Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pashos Leaving

Re: Pashos Leaving

Hey, I’m not a newbie!
    Yay!

Ok… back to work…

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    Total bummer. I was really starting to like that guy.
    Getting attached to players in todays world is impossible.

btw- How fucked are we if JO retires?
    To previous posts, Terry at RT ain't gonna happen, never played it in college, doesn't have the skill set, ain't gonna play there. If he was, he already would have as he's more talented than Pashos.

To Bert, if JO retires, yes we take a step down at LT (Terry I still think will be perfectly capable at LT if Ogden does retire which is why I'm not s**ting bricks over JO retiring) but it doesn't put us in any worse a spot at RT because it doesn't have a bearing on it. RT immediately becomes a need position and one that so far as I can see (unless Levi falls, very possible as his footwork has been shown up in workouts) may only be able to be filled with a stop gap solution by way of a cheap FA because I really don't see a great deal of immediate impact at OT in this year's draft once you get past Joe Thomas.

No chance of Levi Brown making it to us unless he gets himself injured or arrested before the draft, so you can forget that possibility. I'm not a big fan of trying to throw in a rookie at RT anyway. If we can't bring back Pashos, and we don't have the money to sign anyone competent to replace him (there isn't anyone anyway), then Terry will have to suck it up and do his best. I don't want to see Mulitalo back out there... that was a travesty.

We will take a tackle at some point during the draft, maybe even first day, but I don't think we'll be looking at one as a starting option. Looking over this year's prospects, I'm beginning to hope we can come away with a wide receiver, as there's a good chance that a good one (Ginn, Bowe, Meacham, or Rice) will still be available when we pick. Unless Marshawn Lynch continues to slide, none of the options at RB are appealing. A good WR with size and speed will make a great complement for Clayton as Mason's career begins to wind down. Since we have Demetrius Williams, I won't be terribly unhappy if we don't come away with a WR in the first, but I don't think we should take a lesser player at another position based strictly on need.

As for Pashos, good luck on your next team.

FUCK.

This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. Our young, promising RT is gone on an already depleting O-line.

We need to draft two O-lineman on the first day IMO. I know we won't, but I think we need to.

We need a RG and a RT. Vincent sucks and Terry can't play RT to save his life, not to mention if Ogden retires, we'll need Terry to play LT.

Blalock has to be our guy. If Staley lasts until the 2nd, I think we should grab him there. It's time to get this damn O-line situation settled. I'm tired of waiting around. It's been too long.

Take a RB in the 3rd, get a DE/OLB in the 4th, grab a CB, QB, and resign JJ and Ovie.

Either that, or sign a RT in free agency.

I didn't mind losing AD, but this is a huge blow. Needs to be fixed, and like now.

Look at Kemo last year, look at Weaver that year, look at Baxter the year before, look at Hartwell that same year.

Those guys were replaced by Ngata, Pryce, Rolle, and AD.

We find amazing replacements when our guys get signed away. One of our replacements is going to cash in big this offseason.

We'll be fine.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

re: other posts

1. Pashos is the best tackle in free agency along with tubby Leonard Davis of the Cardinals. I'm not joking. That's a big reason we won't be able to pay him.

2. I don't think we're that screwed. This draft is very deep in terms of solid guard prospects, in fact, into the second day there should be "ready to start" quality guards around.

As to blalock, according to reports at the Senior bowl it doesn't look like he can swing being a professional tackle. Maybe something has changed, but that's the outlook I got when I checked things out. UK is probably best suited to giving an opinion on that, I am going on second hand stories here since I am without the NFL network. (boo me and boo that).

Guard depth on the team is also better than we think. You've got rimpf who was supposed to be in the running for a slot when he was injured. Brown will start, chester at center, JO/Terry at LT. Then you have Flynn, Mulitalo, Vincent, and Rimpf that can play guard and are competing for the second guard slot. Flynn can play guard and center so you've got a backup plan there.

So when you look at the whole picture, sure, it's not pretty, especially with no JO, but it's not desperate. One ready to start RT and we're out of the woods.

Pashos will garner more attention than Davis because he can actually pass block and play tackle, Davis can't play tackle very well and damned sure can't pass pro.

Guards there do seem to be a few in this draft who are 'ready to start' but at tackle as I mentioned it looks pretty thin. Joe Thomas is a no-brainer prospect (not saying he's a no brainer to succeed, but as a prospect he's a no-brainer) and then Levi Brown may be ready to start at RT but I don't see LT in him with his speed (or lack there of) and his footwork (or lack there of). That to me is why he could well fall, you don't take RTs in the top 15, you take guys who can play LT and I don't think Brown can in the pros and I think that could see him fall.

Then after those guys you've got guys like Staley, Tony Ugoh of Arkansas etc. who are projects with the upside to play LT but not the ability to step right in and play IMO. There's lots of tweeners but to me the only guy who's really stepped up and said "yes I can step outside in a pinch" is Sears of Tennessee. Blalock proved at Senior Bowl practices that he pretty much can't step outside.

This is why I'm wary for RT this year and sort of looking for a stop gap solution for this year rather than looking for a guy for the long term that just isn't there this year.

You're being foolish if you don't think Terry is a very realistic option at right tackle next season. Probably the most likely at this point and with a weak draft for tackles, it could very well stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by HDDream View Post
    You're being foolish if you don't think Terry is a very realistic option at right tackle next season. Probably the most likely at this point and with a weak draft for tackles, it could very well stay that way.
    It looks like we may be seeing Mule and Flynn start, jsut so we can keep JO, because I agree, that Terry will likely be our starting RT.

I truly hope that Levi Brown slides out of the top 15, of which is possible due to his looking like a RT. If so I think that we HAVE TO trade up and secure him, as he is THE ONLY starting RT in the draft.

You mean we're not going to draft a QB with our 1st rounder?

No seriously, this team is goign to have some serious needs this offseason, including RB, RT, DB, LB etc

I wouldnt' expect 13-3 again.

My knee jerk reaction is this is grandstanding by the agent, telling the Ravens and other bidders that Tony P. ain't coming cheap.

He could easily be gone, but he may end up staying, too.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.