Thread: OT: NFL News

OT: NFL News

Browns | Winslow Jr. injury update
    Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:09:10 -0800

Patrick McManamon, of the Akron Beacon Journal, reports Cleveland Browns TE Kellen Winslow Jr. (knee) is still on crutches after having offseason knee surgery and should be ready to return sometime in June or July, according to general manager Phil Savage.
    Lions | Bly probably not returning for 2007 season
    Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:29:48 -0800

Updating a previous item, Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports Detroit Lions CB Dre' Bly will likely not return to the team for the 2007 season. Bly has already received permission to seek a trade. When asked if that meant Bly would not return next season, head coach Rod Marinelli said, "Probably."
    Packers | Robinson sentenced to 90 days in jail
    Tue, 20 Feb 2007 16:56:29 -0800

The Associated Press reports Green Bay Packers WR Koren Robinson will have to serve 90 days in jail for fleeing from police last year.
    Chargers | Phillips extended for six years
    Tue, 20 Feb 2007 15:36:57 -0800

Updating a previous report, the San Diego Chargers announced LB Shaun Phillips has signed a six-year contract extension that will keep him with the team through the 2012 season. The signing eliminates Phillip's opportunity of becoming a restricted free agent March 2.
    Browns | Bentley may need additional surgery
    Tue, 20 Feb 2007 13:46:14 -0800

The Associated Press reports Cleveland Browns C LeCharles Bentley (knee) will likely undergo additional surgery on his injured knee that will rule him out for next season and possibly his career.
    http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1

Dre Bly might be an interesting signing for depth. I believe that he can also return punts if Sams doesnt come back. Detroit is a graveyard for players, look at Garcia, he left and led Philly to the playoffs.

The Clowns cannot catch a break. Winslow is having yet another surgery,and Bentley's carreer is at stake??? Man oh man. Winslow has all the talent to be a great TE in this league, but the guy just cant stay healthy. I know that he should be back for next year but knee surgery's and broken legs arent good for the longevity of ones career.

Koren Robinson. 90 days in jail. Im so glad thats not us. From now on no more criminals!!

With Shaun Phillips extended you can forget about any kind of tag and trade deal AD for Turner.

I know most of this is not Ravens related and all of it is straight outta KFFL, but FA doesnt start until next week and theres really nothing going on. So deal with it.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Re: OT: NFL News

LeCharles Bentley I really couldn't feel more sorry for the guy. Gets the chance to go play for the team he grew up watching and is just a massive fan of them and was so excited to play for them. Wrecks his knee in his first practice and may never get the chance to play for them, so harsh and really feel for the guy.

As for Bly, someone will be after him as a #1/#2 and will pay over the odds for him, he's not tremendously reliable but he is a playmaker and someone will doubtless overpay for that.

I just re-read the blurb and I missed the fact that the Lions are trying to trade him.

Im not into trades this offseason unless it involves AD and more draft picks.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Mike Preston has a blog up saying despite "rampant speculation" the Ravens have not yet Franchised AD. Where is that rampant speculation coming from? Have there been reports today that we franchised him?
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Dre Bly might be an interesting signing for depth. I believe that he can also return punts if Sams doesnt come back. Detroit is a graveyard for players, look at Garcia, he left and led Philly to the playoffs.
    Dre Bly is going to be some teams #1 CB. He's one of the better CB's in the NFL.

Trade AD for Bly?....

edit: FYI that is a joke, we don't need another overpaid old corner
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 02-21-2007 at 11:29 PM.

I would have a moral objection to that ExiledRaven.

-Mark Clayton

I think the franchise deadline is today, so if they're going to do it, they better make up their minds. But I still don't see it happening.

Ditto on Bentley, and the Browns in general. I'm glad that they remain in the AFC North cellar, but they've had some awful luck. Their fans don't really have much to build hope around. And now they're going to draft Adrian Peterson, and he's going to turn into Ki-Jana Carter, and once again they'll be looking at a long rebuilding process.

You missed the biggest story going right now, the Pacman Jones nightclub situation. Telling your crew to smoke someone and having him wind up paralyzed after one of said crew shoots him is an awful big deal.

Check this out:

Titans | More details on possible incident involving Jones
    Wed, 21 Feb 2007 20:25:38 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Tennessee Titans CB Adam Jones might have been involved in a nightclub brawl in Las Vegas that turned into a triple shooting. Police have been told Jones bit the ankle of one of the two bouncers who was shot. Police took DNA evidence that could implicate Jones. The bouncer also had Jones in an armlock on stage and was seen by at least a dozen witnesses. Jones claims he has done nothing wrong and has cooperated with authorities about the incident.
    Wow. And people still say that the Ravens are team thug.
    Last edited by bassgtrst; 02-22-2007 at 04:09 PM.
    -Mark Clayton