Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: OT - Clean off your vehicles - Snow

[I]Losac, did you get the truck ID? They should pay for your repair.[I]

The same thing happened to me, but after I called the trucking companys insurance co., they informed me that it was a "act of God,"and would not pay for any repairs!

Thank God noone was hurt in all three cases!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

That's bullshit, they gave you that answer but it isn't the truth. An act of God was the snow and ice, the failure to remove it was negligent. They are hoping they won't pursue it any further.

You know what's bullshit? It's people trying to bilk the insurance companies with flying ice stories. If it happens it was an act of god, Period. The guy who started this said he was going 75 miles an hour driving in the snow...Come on now...lets use some common sense.

give yourself some time like the rest of us so you don't endanger other people on the roads.
    The roads are fine regardless of if i clean off the top of my roof. No one has ever said shit to me about not cleaning the top of my car roof and I don't expect anybody to do so at any time in the near future.

I got on the beltway the day after Valentines day and was in the slow lane when a minivan in the fast lane had a 4'x4' block off ice shoot off their roof, go about 35-40 feet in the air, come across 2 lanes and shattered my windshield in my face. The glass repair company had 160 repairs on their books in 3 days from flying ice

WOW! what an exageration. I think you're just one of those guys looking for a lawsuit. As stated before its an act of god, get over it.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

MY kids broke up the ice on the roof of my van and built an igloo.

"The roads are fine regardless of if i clean off the top of my roof. No one has ever said shit to me about not cleaning the top of my car roof and I don't expect anybody to do so at any time in the near future."

The cops will get you eventually. And rightfully so.
    Do you really want to endanger someones kids life because you dont feel like running a broom across your roof for 30 seconds?
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    You know what's bullshit? It's people trying to bilk the insurance companies with flying ice stories. If it happens it was an act of god, Period. The guy who started this said he was going 75 miles an hour driving in the snow...Come on now...lets use some common sense..
    I know you are a Yankees fan, so things come to you a little slow. So try to follow. Not cleaning ice off your car so that it flies off on the highway creating a hazard is AGAINST THE LAW. You can get a ticket if you get caught.

When my incident happened, the roads were dry and clear. It was 2 days after the ice storm, but there were still cars covered with snow and ice. What difference does it make if you are going 75 or 55? A hunk of ice flying at you will still mess up your car and could possibly injure you. Hell, you could be standing still and it would hurt you. So yes, the roads were less safe due to one trucker being too lazy to clean off his trailer.

Who the hell is bilking an insurance company? That's what insurance is there for. No one is making anything up. The law says that the driver of the car with the flying ice is liable, so when you do finally bust someone's car up because you are a lazy tool who is too busy and/or important to take 2 minutes to clear off your car, then you can explain your "act of God" theory to the police and your insurance company.

Thumbs down Re: OT - Clean off your vehicles - Snow

WOW! what an exageration. I think you're just one of those guys looking for a lawsuit. As stated before its an act of god, get over it.
    Really! Because I think you're just an insensitive lazy jerk who is too lazy to do what's in the best interest of the other people around him. I think you're proud of it, and hopefully we will all be lucky and you won't hurt anyone, but if you do, you'll say it was their fault and drive away. I think you're a guy whose been lucky so far this hasn't happened to you!

But we're all entitled to our opinions.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

You know what's bullshit? It's people trying to bilk the insurance companies with flying ice stories. If it happens it was an act of god, Period. The guy who started this said he was going 75 miles an hour driving in the snow...Come on now...lets use some common sense.
    God...you are really that stupid. If you read my follow up I was driving to work today. It was NOT snowing today...it was cloudy...so no I was not driving 75 in the snow....I-70 was totally clear.

The roads are fine regardless of if i clean off the top of my roof. No one has ever said shit to me about not cleaning the top of my car roof and I don't expect anybody to do so at any time in the near future.
    The point of this whole topic is not the roads. The roads are fine. It's idiots like yourself who don't use common sense that create a potentially dangerous situation because of negligence. Point is people shouldn't have to tell you this. If you had a brain and thought about it for a second you may understand. I'm sure if you were put in the same situation and you got hit (shattered your windshield, caused damage to your vehicle, etc) you'd be pissed as hell.

I don't believe in frivolous lawsuits but after taking a semester of law at school I'd seriously consider a negligence lawsuit in this situation. Snow/weather is an act of God....not cleaning your car off and someone getting hurt by it is negligence. It's no different then you not shoveling your walkway and someone slips and falls on it.

But it's clear you don't have 2 brain cells to rub together and understand the point.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

I thought crazy's first post in this thread was an early contender for dumbest post of the year, but he's already outdone himself with this gem:

You know what's bullshit? It's people trying to bilk the insurance companies with flying ice stories.
    The person who started this thread said NOTHING about insurance. Thanks for paying attention. Read much?

The guy who started this said he was going 75 miles an hour driving in the snow
    The person who started this thread was NOT driving in the snow, as previously stated. Thanks again for paying attention.

The roads are fine regardless of if i clean off the top of my roof.
    This thread is not about the condition of the roads, it's about lazy, clueless dopes who don't remove ice from the roofs of their cars, causing a needless threat to innocent people. Thanks once more for paying attention.

I think you're just one of those guys looking for a lawsuit. As stated before its an act of god, get over it.
    What is being discussed is not an act of God, unless it's an act of God that morons that are too lazy to clear off the roof of their cars are allowed to exist.

Sorry if I'm crossing the line, mods, but this sort of unique stupidity shouldn't go unchallenged.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Uh, talk to a lawyer. God doesn't make you drive down the road at high speeds, he makes it snow or ice to fall. You are responsible for removing the snow and ice before driving, not God.

And people get killed by snow and ice flying off of vehicles. If you think it is fine to just drive down the road with snow and ice flying you are nuts.

Personally I think you are just trying to be a jackass stirring up trouble, nobody could be this obtuse.

"No one has ever said shit to me about not cleaning the top of my car roof and I don't expect anybody to do so at any time in the near future."

I can assure you that if the built up snow and ice on your roof comes my way going down the road, I'm going to be that somebody.

You can bank on it!!

I would say I find it hard to believe that there is anybody out there this clueless regarding this subject, but all you got to do is go out and drive after a storm.

As someone that spends the majority of his day on the road driving, I can guarantee you I've seen damn near everything.

That crap last week was dangerous stuff.
    The story above about the flying sheets of ice is in no way an exaggeration.

If it's me that gets hit by the ice and sustains damage, I'm not stopping until I get the guilty culprit stopped.
    I would have pulled out the cell phone and dialed 911 and continued to follow.

The whole SUV thing really chaps my ass to begin with.
    Hate the damn things!!
    Got into an argument with somebody at work just last week on this subject about people that own them not cleaning off the roof portion.

Dude came back at me about pick-up trucks and the same scenario because of there height.

I made it a point the next day to kind of track it so to speak.

Roughly, 1 out of every 10 pick-ups didn't clear the roof portion of the cab.

Complete opposite on the SUV idiots!! (about 1 out of 10 did)

If you're too fucking lazy to clean the damn thing off, then leave the thing parked until it melts off!!

The ones that get me even worse are the lazy douche bags that drive around in little sedan type cars that have only cleared a window through the snow on the windshield so they can drive.
    The whole freakin' car is covered with snow except for a small portion of the windshield in their line of vision.

These are the idiots that should be flogged and forced to ride behind large trucks with 4x4 slabs of ice falling off.:hammer:

I use to work for a furniture company several years ago.
    We had a couple box type cargo trucks we used for delivery.
    The business owner would make us go on top of the trucks and shovel off the snow before he'd let them hit the road.
    Dangerous to us doing the removal, but I understood where he was coming from with wanting it done.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Hey idiotraven... I mean crazyraven, does this picture of my truck look like an "exageration"? I almost got killed by a dumbass like you who thinks the world revolves around them, and they make no effort to live their life thinking of others. It would be impossible to be as stupid as you are, so I can only assume you're just trying to stir up the board during the predraft lull...

Link to Pictures
    http://ravensscott57.blogspot.com/