Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pashos Leaving

Aaron Wilson: Pashos gone too!

Oh man....

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=118&p=2...%2f622588.html

well, if you can read the rest of the article, it says we can't afford him either.

We definitely need to address the OT slot 1st day. If JO is gone too, then we're going to need 2 tackles that have the potential to start. (ie, 1 starting RT, and a quality backup plan)

Angry Pashos Leaving

According to his agent Tony Pashos does not intend to return to the Ravens. This first quote is from Rotoworld:

Ravens T Tony Pashos' agent said the tackle will not remain with the Ravens next season.

"Tony definitely will no longer be a member of the Baltimore Ravens," said Rick Smith. Translation: We already have a ridiculous offer, even though that's 'tampering', and there is no chance Baltimore will match it. Pashos is an average tackle at best and his contract will be a sign of how this market looks.
    And this is the agents full quote per The Sun:

"Tony definitely will no longer be a member of the Baltimore Ravens," said Rick Smith, the agent for Pashos. "He is in the same situation as Adalius Thomas. Based on the Ravens' cap situation and the expected interest in the market, they would have to restructure or cut guys. And they have a good foundation there."
    Are you kidding me!?! This blows. I've sat through 10 years of atrocious RT play and the 1 year we get a guy who can pass block he flees the coup. Mark my words, Pashos will be the biggest impact defection this year unless he is adequately replaced (by who I have no idea).

Link to Rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=2190
    Link to Sun: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...tory?track=rss
    Last edited by GreenWave52; 02-28-2007 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Added links

Re: Pashos Leaving

A first day tackle would make sense.

There are a few options that look promising. I'm upset too, but things should work out alright.

Re: Aaron Wilson: Pashos gone too!

Story is up on the home page too here: Pashos

I hate going into the draft with an obvious need, but you are right. We are probably going to have to hope we can snag a rookie who is ready to step in and perform.

Also I hate that Tampering is overlooked. I feel like the Ravens are the only team that doesn't tamper. There might be a couple of others, but doesn't it always seem like our guys get snatched up at 12:01 am while at the same time we never sign anyone right away.

Billick even joked last year that Ma'ake must have had the sortest negotiations ever since he signed with Carolina in a minute.

It looks like playing by the rules gets you behind in the NFL. Great lesson there, kids.
    Last edited by GreenWave52; 02-28-2007 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Added the part on tampering

Re: Aaron Wilson: Pashos gone too!

The Ravens are up against cap challenges. They have the nucleus of a good team with solid players. The way league is set up they can't pay everybody. Its Pashos time to get paid. Tenative plans seem to be you can expect to see Adam Terry at RT. He defintely needs to improve his run blocking if thats the case. You can expect to see the Ravens draft a few linemen taken in the draft. At least one on the first day.

Here are a few options from what I've done poking around

1) Joe Staley depending on his ability to come in and play right away
    2) Justin Blalock ~ reports are he won't be able to play tackle. If that is incorrect information and he can play tackle, it's possible.
    3) Arron Sears ~ can play any position on the line, seems like there are questions about him being a better guard than tackle

Those are the 1st-ish round options

Later in the day you've got people like
    Ryan Harris ~ average run blocker, UCLA's DE rocked him in pass rushing
    Doug Free ~ small school prospect who is a converted TE, is viewed as a finesse player
    James Martin ~ typical BC lineman who doesn't have big time physical skills, but gets the job done well and is a hard worker, shifted from LG to LT his senior year

Does not surprise me one bit. He was a top 3 RT this year and possibly the most sound RT at pass blocking this year once Jason Peters was shifted to LT by the Bengals. It dissapoints me because I'd love to have him back, but I don't blame him one bit for going after the money, you have a limited window for it and this is an extremely, extremely weak FA class for OTs.

For us now, well Levi Brown fell as a result of Senior Bowl and Combine so there's an outside chance he may fall to us, maybe not but we need something somewhere at RT now and this is highly disturbing. Brown would bring a bit of power blocking back to this line and could see next year's OL as:

LT - Ogden
    LG - Mule (Pending recovery from injury)
    C - Chester
    RG - J. Brown
    RT - L. Brown

This is quite the spanner in the works and I hope to god it doesn't limit our good pass blocking on the OL to just this one year, I really enjoyed having that pass blocking quality this year. :(

I'm skeptical about the whole Terry as a RT thing. Aaron himself mentioned that Terry looked terrible playing over there and much more comfortable on the left side (where he has always played). It is not an easy switch to make, plus that gives us exactly ZERO back-ups to either tackle.

I hope the Ravens figure this out because it is my biggest concern going in to next season.

10. Re: Pashos Leaving

Total bummer. I was really starting to like that guy.
    Getting attached to players in todays world is impossible.

btw- How fucked are we if JO retires?

I think we're not nearly as bad as people said.

Brown is one of those guys that could go top 15 or he could fall. If he fell, that would be great. He's not quite as good a pass blocker, but has a big time mean streak in going after defenders.

Even if we take someone else, and JO is gone, you still have a hopefully solid 1st day pick at RT and Terry at LT. Depth is scary though.

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    btw- How fucked are we if JO retires?
    To your question, unfortunately I have to say, "very".

This is disturbing news indeed. I liked the whole only one team got sacked less than us last year thing.