Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cowboys release LT F. Adams. Ravens Gaither as replacement ??

Cowboys released FS Ken Hamlin and LT Flozell Adams.

Alan Ball is next up on Dallas' depth chart at free safety, though the former cornerback and late-round pick wouldn't be an upgrade over Hamlin in any capacity. Hamlin, 29, missed four games last season due to injury, made just 52 tackles, and didn't create a single takeaway. He'll likely have to settle for a cheap, "prove it" deal elsewhere. Adams' release creates a void on Tony Romo's blind side, where Doug Free would start if the season began today. Apr. 2 - 1:21 pm et

Blog Entries

Re: Cowboys release LT F. Adams. Ravens Gaither as replacement ??

There's been rumors about Dallas for awhile, but I would think they'd want to have Gaither in hand before cutting Flozell. Now, we'd know they are a little more desperate, so we might try to squeeze more ou of them.

But who knows. Maybe. Would be nice if we could pry their 1st round pick from them.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

3. Re: Cowboys release LT F. Adams. Ravens Gaither as replacement ??

Coincidentally, baltimoreravens.com has put up a story about Oniel Cousins having the ability to be a starter at RT:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...n_Waiting.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    Coincidentally, baltimoreravens.com has put up a story about Oniel Cousins having the ability to be a starter at RT:

Oh god no! lol

I guess with the 1st rd tender Dallas will just offer him a huge deal that Oz wont match and we will have their first rounder....

Blog Entries

Well, they could opt to offer their 2nd round pick and maybe a 3rd or 4th. I've got to think we'd be willing to take that or at least play ball with that. And that'd probably be better to them than giving away that 1st rounder.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

7. Re: Cowboys release LT F. Adams. Ravens Gaither as replacement ??

Cousins + McCourty + Odrick >? Gaither + McCourty

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Well, they could opt to offer their 2nd round pick and maybe a 3rd or 4th. I've got to think we'd be willing to take that or at least play ball with that. And that'd probably be better to them than giving away that 1st rounder.
    I think i'd have to seriously look at the 2 and 3, then sign Sign Flozell to play RT lol! Has anybody seen him play lately, has he slowed down to the point he couldnt handle the right side?

Because Cousins was so bad when he got chances last year its hard to say thats great even if your getting 2 guys that can start down the road.

The Horror!

Not all that surprised about Dallas getting rid of Flozell Adams. He seemed to have a lot of problems last year, not the least of which were penalties. As for whether Jerry Jones will go after Gaither ...well, can't say I'd be shocked.

NO... Not even close this year, and not likely in the future.