Anquan Boldin contract details

ANQUAN BOLDIN’S CONRACT DETAILS: Media reports indicate that WR Anquan Boldin’s new 4-year contract has a total value of $28M, with $25M of that being “new” money. NFLPA records indicate that Boldin’s base salaries total $24M (2010: $2M; 2011-2013: $6M each year). Based on those numbers, it would appear that Boldin will receive $8M in bonus money. Given the relatively modest amount of bonus money, it’s likely that all of that bonus money was paid as a Signing Bonus in 2010.

More here

boldin2 535.jpg
    Last edited by TL24x7; 03-10-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Re: Anquan Boldin contract details

This to me looks like a great contract. He's getting good money, but he's not getting paid like an elite receiver. Given his risks:
    - injuries each season
    - crossing over age 30 with lots of wear-and-tear
    - moving to another team is typically bad for WRs
    it's good that we're getting this discounting into his price tag. He's one of the most productive receivers in the NFL (which I showed in my article), but isn't being paid Larry Fitzgerald money.

Gotta feel great about this whole deal. We got a guy that should be a really big upgrade for our offense, for very reasonable money considering the impact he could/should have.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Great Deal for us and gives him security, all the factor PSU named above lead to a bit of a discount. Im really not a numbers guy i look at players skill sets but i looked at his numbers last year, a year which was probably considered a down year and he had some injuries....he still had 84 catches for 1,024 yards! System or not that pretty impressive seeing the other good WR's they have in Arizona.

Everyone should like this deal even more when you consider that Cinncy just gave Antonio Bryant a 4-year, $28M deal (with an additional $1M in incentives on top of that).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Everyone should like this deal even more when you consider that Cinncy just gave Antonio Bryant a 4-year, $28M deal (with an additional $1M in incentives on top of that).
    I was just gonna say that, Crazy! lol....he has a tough time staying healthy so im happy its him they signed instead of T.O.

This deal for Boldin looks very good for the Ravens...especially in light of the fact that Cincy just signed oft-injured Antonia Bryant to basically the same deal. 4 years; 28 mill

Boldin is only 7 months older than Bryant and has over 200 catches and 14 TD's more than Bryant.

And I thought the Ravens could get Bryant as a relative bargain.

WOW!

Either I'm naive or Mike Brown is.

a_boldin.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Boldin is only 7 months older than Bryant and has over 200 catches and 14 TD's more than Bryant.

And I thought the Ravens could get Bryant as a relative bargain.

WOW!

a_boldin.jpg
    Mike Brown is cheap. He did not pay a penny more than he had to. The Bungles are not likley to get a good team discount on any top tier players just because they won the division once or twice in a decade.

What this deal does show is the huge difference in the deals between restricted and unrestricted guys. Boldin most likley would have got 8-9 M per year on the open market from someone.

Early UFA deals are almost always market setting. Look how much the Lions had to pay for Burleson. Even after all the pimping I did to try to get the Ravens to pursue Peppers, I was shocked at how much cash he was guaranteed. It is amazing what can happen to a player's salary when more than one team can put an offer on the table.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we all know the answer to this already...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid