Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 20 of 20

Thread: Jamal Waived

  1. #16

    Re: Jamal Waived



    Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    He'll probably be back, which is what irritates me. Just cut ties! He isn't good anymore!
    Seriously. I loved Jamal, but the guy is no longer a good back.

    IF Jamal was willing to stay and get 5-10 carries a game, I'd take him back. But, that won't happen. He thinks he deserves a starting role, and Billick is too loyal to him. For those reasons, it's better than we not resign him.




  2. #17

    Re: Jamal Waived

    Quote Originally Posted by LBoogy View Post
    IF Jamal was willing to stay and get 5-10 carries a game,
    You can stop right there -- he complained the past two seasons when he only got 15 to 20 carries a game, so you know he'd bitch up a storm over being a part-time player. He would need a significant attitude adjustment to accept such a role. I'm not sure he has it in him, at least not yet.




  3. #18

    Re: Jamal Waived

    Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    You can stop right there -- he complained the past two seasons when he only got 15 to 20 carries a game, so you know he'd bitch up a storm over being a part-time player. He would need a significant attitude adjustment to accept such a role. I'm not sure he has it in him, at least not yet.
    I gotta disagree with your wording High.

    Complaining and wanting the ball are two different things IMO.

    Jamal's attitude was fine last year. He's actually well liked more than just about anyone on the team. When a reporter asks the guy if he wanted the ball more during a game, what's he supposed to say? No? Any RB is gonna want the ball as much as possible.

    He was as frustrated at his production as anyone. Jamal has most definitely lost a step, but watching the OL run block last season was embarassing.

    I think the FO realizes that as well which is why they are interested in bringing him back.

    Guys like Barry Sanders, who produced big time without run blocking, only come around once a generation.

    If we bring him back, fine. If not, that's fine too. But if this OL doesn't start run blocking, everyone here clamouring for a new RB thinking that's the sole answer is gonna be real pissed this time next year.

    PP
    Last edited by purplepoe; 02-28-2007 at 08:10 PM.




  4. #19

    Re: Jamal Waived

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Complaining and wanting the ball are two different things IMO.
    Agreed -- I want a RB who wants the ball -- but IMHO, he was complaining from time to time in the past two years. I'm referring to his argument that he needs 25 to 30 carries to be effective, which has always sounded to me like an excuse for not performing. If you can't be effective in the first three quarters, why should you get the ball in the fourth? He was very productive in the first half in his really good years, so his reasoning that he needs to wear down the defense doesn't seem to have a lot going for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    If we bring him back, fine. If not, that's fine too. But if this OL doesn't start run blocking, everyone here clamouring for a new RB thinking that's the sole answer is gonna be real pissed this time next year.
    PP
    I'm totally with you on this point. The pass blocking finally improved last year, but the run blocking took a step backwards.




  5. #20

    Re: Jamal Waived

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    yeppers!!!!
    Unfortunately that is a good bet. I bet if Vegas had a prop for it, it would be at least (-250) or 5:2 for you track betters...




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland