Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamal Waived

Jamal Waived

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...e.jsp?id=16744

Lewis Waived
    By Mike Duffy
    February 28, 2007

The Ravens have waived running back Jamal Lewis, general manager and executive vice president Ozzie Newsome announced today.

But, just one day before the start of free agency, that doesn't mean that the seven-year veteran won't don a Ravens' jersey in the future. Newsome expressed his desire to re-sign Lewis sometime this offseason.

"We are involved in negotiations with Jamal, and there has been good dialogue," said Newsome. "Jamal has been a significant contributor to us in the last seven seasons.

"It's our hope to have him back with the Ravens."

Lewis started all 16 games in 2006, surpassing the 1,000-yard mark for the fifth time in his career with 1,132 rushing yards. Since Baltimore selected him fifth-overall in the 2000 NFL Draft, Lewis has racked up 7,801 yards on the ground, making him the all-time leader in franchise history.

Re: Jamal Waived

Thanks for all you've done for us Jamal, but this is the best for us. Hope you can land in a situation that you can maximise what you have left.

When is the draft? Bush here we come?

Also, maybe freeing up that space could make a Pashos resignable, although, sounds like because of tampering he already has a monster deal in place.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Also, maybe freeing up that space could make a Pashos resignable, although, sounds like because of tampering he already has a monster deal in place.
    As I said in the other thread - Tony P. isn't gone yet. The agent has let the Ravens and other teams know Tony won't be cheap.

Now we'll see which team puts the money where the agent's mouth is.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Everyone knew Jamal wasn't going to be around with an 11.67 million cap figure.

He'd be worth keeping for mike anderson money...but rumors have it denver is interested again.

I love Jamal and what he is done for us, but I do not want us to re-sign him. I still am holding out a sliver of hope for Pashos, but do we really want him if another team has offered him LT type money to be an above average type RT. Right player, right price I guess. In Oz I trust.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    I still am holding out a sliver of hope for Pashos, but do we really want him if another team has offered him LT type money to be an above average type RT. Right player, right price I guess. In Oz I trust.
    Mathis ate him alive in the Colt game! If someone wants to give him LT money, let them. He's an above average RT, but nothing more.
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Na na na na hey hey hey good bye!!

I hope this is the end of the Jamal saga. He hasnt been productive for 4 years.

Have the Chargers tendered Turner yet? Im sure he will get the high tender, but maybe not??
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

thought this would happen but not this soon personally, suppose we will be in the running for Willis McGahee? just heard (Clayton) the Giants offered no better then a 4th to the Bills for him (of course they said no) or is it going to be RB by committee in 07' (Anderson, Daniels and if healthy Smith, and a possible Rookie)
    "Is it me or does Billick seem a bit in his Post game Interviews? or is it he's just :insane: and doesn't know what to do?"

Quote Originally Posted by bassgtrst View Post
    Na na na na hey hey hey good bye!!

I hope this is the end of the Jamal saga. He hasnt been productive for 4 years.

Have the Chargers tendered Turner yet? Im sure he will get the high tender, but maybe not??
    lets be correct here 3 yrs.... after all it was in 03' he had his 2000+ season
    "Is it me or does Billick seem a bit in his Post game Interviews? or is it he's just :insane: and doesn't know what to do?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    Mathis ate him alive in the Colt game! If someone wants to give him LT money, let them. He's an above average RT, but nothing more.
    To be fair an above average RT is all you ever get by and large. Anything more and someone wants them to play LT.

It seems like we're throwing dirt on Jamal, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him completely. I still think we might sign him to a new deal. I'm not saying that I would be excited about such a move, but if he's willing to come back for a reasonable price, it could definitely happen.

Whether they bring him back or sign or draft a new RB, I think they should give Anderson more playing time next season. He was really underutilized.