Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Restructuring...Jamal??

festivus, you're doing a great job schooling this guy but on CMac I have to disagree:

The 10 most penalised NFL players in yardage

McAlister, Chris Bal 122
    Hobbs, Ellis NE 117
    Rolle, Antrel Arz 107
    Allen, Will D. Mia 101
    Taylor, Sean Was 99
    Incognito, Richie StL 95
    Whitfield, Bob NYG 90
    Trueblood, Jeremy TB 85
    Wells, Reggie Arz 85
    Tillman, Charles Chi 83

Those are the stats, as per usual CMac was heavily penalised this year and was not close to the 2nd best corner in the league this year I'd take the following above CMac without much question:

Bailey, Asomogha, Clements, Newman, Dunta Robinson, Asante Samuel.

That's not to say CMac isn't an upper tier corner in this league but he's not close to his very best in my opinion. He appears to have lost his top end speed that these guys all still have. At his best he was as good as Bailey and his run support is as good as there is in the NFL, but his top end speed and his closing speed removed him from the elite tier this season and the season before for my money.

NOTE: PacMan Jones would be in that group as well if he wasn't a complete idiot.

Your list could be skewed, if Mcalister got a 65 or 70 yard PI penalty then that could account for most of it.

I think for you to say he isn't one of the elite is blasphemy

UK, normally your word is gold but I stand by my comment. Perhaps it's debatable but I saw a lot of those guys play this year and I'd take CMac over pretty much anyone but Champ Bailey.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    UK, normally your word is gold but I stand by my comment. Perhaps it's debatable but I saw a lot of those guys play this year and I'd take CMac over pretty much anyone but Champ Bailey.
    That's fair enough and I can see the point of view but I just think that once you're up to a certain age your closing speed and deep speed goes and with the modern NFL I think the ability to run with anyone is vital and I think those guys edge it over CMac, they aren't gonna support the run or get in the WRs head like CMac might, but they can run with guys better than CMac IMO and with the bias to the WR at the moment I think that's more important right now.

Of those I listed, Bailey and Asomogha I'd definately, absolutely take over CMac this year. The others would be a toss up with me leaning towards all bar Clements, over CMac due to superior speed. With hindsight Clements wasn't that great this year, but he will apparently be the subject of a bidding war between the Redskins and the Giants this off-season.

I didn't mean to be short before, I was rushing.
    1. CMac plays physical in his support of the run.
    2. CMac, more then ever in his career, appears always to be in the right place at the right time.
    3. Opposing qb's/oc's appear to avoid challenging him.
    4. CMac has stopped acting like an idiot, notwithstanding ravcol's assertion to the contrary.

Really, I think 3 says it all. If I'm wrong about that, let me know. Champ Bailey ain't no spring chicken either, I don't think.

Whatcha gonna do with your .sig, UK? :)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I didn't mean to be short before, I was rushing.
    1. CMac plays physical in his support of the run.
    2. CMac, more then ever in his career, appears always to be in the right place at the right time.
    3. Opposing qb's/oc's appear to avoid challenging him.
    4. CMac has stopped acting like an idiot, notwithstanding ravcol's assertion to the contrary.

Really, I think 3 says it all. If I'm wrong about that, let me know. Champ Bailey ain't no spring chicken either, I don't think.

Whatcha gonna do with your .sig, UK? :)
    1. Totally agree, with Baxter's knees arsed and possibly never playing again (very sad about this) he's the best run support corner in the league along with Bailey and Ronde Barber for my money.
    2. Most of the time, yes I agree but when he's not he's not got the ability to recover anymore IMO.
    3. Very true though it's slightly augmented by playing opposite Rolle this year.
    4. Totally agree, that stopped to my mind when Sanders signed for his second year I think. Turned up for the interview and has behaved like a teammate ever since.

Signature - No idea, I didn't make the sig, someone over at YBR made it for me, might keep it unless I can find someone to make a new one for me, he may have played his last as a Raven but he's still a legend. If I get it changed I'd look for something with Matt Stover in it.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    Signature - No idea, I didn't make the sig, someone over at YBR made it for me, might keep it unless I can find someone to make a new one for me, he may have played his last as a Raven but he's still a legend. If I get it changed I'd look for something with Matt Stover in it.
    Hell, keep it. I have Jermaine Lewis in my avatar. :toast:
    Festivus