event was -- an attack on civilization.

Unhappy Re: Where were you on 9/11/01

I was at my High School (Calvert Hall).

I was walking to the bookstore to buy some pencils for my Algebra class, and on the news they had the footage of the North Tower and the gaping smokey hole in the side of it.

The headline on the screen said "Plane crashes into World Trade Center".

And as I was watching...live...I saw the second plane hit the south tower.

It was then that I went to the Cafeteria and began telling my friends about what I had just seen. It was unreal.

Then in my Algebra class, my Math teacher puts on CNN, and footage of the Pentagon in flames took over the screen.

It was at that time that I knew our country was going to war.

Calvert Hall has TVs everywhere?

It was ironic that my first visit to NYC for a meeting (with a vendor on 47th St.) was on September 5, 2001. Yep, 6 days before. I came into NY Penn on Amtrak and remember seeing those towers very clearly as we approached the city from NJ. Little did I know that would be the last time I would see them.

I had to go back about 10 days to two weeks after the attack. I was carrying mag tapes and documents that were so sensitive that my company didn't trust a courier. What struck me was that the streets were so QUIET. Nobody was using their horns! It was like a funeral. Because I had some free time, I decided to check out "ground zero". Now, it was difficult getting around, but I did manage find a side street where they had erected a viewing platform out of plywood and 2x4s.

Now let me tell you, unless you were there and saw it for yourself, you could never appreciate the scope of the mountain of debris. TV and pictures I saw never did it justice. And the condition of the buildings surrounding the towers was unbelievable. Imagine thousands of tons of material hitting those building faces. That remains to this day my most vivid memory of that time.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Like everyone else, I will never forget the events of 9/11/01.

I was working in Baltimore's WTC. (My company has since moved.) I had just walked into my bosses office, pad and pencil ready for a meeting. Just as I was sitting down, Sig, our president at the time, walked down the hallway and said "A plane just hit the WTC in NY.". Like a lot of you, my though was a small plane had engine trouble and hit the tower. My boss and I, along with a few other co-workers, went to the conference room and turned on the TV. We saw the tower burning. Still thinking it was an accident, after a few minutes, my boss and I returned to our meeting.

Then, another co-worker came down the hall and said "Another plane just hit the WTC!". Again, I went to the conference room and saw the second tower in flames. It was at this point I knew we were under attack.

After watching for about 15 minutes, I returned to my desk, stunned. I then started getting e-mails saying that a plane hit somewhere in DC. At this point, given the name of my office building, fear and panic started settling over me.

Next thing I know, my boss is telling everyone to get out of the building and that they are closing for the day. I grabbed my stuff and evacuated the building, along with every WTC tenant.

As I'm heading home down I-295, I listen to Lopez on 98Rock say the first tower collapsed. At this point, all the disbelief, fear and panic come to a head and I burst out sobbing uncontrollably.

Like everyone else, I spent the day glued to the TV, trying to make sense of everything. I couldn't.

I returned to work on Thursday, with Baltimore City SWAT (including my cousin Doug) guarding the building. I walked into the WTC that day willing to lose my life just to show those bastards they could not and would not stop this American from going on with life.

God Bless America! :usa: