Bisciotti on character

Our owner has hit the nail right on the head as far as player character, off-field issues and second chances goes. This is all you need to say to the idiots who scream for Michael Vick to get a second chance because it was "only dogs" while Stallworth "killed somebody". When asked if he had any hesitation in signing Stallworth:

No. None whatsoever. I think I've said it a couple of times in press conferences that I think mistakes are different than consistent signs of poor character. If it's repeated over and over, then I think character is in question. Most times when something like this happens and somebody is given a second chance, they take full advantage of it. The people that Ozzie and Eric talk to in making that decision, they were 100 percent comfortable with that decision by the time I was brought into the equation.

Re: Bisciotti on character

Exactly. And Stallworth did everything he could to apologize and try to make it up to the family of the victim.

I don't have any problems as far as Stallworth's character, it was an accident, plain and simple. The unfortunate part was that he took someone's life in his decision to drink and drive.

On the flip side, Vick did what he did over and over again. I doubt he was sorry, and if he was, it was because he was caught. Because he obviously didn't feel bad about doing it again and again until he got charged.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

plus, Vick's attitude on coming back was "oh, look how much I've been through. Look how much COURAGE i've needed"

Stallworth is just apologetic and wants to redeem his life.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

4. Re: Bisciotti on character

Glad that the ownership/FA has a good approach to this topic.

In other news, the Arizona Cardinals sign Joey Porter to a three-year deal and a little bit over a week later he's getting arrested on suspicion of DUI, assaulting an officer, and resisting arrest. :grbac:

Joey Porter has always been a scumbag.

THEY SHOT ME IN DENVER!!