Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Troy Smith Wants to be a Bownie

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    His agent is a complete moron for airing this stuff out publically.

Even though Troy may feel a certain way, you don't go out and first, make a trade request during the middle of a playoff run, and then in the offseason, make your client out to be pathetically desperate to play for a division rival.

Troy needs to fire his agent and then get the hell out of Baltimore.
    Ralph Cindrich has represented and represents a bunch of different NFL players.

Have you ever heard him pull this stuff with any of them?

The agent ultimately answers to the client. Troy Smith has shown since day 1 that he has a much higher opinion of himself than anyone else does.

Sorry, but there's no way I believe Cindrich is behind this garbage. IMO he's doing what his client is instructing him to do.

PP

Wink Re: Troy Smith Wants to be a Bownie

When is passing camp? I would expect the Ravens to want to try out Todd Collins, or Derek Anderson, or TBD. If either player is successful, don't be surprised to see the Ravens merely hand Smith his walking papers, foregoing trying to hang on to try to snag a 6th or 7th rounder in a trade, just to get rid of the bad apple. No other GM appears willing to bite on a 5th, just like 3 years ago.

btw: If I knew how to use "search" functions, I'd pull out the threads made shortly after Smith was drafted and then even after Flacco was drafted, where some predicted that Smith would take the starter's job and others predicted that he'd never earn an NFL starter's job and would ultimately be headed to the CFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    His agent is a complete moron for airing this stuff out publically.

Even though Troy may feel a certain way, you don't go out and first, make a trade request during the middle of a playoff run, and then in the offseason, make your client out to be pathetically desperate to play for a division rival.

Troy needs to fire his agent and then get the hell out of Baltimore.
    I'm pretty sure that the agent is merely following Troy's instructions.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Jettison Smith for anything you get.
    At this point I don't think we'd get anything for him. It's cut or stick.

What's his cap hit if we cut him? Can't be that much can it?

Let him go wave his Heisman around and see who picks him up.

I'd cut him now, tell him good luck with Cleveland and hope he finds his heart somewhere in the street there while he's unemployed.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    What's his cap hit if we cut him? Can't be that much can it?

Let him go wave his Heisman around and see who picks him up.

I'd cut him now, tell him good luck with Cleveland and hope he finds his heart somewhere in the street there while he's unemployed.
    No cap hit at all Stinger!

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    No cap hit at all Stinger!

PP
    Well then...........

Get the eff off my team Troy.

Blog Entries

I still wouldn't outright cut him yet. He's not really a distraction to anyone except the fans right now, he doesn't have a big contract...and he's worth more to us on this team than off...

We cut him loose now, a team like the Steelers could bring him in and just grill him about our offense. And unlike a scrub we cut during final roster cuts, Troy would actually know the nitty gritties of our offense...

If we hold onto him, we can try to trade him when another team has a starter go down and needs a good athletic backup. If no one does, THEN we cut him, when he's less liekly to get picked up for a "grilling of information"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I still wouldn't outright cut him yet. He's not really a distraction to anyone except the fans right now, he doesn't have a big contract...and he's worth more to us on this team than off...

We cut him loose now, a team like the Steelers could bring him in and just grill him about our offense. And unlike a scrub we cut during final roster cuts, Troy would actually know the nitty gritties of our offense...

If we hold onto him, we can try to trade him when another team has a starter go down and needs a good athletic backup. If no one does, THEN we cut him, when he's less liekly to get picked up for a "grilling of information"
    Meh.

This has been said for years.

I just don't buy it.

PP

Guys getting picked up for knowledge is only useful if you have a guy studying a playbook in training camp. One month off the Superbowl there's no value in picking up said guy...a whole new offense could easily be installed in the off-season.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Guys getting picked up for knowledge is only useful if you have a guy studying a playbook in training camp. One month off the Superbowl there's no value in picking up said guy...a whole new offense could easily be installed in the off-season.

- C -
    Yeah, if there were some value to having players around for their knowledge of the opponent's playbook, with all the ex-Ravens they've signed they'd know our playbook better than half our current roster would. If they do know our plays, it hasn't helped them any.