Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pashos Leaving

Re: Pashos Leaving

Haven't we gone over the whole Terry at RT thing? The Ravens wanted to have him play there but it was pretty clear right away that he's strictly a LT.

It ain't happening.

And when did Pashos become some great RT?

He's getting love because the F/A market is thin.

He played well last year.

If someone wants to overpay for him, more power to them.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    He's getting love because the F/A market is thin.
    I think that's the important point here. I was hoping to keep him, but there are teams out there with a lot of money to spend and we aren't one of them, so someone will very likely overpay for him. If so, that's just the way it goes. I'd like to see him stay but I don't want to overpay for him. He was a competent RT but he's no All-Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgtrst View Post
    Look at Kemo last year, look at Weaver that year, look at Baxter the year before, look at Hartwell that same year.

Those guys were replaced by Ngata, Pryce, Rolle, and AD.

We find amazing replacements when our guys get signed away. One of our replacements is going to cash in big this offseason.

We'll be fine.
    One small difference... all on defense. We can find great talent and fit it into our tight defensive unit. On offense, that hasn't exactly been the case.

Is this the beginning of the end? Stay tuned until next year folks!!!! I say if JO retires we unload our entire team for draft picks!!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Haven't we gone over the whole Terry at RT thing? The Ravens wanted to have him play there but it was pretty clear right away that he's strictly a LT.

PP
    I'd like to de-bunk this "myth". Can anyone tell me they have seen Terry play RT poorly with their own two eyes since TC of his rookie year? He did not try RT at all last offseason as Ogden was out with the passing of his father. Terry was not offerred a shot at the startign RT job simply because he was a clear improvement on the left side, and therefore allowed the team to look at other players better. Pashos was then the De- Facto starter, as he performed well.

So please anyone contradict me. Tell me this is not a message baord perpetuated myth as I feel it is, stemming from his initial pre-draft write-ups, and first Pre-season. I'm not saying he will be all world, but I don't feel he will be a step down either.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I'd like to de-bunk this "myth". Can anyone tell me they have seen Terry play RT poorly with their own two eyes since TC of his rookie year? He did not try RT at all last offseason as Ogden was out with the passing of his father. Terry was not offerred a shot at the startign RT job simply because he was a clear improvement on the left side, and therefore allowed the team to look at other players better. Pashos was then the De- Facto starter, as he performed well.

So please anyone contradict me. Tell me this is not a message baord perpetuated myth as I feel it is, stemming from his initial pre-draft write-ups, and first Pre-season. I'm not saying he will be all world, but I don't feel he will be a step down either.
    No, people will not tell you they've seen him play poorly at RT since TC his rookie year. The reason is the coaches saw enough and realized he's a LT only.

I've heard DeCosta specifically say that Terry is a LT and only and LT.

Pashos was a huge question mark coming into this season yet he was the starter with no question. If Terry could've given him a run, then why didn't they try it?

JO wasn't out all last offseason. He missed some of TC, but not mini camps. So why didn't Terry get a shot at RT then? Because he's not a RT. Hell, he would've seen alot of time his rookie year if he could've done it. The Brown/Pashos combo of 05 was a joke yet Terry didn't sniff the field. He was a 2nd rounder who we traded up for. Take a look around the league. There a bunch of guys drafted there that see significant time yet Terry didn't.

The FO took a risk by not upgrading the RT position last season and it paid off as Pashos played much better than expected.

PP

P.S. I would love it if Terry could play RT.

So nothing could possibly change so that something a kid at 22 couldn't do, due to physical limitations, that couldn't be cured over the next two years. I just really have a hard time believing that nothing could be done with Pashos, if they did not view Terry as at least an adequate stop gap. There are no starting quality tackles that will provide any sort of discount over Pashos, and the draft is thin at the position as far as day 1 starters are concerned. I could be wrong, but i'd be very surprised if Terry wasn't option 1 at this point in time. We still NEED our future RT THIS DRAFT, but It'd be nice if JO stayed a year, Terry stuck it out a year at RT and the new guy moved in day one next after the superbowl when JO, Ray and Stover call it quits.

So nothing could possibly change so that something a kid at 22 couldn't do, due to physical limitations, that couldn't be cured over the next two years. I just really have a hard time believing that nothing could be done with Pashos, if they did not view Terry as at least an adequate stop gap. There are no starting quality tackles that will provide any sort of discount over Pashos, and the draft is thin at the position as far as day 1 starters are concerned. I could be wrong, but i'd be very surprised if Terry wasn't option 1 at this point in time. We still NEED our future RT THIS DRAFT, but It'd be nice if JO stayed a year, Terry stuck it out a year at RT and the new guy moved in day one next after the superbowl when JO, Ray and Stover call it quits.
    Like I said, I hope Terry can play RT.

The Ravens got caught in a bad spot because of how thin the market is right now for RTs.

Pashos is going to benefit greatly because of it. I think the Ravens would love to re-sign him not only because he's the only prove RT we have, but the fact that JO is at least considering retirement. I gotta believe that they have a pretty good idea that he's staying. Because if he does retire, and Pashos moves on, we're in trouble. Think about it. If that scenario is more than say, 50/50, then I believe the Ravens might even pay a little more than they want for Pashos just based on JO not coming back.

I did a little research and found a little blurb from last July stating that Terry did in fact play some RT in camp.

If they are going to revisit the idea again, I hope he's in a 3 point stance right now. Wherever he is.

And once again, Pashos played well last season, but he's certainly not an irreplaceable player.

PP

Terry can play RT, but he wouldn't be as good at it as some others. He lacks leg drive to handle the larger DEs on the right side. I would say something about losing a little in thrunning game, but we averaged 3.4 YPC last year.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Terry can play RT, but he wouldn't be as good at it as some others. He lacks leg drive to handle the larger DEs on the right side. I would say something about losing a little in thrunning game, but we averaged 3.4 YPC last year.
    Exactly.

Terry is really a finesse guy when it comes down to it. Maybe that is the reason coaches were so reluctant to put him on the right side.

But with what our run blocking did last year, maybe they realize they can get the same production from him as Pashos and save a whole lot of money.

IMO, Pashos is another in the line of Ravens who play well but get overvalued by the home fans.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    This was essentially my, as told by a former Olineman. I know he's not ideal, I know he is lacking in the runnign game, but it appears, to me at least, that the team feels that he can at least hold the position down for 1 year. That is all he needs to do. Bring in a bit of a project for next year, and let JO retire in peace. If JO retires on us after Pashos leaves then that is B.S. With all of the money this team has played him, leaving them in that predicament instead of getting $8m more or so is flat out B.S.

If JO retires on us after Pashos leaves then that is B.S. With all of the money this team has played him, leaving them in that predicament instead of getting $8m more or so is flat out B.S.
    I just don't think tha will happen.

Could it? Maybe. But I say it's highly doubtful and I bet the Ravens FO pretty much knows JO will be back.

PP