Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sun: Thomas will NOT be tagged

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...home-headlines

OK, argue away. I say it makes financial sense. And who knows, there is still a remote chance we could resign him.

Re: Sun: Thomas will NOT be tagged

Well, we may as well wave bye-bye to AD. Some team will make him an offer that we won't match. Too bad.

It's a business decision. Cutting Jamal and maybe some other restructures might give us room to re-sign him. He won't be cheap and I agree that someone else like SF or NE will give him a contract we can't touch.

Like anything else someone else will need to step up.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Unfortunately we are too flush against the cap to franchise. And I think once we see the type of money AD gets as a FA the fans will realize why we couldn't keep him.

I think AD is gone from the Ravens. Perhaps Jarret Johnson can fill the void providing the Ravens re-sign him?
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

AD Thomas is as good as gone now. The Ravens didn't have enough money under the cap to even put the Tag on him. When he can start talking to other teams March 2nd many will go after him. New England has a lot of money under their cap he may end up right there.

I just think the Ravens don't want to screw him over by tagging him. He's been nothing short of a class act his whole tenure in Baltimore. If he can get a 15-16 million signing bonus elsewhere the Ravens should let him! He'll be 30 before next season and any play could be his last (even in practice - see LeCharles Bentley). This is his last chance at the big money and if someone's willing to give it to him they should let them! If not, and we're talking 10-12 million, maybe he'll stay. I think that's what the Ravens are hoping for. They want to keep him, but not to the point of screwing him. He's just been an exemplary team mate and Raven to this point and to tag him would not send the right message to his teammates.
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

As a fan, I hope AD stays and retire a Raven, but my brain tells me that he won't be back. If they want to offer AD 15 million/year, then why can't the Ravens offer him that money. On the other hand, I think he'll end up in either San Francisco or New England. Good Luck AD! We will miss you!
    FOOTBALL IS BACK!! YOUR 2010 BALTIMORE RAVENS! SUPER BOWL OR BUST

I think you said it best right here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshon View Post
    Good Luck AD! We will miss you!
    It would be nice to have him finish and retire as a Raven, but i severely doubt it. :(

I hope he goes to SF, that way we wont have to worry about him much, and I can root for him with a clear conscience.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

As the token California guy (not sure how many more of us Californian folk there are here yet) I would rather seem him on one of the other Ca teams. I don’t like the 9ers and I would have to like them a little if he played there. ;)

But I do see your point, I’d hate for him to go to a divisional team of someone we had to play often.

Great move for the Ravens! It's about fricking time we spread out our cap $ more equally on offense V defense. I will miss all the playoff wins AD brought us! What? We didn't win any? Judging by the whining and moaning I'd have thought we just lost the main piece of our dynasty!!!! And forget about NE. They never get involved in bidding wars. Look for SF,GB, and the NYJ.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.