1. Ending the "BPA" Semantics Saga

Here is a single quote from John Harbaugh that sums up Ozzie's "Best Player Available" draft strategy:

“If the players in the clump are there and the position of need is there, we’re going to take the position of need,” Harbaugh said. “If not, we’re going to take the best player.”
    This sums up the strategy, and includes an explanation on the "relative" BPA phrasing that has been tossed around on here.

End of argument, please.

Blog Entries

Re: Ending the "BPA" Semantics Saga

That sums it up perfectly.

We had a long thread close to a year ago that brought me to that conclusion.

I can see only 2 scenarios where there is no "clump"

1- we have the 5 - 6 spot in the draft, which I hope never happens unless we've gotten it in a trade from another. Usually there are about that many elite talents, and even then we could trade as we did in the Flacco maneuvering.

2- someone has taken an unexpected fall, like Oher last year, and they are in effect a clump-eliminator.

Outside of those points, we take team value into strong consideration.

New term to consider Clump-buster
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    Here is a single quote from John Harbaugh that sums up Ozzie's "Best Player Available" draft strategy:

This sums up the strategy, and includes an explanation on the "relative" BPA phrasing that has been tossed around on here.

End of argument, please.
    Thank you sir

What fun is ending the argument in the OP? ;)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

The funniest part was that people tried to say this wasn't the case.

It's always been that way.

PP