Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Sun: Thomas will NOT be tagged

The Ravens cannot afford AD unless his market value is far less than expected. We have too many high priced players already signed and the pie is dried up. You can't keep everybody.

We all hate to see AD go but it was the right decision. He's going to get big $$$ as a FA and we won't be able to match that. Suggs is a FA next year and younger and we will go thru this again. We should get a decent draft pick for compensation when AD signs with someone else.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Good point, with the contract AD may garner, that's bound to be a fairly high compensatory pick, most likely a 3rd rounder.

...and go 49ers, Lions, and Packers. I want no part of AD in New England, Cleveland, or any other AFC team.

ProFootballTalk.com now reports that there is a deal in place, unofficially of course, between AD and the 49ers.
    Last edited by Dont Know; 02-26-2007 at 08:36 PM. Reason: clarification on the potential tampering

Uh...wouldn't that be tampering since free agency doesn't begin until March 2?

I have to check, but I'm fairly certain it would be as Thomas isn't officially a free agency until that date.

I know the Redskins are borderline with lots of it in the past ~ ie Rabach signs within 2 hours of free agency? just silly.