Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation OT - Clean off your vehicles - Snow

I hate to vent but this should be common sense. I was driving into work today on I-70 when this huge piece of snow/ice flipped off the roof of a SUV and hit my windshield. Going 75MPH and being blind for a few seconds is a scary thing. And this SUV had a Raven's bumper sticker! Which one of you was it?? :hammer:

It drives me nuts people take the time to clean there vehicle off but never clean off their roofs or the covers on pickups. It only takes a extra minute to clear it off and could save a life.

Thank you.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Re: OT - Clean off your vehicles - Snow

Amen!!!

Funny you mention this.

Over a week ago, after the Valentines Day ice storm, I was driving into work when a piece of ice fell off the roof of a tractor trailer and struck the side of my car. It shattered my passenger side window and put a huge dent in the door. Plus another piece fell and I ended up running over it, busting up my front bumper.

I had my car in the shop all last week and it cost me $500 to fix with my deductible.

Yes, clean off your cars! Laziness is not an excuse to smash up someone's car and cost them big money!

I never clean the roof, cause Im always in a rush and because I know the snow will slip off while I'm driving. I suggest you slow the f*&k down while driving in the snow and use your windshield wiper next time.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    I never clean the roof, cause Im always in a rush and because I know the snow will slip off while I'm driving. I suggest you slow the f*&k down while driving in the snow and use your windshield wiper next time.
    Please tell me your actually joking. :insane:

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Losac, did you get the truck ID? They should pay for your repairs.

CrazyRaven is a complete idiot if he really thinks that slowing down has anything to do with it. Hey dufus, the law requires you to clean off your vehicle. I got on the beltway the day after Valentines day and was in the slow lane when a minivan in the fast lane had a 4'x4' block off ice shoot off their roof, go about 35-40 feet in the air, come across 2 lanes and shattered my windshield in my face. The glass repair company had 160 repairs on their books in 3 days from flying ice.

Excuse CrazyRaven's bad manners, he likes to put up the tough guy act sometimes.

its inexcusable not to clean off the roof of your car. We're talking lives and money and damages here.

Yeah I know its cool to be tough guy and say "slow down" but uhhhh last time I checked that wont help. You're on a highway or major roadway going at least 40 and ice coming off someone's roof can be deadly. Snow also if it causes an accident.

For the record it wasn't snowing this morning and I was in the slow lane doing 75. People go between 75-85 in the middle/fast lane. I know we can't control what the truckers do (that's a whole different story) but the excuse of being in a rush is BS. If you have time to wipe the vehicle off it takes u and extra minute to do the roof.

I'm happy losac was lucky enough not to get hurt but it could have been worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Losac, did you get the truck ID? They should pay for your repairs.
    No, I didn't get his tag# - just saw that it was a Maine license plate. I was alongside him at the time, and with ice still falling off his truck, didn't really feel safe trying to drive alongside him signaling for him to stop. The insurance people said they had dozens of similar claims that week involving flying ice damage.

They also had a story about it on WJZ last week about all the car damage from the ice. You can be killed and it's really a shame people are so careless, lazy and apathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Hey, an early contender for the dumbest post of the year! And it's only February! Congrats!

After the Valentine's Day storm, I did not get hit by ice from the roof of a car or truck, but almost got hit at least four times, all in front of me on 95. They were probably people like crazy, who "never clean the roof cause I'm always in such a rush." Hey genius, give yourself some time like the rest of us so you don't endanger other people on the roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    No, I didn't get his tag# - just saw that it was a Maine license plate.
    You'd think someone from Maine would know better.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.