Blog Entries

Two interesting Joe Flacco stats...

It's the O's Home Opener today...so naturally, I'm getting excited for football.

I've been hunting on the pro football reference site over the past few days during training...realized a few interesting things about our boy Joe Flacco...

1. Joe Flacco's 2009 season was statistically speaking the 2nd best season for a QB in Raven history - Yeah that's right...while everyone was poo-pooing Joe and saying it's time to get Troy out there, Joe's 2009 season is ranked 2nd best among any Ravens QB, 2nd only to Vinny's 1996 season...

Yardage: 3613 is 2nd to Vinny's 4177
    TDs: 21 is 2nd to Vinny's 33
    Completions: 315 is 2nd to Vinny's 325
    Completion %: 63.1% is 2nd to Steve McNair's 2007 season at 64.9%
    Int %: 2.8% is 5th best among QBs who attempted more than 180 passes in a season
    QB Rating: Joe's 2009 season #1 at 88.9

I'm not doing INTs because it's a misleading category. Technically, your winner there is Troy Smith in 2007, because he threw 0 INTs on 76 pass attempts. If you expand to 16 game QBs, Kyle Boller's 2004 is actually the winner at 11.

2. Joe is just 1262 yards away from becoming the career passing leader for the Baltimore Ravens - This one suprised me a bit, but he has 6584 yards already. The career leader is Kyle Boller at 7846. So, in just his 3rd year, Joe should pass Kyle Boller as the franchise leader in passing yards, probably around mid-season.

In other categories, Joe is 16 TDs away from the franchise lead in TD passes (He has 35, Vinny had 51). Joe is 174 pass completions shy of the franchise mark there too. And he has a cushion of about 20 INTs before he would have the franchise record for that (44 by Mr. Kyle Boller)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Two interesting Joe Flacco stats...

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    It's the O's Home Opener today...so naturally, I'm getting excited for football.

2. Joe is just 1262 yards away from becoming the career passing leader for the Baltimore Ravens - This one suprised me a bit, but he has 6584 yards already. The career leader is Kyle Boller at 7846. So, in just his 3rd year, Joe should pass Kyle Boller as the franchise leader in passing yards, probably around mid-season.
    You mean somewhere around the 3rd game, we have 2 REAL WR's now!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Blog Entries

I don't want to jinx him...also even with 2 real receivers, I don't see us becoming a 4000 yard passing team. We still have way too strong a running game to just go with a spray all over the field offense.

My conservative estimate is 200 yards per game, so 7 games puts him at 1400 yards
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

4. Re: Two interesting Joe Flacco stats...

Just goes to show, he's not your average Joe!:D
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 04-09-2010 at 04:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Interesting
    I did go looking for the negative, and found
    http://www.databasefootball.com/team...?tm=BAL&lg=NFL

Sacks Season
    1. Kyle Boller 35 2004
    2. Vinny Testaverde 34 1996
    3. Tony Banks 33 1999
    4. Joe Flacco 32 2008

And Sacked Career
    1. Kyle Boller 102
    2. Vinny Testaverde 54
    3. Tony Banks 53
    4. Eric Zeier 39
    5. Anthony Wright 38
    6. Joe Flacco 32
    7. Jeff Blake 30
    8. Elvis Grbac 28
    9. Steve Mcnair 25
    10. Trent Dilfer 23
    Jim Harbaugh 23
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Interesting
    I did go looking for the negative, and found
    http://www.databasefootball.com/team...?tm=BAL&lg=NFL

Sacks Season
    1. Kyle Boller 35 2004
    2. Vinny Testaverde 34 1996
    3. Tony Banks 33 1999
    4. Joe Flacco 32 2008

And Sacked Career
    1. Kyle Boller 102
    2. Vinny Testaverde 54
    3. Tony Banks 53
    4. Eric Zeier 39
    5. Anthony Wright 38
    6. Joe Flacco 32
    7. Jeff Blake 30
    8. Elvis Grbac 28
    9. Steve Mcnair 25
    10. Trent Dilfer 23
    Jim Harbaugh 23
    Sorry but Joe has now 68 sacks.

And he has most PO games.

And a negative stat which is very impressive, he has only lost four fumbles including POs, this is a ridiculos low number compared to other Raven QBs.. So please let Boller (19 fumble lost as a Raven) keep that stat for next decade.