Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Troy Smith Wants to be a Bownie

Im so tired of this, Cleveland just give him a offer sheet so he can go home. We will take the 5th to package to move bk up in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    did any of those 'wild bird' plays EVER work? I just remember time outs, incomplete passes and runs for two yard gains.
    They worked against bad teams in 2008.

Get him out of here. Beck is a better back up anyway if we needed someone to start for a game or 2.

I have been a bit out of the loop with football since the season ended but why would the Browns want T. Smith? I mean, so, they then have Quinn, Anderson and Smith? All three have shown about a 10% upside and 90% downside after at least a couple years.

I would think they would go for someone more proven or cut the losses and start over again but to pick up another known quantity that has really never shown true NFL ability seems pretty dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I have been a bit out of the loop with football since the season ended but why would the Browns want T. Smith? I mean, so, they then have Quinn, Anderson and Smith? All three have shown about a 10% upside and 90% downside after at least a couple years.

I would think they would go for someone more proven or cut the losses and start over again but to pick up another known quantity that has really never shown true NFL ability seems pretty dumb.
    The most reasonable answer is that they don't have any interest.

Everything we hear about Troy originates from Troy.

Delusions of grandeur.

PP

Blog Entries

The Browns really have a thing for our trash, don't they? Let the dumpster-divers have him. It's like they've tried to build their team out of left over discarded parts -- like trying to build a brand new Porsche out of a few rusted scraps of metal left over from some old ones. :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post

Very good chance Derek Anderson is just a cut waiting to happen. And I've heard that the Browns new FO does NOT like Brady Quinn much. Which is funny because he was originally the Cleveland native everyone was clamoring for Cleveland to get...

Holmgren is actively looking for a QB to call his own. Troy could be interesting because I think Holmgren was interested in Seneca Wallace who I would say is very similar to Troy in skillset. But, I would think he would pursue Seneca before Troy.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    The most reasonable answer is that they don't have any interest.

Everything we hear about Troy originates from Troy.

Delusions of grandeur.
    I think it's funny that people here seem to generally think this, but think we might be able to get a 4th round pick for him.

I would let Cleveland have him for literally any pick in the draft they would give me. Troy Smith has almost no value. To us, or to anyone.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I think it's funny that people here seem to generally think this, but think we might be able to get a 4th round pick for him.

I would let Cleveland have him for literally any pick in the draft they would give me. Troy Smith has almost no value. To us, or to anyone.

- C -
    We could use that super duper late pick on a kicker, which could have infinitely more value then Troy.

- C -
    But ..... he knows our offense and our weaknesses, so I wouldn't want to give him a way to any team that we have to face twice a year. I would like something of value in return. I know it's the Browns, but I thought the same thing about the Bungles last year and they ended up beating us both times.

I'd be surprised if the Bowns even want him. I think this is more of Troy wanting to go to Cleveland than Cleveland wanting Troy.
    Boh

If he wants to go so bad let him. We could use that extra 5th to move up in the draft.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    We could use that super duper late pick on a kicker, which could have infinitely more value then Troy.
    We could use that super duper late pick on you or me and have more value than Troy...

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreBoh View Post
    But ..... he knows our offense and our weaknesses, so I wouldn't want to give him a way to any team that we have to face twice a year. I would like something of value in return. I know it's the Browns, but I thought the same thing about the Bungles last year and they ended up beating us both times.
    The Browns have a lot of our ex-players and play us twice every year. There's pretty much nothing Troy could give them that they don't already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    If he wants to go so bad let him. We could use that extra 5th to move up in the draft.
    If there's one draft you don't want to move up in, this is it. The talent pool is EXCEPTIONALLY deep this year. Maybe you move up to grab a guy that's taken a ridiculous fall. But if anything, we should probably be trying to acquire as many picks as possible in this draft. I'd love to see us move down from #25 into the early second round and pick up another 2nd or 3rd and a couple later picks. There are a ton of guys in this draft that look like they're gonna provide teams with great value, and with no absolutely glaring needs anymore, I'd love to grab as many picks as possible and just go BPA at every single one.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Wink Re: Troy Smith Wants to be a Bownie

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Very good chance Derek Anderson is just a cut waiting to happen.
    I would like to see an outright competition for the 2nd and 3rd QB spots between Anderson, Collins, and Beck. Hopefully, we'll have enough QB quality and depth in 2010 to allow Flacco to sit out a few games if he's beaten up as he was last December/January.

A 6th or 7th would be a plus, if Cleveland won't waste its 5th on him.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).