Do yourself a favor....

and check out these guys on YouTube-WR Danario Alexander, Mizzou, DE Tyson Alualu, Cal., and CB Perrish Cox, Okla. St. I sure hope Ozzie's been watching them.

Blog Entries

Re: Do yourself a favor....

i think we can rest assured that Ozzie and the scouting department has done due diligence on EVERY prospect in the draft...

Just because a player has nice highlight videos on youtube does not make them a great fit for the Ravens. I'm not saying these players aren't good, but there's a lot more than college success that plays into the decision to draft players.

Danario Alexander has a nice highlight reel vs Navy, but I was kind've shocked to see...of the 5 or 6 catches they played, all except one were screen passes. Looking at his draftcountdown profile, he's rated as the 15th best WR. Might be nice value if we can get a 3rd round pick, but I guess I'd need to see more of his down field catching ability. Keep in mind, he's torn his ACL in his left knee twice already.

Tyson Alualu has a huge fan on this board, so I've seen some of his highlight vids already. There's some concerns about how he'd do as a DE in the NFL, seeing as his most effective plays came when he was lined up a few yards off LOS. Looking at his profile, it is also mentioned he doesn't have many moves as a pass rusher, might not have ideal size. Seems like another OLB/DE project. Could be nice, but I also think we need to decide are we moving to 4-3 or sticking with 3-4?
    Last edited by RavenScallywag; 04-01-2010 at 07:35 AM.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!