Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Was Anyone Else ROTFL At Ngata's INT? Randoms

It took about 10 minutes for me to compose myself when Ngata was running that ball. Big props to him. What a confidence booster. You can see the impact that Ngata will have on this league in a year or two.

As for the rest of the game, what is there to say? Total Raven Domination. We were clicking on all cylinders.

Big props to the OL. They may not have open huge lanes for our runners, but the fact that Simeon Rice and that front seven were a non-factor is a credit to those OL guys.

Can you imagine once McNair is clicking with the offense? You could still see where McNair is learning his guys. He overthrew Clayton several times including one pass that Clayton could have taken to the house. I believe he overthrew a wide open Heap as well.

Demetrius Williams had one catch for 9 yards, but you can see the talent in that kid.

Dwan Edwards showed up on a couple of plays. Edwards is showing value as a reserve-rotation DT.

If Jarrett Johnson catches that INT, we win 34-0.

Ray was sick on today and so were Suggs and Scott.

CMAC and Reed were amazing. Our defense is scary!

It seemed that we were more conditioned to play in that heat than the hometown Bucs. Kuddos to Billick and his practices during the heat this past Summer.

Sam Koch was amazing during punting on today including a booming punt from close to our endzone that went way back to the 20 yard line of the Bucs.

Bring on the Raiders!
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Was Anyone Else ROTFL At Ngata's INT? Randoms

It was great to be able to laugh about the big guy running. I thought he was almost hoping to be brought down so he didn't have to run like that anymore. I heard someone say he was probably so tired that we wouldn't see him again until game three.

After the rumble, one of the guys I was watching the game with started calling Ngata the Pineapple of Doom...

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard
    After the rumble, one of the guys I was watching the game with started calling Ngata the Pineapple of Doom...

I like that nickname; Pineapple Of Doom; POD! LOL!!!!!!!
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

As great as the run was, on the replay its obvious he could have taken that in for 6. I'm not criticizing mind you, just a little fantasy bitterness.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Nata should have scored....he just had to wait 1 second and cut back in and it would have been 6. But yes...it was funny to watch.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Add to that AD's hit on Pittman where he sorta crumbled. BEAUTIFUL!

Nata should have scored....he just had to wait 1 second and cut back in and it would have been 6
    In his defense...he likely didn't get many chances to practice his cut backs in training camp =)

the Pineapple was actually pulling away from several of the Bucs. it took a WR to catch him.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam
    it took a WR to catch him.
    Catch him? He basically just stepped out of bounds on his own -- I think he was just gassed.

All I could think of when watching the replay of him running down the field was Chris Berman saying "Rumbling, bumbling, stumbling!" during Prime Time highlights.

Blog Entries

I was giddy...I also noticed how smart it was to get out of bounds at the end, and I remembered Ed Reed's first INT, when he began showboating and had the ball knocked away just before the goalline. Then, on the replay, I realized Ngata only accidentally stepped out.

Oh well, just nice to see he didn't freak out when the ball landed in his hands. I was also reminded of the scene from The Replacements when the C catches a tipped ball and starts freaking out because how often do OL become receivers? funny stuff.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

he heard yelling someone please tackle me
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan