Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Billick's extension

Re: Billick's extension

Good for him.

I know a lot of people complain about Billick, but I like him. I feel that he give's us the best chance of being competitive every year.

Congrats Brian, and thanks for a great year.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Thumbs up Re: Billick's extension

In eight seasons:

1 Super Bowl
    4 playoff appearances
    7 seasons in contention

8-8
    16-4
    11-7
    7-9
    10-7
    9-7
    6-10
    13-4
    80-56

Except for Bellichik, there's no other NFL coach performing better.

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Agree with the above posts. Billick really energized this franchise -- there's a reason he has kept his job this long. Too many fans take him for granted.

Wasn't it the Sun that originally reported his extension was for only one year? Nice reporting.

Outstanding. As I said a month ago, I'd hoped so.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Wasn't it the Sun that originally reported his extension was for only one year? Nice reporting.
    As much as I despise our daily rag, for reasons sports-related and otherwise, Aaron Wilson did take up for them on this point.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Best news I've heard in a while. There is no one out there that I would want coaching the Ravens.

not even jeff fisher?

Happy with this, I'm in no position of power but I took this year as a 'prove yourself' year for Billick, I felt he was losing the locker room and even an 8-8 year I thought would see him gone. But boy, he turned up and he stood up to be counted, truly top notch year from the Ravens and a clear cohesiveness returned to the team this year and the veteran leadership was evident again.

The whole playoff thing was a farce on pretty much every front barring the D.

We showed enough improvement in key areas this year that I'm happy with Billick taking this team forward and I'm happy with the continuity. I think I'm in a pretty unique situation that I've been following American Football seriously for five or six years and college football for three years now and neither of my teams has experienced the change and flux of a new HC, I can honestly say that I don't think I'm worse off for this either.

Since 1969:

Steelers: 3 Head Coaches 5 Super Bowls
    Lions: 11 Head Coaches 0 Super Bowls
    Cards: 14 Head Coaches 0 Super Bowls

Consistency is the key here folks.
    Last edited by bassgtrst; 02-21-2007 at 06:21 PM.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drkraven View Post
    Best news I've heard in a while. There is no one out there that I would want coaching the Ravens.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

I know some people won't agree with this but I really lkie Brian and think he's a great coach for our team.