Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thumbs down Re: Restructuring...Jamal??

Quote Originally Posted by ravcol View Post
    Why are the Ravens being "loyal" to a player that publicly quit on them last year, and who also had the greatest three-year falloff of any RB in NFL history?
    Because they lack depth at RB, and can use his diminished skills.

Oh, that's right, the same reason they are loyal to Ray Lewis who backstabbed his team and head coach,
    And calls out the plays for the defense, and is one of the greatest in the history of the game to play his position. And is the face of the franchise, and could not have done more as a 'team player' during this past season.

and CMAC, who is simply an idiot.
    Possibly the second best cornerback in the NFL.

And they cut loose AD?
    They're not cutting him loose. It's called free agency.

Nice cap planning there.
    Agreed. The team seems stable, and at many positions young, going into the future.

Next thing is we will be keeping a done Flynn and Mulatalo to keep Ogden happy. Sheesh.
    How much do we save by cutting them? Do they not add depth? Are you sure they will be here?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: Restructuring...Jamal??

Nice Job Festivus !!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    Nice Job Festivus !!
    :toast:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I second…

Err…

I mean third that. Nicely done Festivus.

Looks like someone from the scout forum found a link to the forbidden city....

Seinfeld fans??
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    Nice Job Festivus !!

I agree!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Ravcol responds: Glad everyone agrees...but..

Because they lack depth at RB, and can use Jamal's diminished skills.

By all means lets sign a guy with 'diminished skills'. Not many of them around..

And Ray Lewis calls out the plays for the defense, and is one of the greatest in the history of the game to play his position. And is the face of the franchise, and could not have done more as a 'team player' during this past season.

The Ravens defense improved immeasureably when Bart Scott took over
    for an injured Ray Lewis in 2005. He is much cheaper and a quality guy. $3M in savings.

Possibly the second best cornerback in the NFL. (CMAC)

He's certainly the best when it comes to getting penalized. Is he worth that $8M cap figure? And what does that have to do with him being an idiot?

They're not cutting (AD) loose. It's called free agency.

They seemed to be able to re-sign Ogden, Lewis, Heap, Reed and McAlister. Now they won't sign a guy who is better than all of them and plays five positions to boot. (talk about cap savings)

[I]How much do we save on Mulitalo and Flynn by cutting them? Do they not add depth? Are you sure they will be here?[/I]

Savings is about $4M..as for depth, Billick did a great job with his depth at RB. A premier 1000 yard rusher had 37 total carries when your number one sucked all year.

By all means lets sign a guy with 'diminished skills'. Not many of them around..
    Ok. . . Who do you want to upgrade with, how much will you spend? I don't need Jamal back, but I have no problem resigning him at a salary commensurate with his skills. Do you?

And Ray Lewis calls out the plays for the defense, and is one of the greatest in the history of the game to play his position. And is the face of the franchise, and could not have done more as a 'team player' during this past season.

for an injured Ray Lewis in 2005. He is much cheaper and a quality guy. $3M in savings.
    "Immeasurably"? Is that a number? Because statistically I am 100% certain our defense was markedly superior this year when Ray Lewis was in, compared to when he was out. Hopefully someone here who knows how to track that information down can come up with the magic number, but it's just a fact.

He's certainly the best when it comes to getting penalized. Is he worth that $8M cap figure? And what does that have to do with him being an idiot?
    Nothing. He was not heavily penalized and had a career year this year, along with (finally) having a year staying out of the headlines.

They seemed to be able to re-sign Ogden, Lewis, Heap, Reed and McAlister. Now they won't sign a guy who is better than all of them and plays five positions to boot. (talk about cap savings)
    You are saying AD is better then Ed Reed, and better then Ray Lewis, and better then Chris McAlister, and better then Jonathan Ogden. In order of likelihood of making the HOF, I would say, (1) Lewis, (2) Ogden - both locks - (3) Reed, (4) McAlister - ranked closely - and AD does not make the list. No disrespect, he's good, but you have got to be kidding me. All four of those guys you mentioned are playing very well, and only one - Lewis - even *arguably* was not playing at the peak of his skills this past year.

Now I am beginning to understand that it is not Chris McAlister who is acting like an idiot.

[I]How much do we save on Mulitalo and Flynn by cutting them? Do they not add depth? Are you sure they will be here?[/I]

Savings is about $4M..
    Great. Then we need two more interior linemen. Perhaps they will be free?

as for depth, Billick did a great job with his depth at RB. A premier 1000 yard rusher had 37 total carries when your number one sucked all year.
    Actually Fassel mixed it up pretty well, using a 3 RB system. It wasn't until Billick went to a *one* RB system, featuring a RB who "sucked all year," that our offense finally got better.

I feel like I am having an argument with someone who is stuck in the '06 off season. :brickwall:
    Festivus

Ravcol responds: Glad everyone agrees...but..

Savings is about $4M..as for depth, Billick did a great job with his depth at RB. A premier 1000 yard rusher had 37 total carries when your number one sucked all year.
    May I be the first to say... This is not fantasy football. We can't just sign who we want for what we want.
    There are 4 ufa running backs available this year, Jamal ranking # 1 on that list. Let's cut Cmac, and sign Who?
    Ogden, Lewis, Heap, Reed, and CMac were re-signed when they were much younger, with more serviceable years left!
    Defense ranked 5th or 6th in 2005, 1st in 2006... how does that make the defense better w/ Scott than Ray-Ray.
    C'mon man, say something that makes sense, because none of this did!!!!
    Last edited by Rochardrik; 02-26-2007 at 02:51 PM.

He was not heavily penalized and had a career year this year, along with (finally) having a year staying out of the headlines.

One game he actually drew a flag from all 3 food groups--pass interference, illegal use of hands, and holding. He did cut down on the personal foul calls though, and averaged only one simultaneous chinstrap unbuckling per game..

You are saying AD is better then Ed Reed, and better then Ray Lewis, and better then Chris McAlister, and better then Jonathan Ogden. In order of likelihood of making the HOF, I would say, (1) Lewis, (2) Ogden - both locks - (3) Reed, (4) McAlister - ranked closely - and AD does not make the list. No disrespect, he's good, but you have got to be kidding me. All four of those guys you mentioned are playing very well, and only one - Lewis - even *arguably* was not playing at the peak of his skills this past year.

AD has been the best player on this team the past three years, with Ogden a close second. AD is better than Reed, Lewis and CMAC. He made All-Pro and plays five positions. Not talking who belongs in the HOF, I care about this year and the next five. Reed is one dimensional and uncoachable, Lewis is on his last legs and JO is as well. CMAC is, well, on a different planet.

Now I am beginning to understand that it is not Chris McAlister who is acting like an idiot.[/I][/B]

Waddaya mean acting...nobody's perfect...

AD has been the best player on this team the past three years, with Ogden a close second. AD is better than Reed, Lewis and CMAC. He made All-Pro and plays five positions. Not talking who belongs in the HOF, I care about this year and the next five.
    Setting aside your completely inaccurate evaluation of these players relative to each other. . .

Don't misunderstand me. AD is very good as a LB/DE. That's what he plays, though he occasionally lined up elsewhere.

AD is *so* good, he deserves to get paid. He has done great for us in the years he's been here, so good he has blossomed into a player who deserves a big payday. Because of the timing, and because he plays a position at which we are relatively deep, he is going to cash in elsewhere, to get what he deserves.

It is not a poor reflection on the Ravens, on the contrary, I am pleased to see the Ravens could (a) find and (b) develop a 'diamond in the rough' like that.

Where you see a failure by the front office, I see another signal of their success at finding, signing, and developing talent.

How much do you want to sacrifice to keep one man?
    Festivus

I would respond but Festivus is doing so well at saying what I would… but better – all by himself.

I’ll just watch in the wings. Get is… Ravens… wings… OK I’ll stop now. :p