Looking over the roster from last year to this year I feel like we are already a much improved team Here is why.

New Players

Anquan Boldin
No surprise here, the bigest news in Baltimore since Natty Boh started being make elsewhere... Boldin is an immediate upgrade to our passing game. Even with Derrick Mason floating in the wind right now. Boldin is an upgrade at the current points in their careers to Mason, now if the team can re-sign Mason that is a night an day improvement over Clayton.

Donte Stallworth
We don't know what we are going to get out of this guy, he hasn't been consistant or very successful lately. However I still think he is an improvement over Clayton. Now if the stars allign in our favor this could be huge. With his recent suspension, apparent new found taking responsibility for his life and mistakes, and knowing this is his last chance to prove he can be productive in this league he could be a very pleasant surprise. Here's hoping. Even if that doesn't happen I think that just having him in the #2 slot (assuming Mason doesn't come back) will not allow teams to focus so much on Boldin b/c of Stallworth's big play speed.

Current Roster players that should improve

Paul Kruger
The team letting players like Bannan(I know Bannan is not an end) and Edwards shop the free agent market makes me wonder if the team has seen something good in Kruger. Has he put on muscle weight without sacrificing speed? He played relatively well in limited time ont he field last year near the end of the year. Yes he made some rookie mistakes but watching him you could see he wouldn't be outworked on the field. His physical tool set may be the weakness but I have seen hard working guys excel with the same issues. You only have to look at Kelley Gregg to see the same thing. Or McCrary if you want to compare more similar postions. I think Kruger contributes much more this year and makes some big plays

Dwan Landry
He has become enemy number 1 at the safety position for a lot of Baltimore fans. I disagree. Yes I will agree he played terribly the first part of last season. However he was great before he hurt his neck and I thought he played outstanding down the stretch last year. I only see him either continuing his strong play fromt he end of the year last year, or maybe even getting a little better with more time in Mattison's D and being a full year past the neck injury.

Ladarius Webb
Reports are that he is ahead of schedule on his rehab fromt he knee injury. If he is somehow ready for the start of the season this will be huge. He showed last year that he will be an outstanding corner in this league. Now a year past his rookie year and once he trusts his knee we will see big things from this kid. Now even if he is only available for the second half, this will be a big boost during the playoff push.

Fabian Washington
Just having him in linup is an improvement over Carr and Walker. Does anyone know how his knee is?

Danell Ellerbe
This guy started playing really well in a starting capacity at the end of the year. Another undrafted hit for Ozzie. He was very raw last year and may be still but he will improve with knowledge and experience starting this year.

Terell Suggs
Here's hoping Suggs will be motivated and show up to camp in shape this year after signing the big contract. I am not holding my breath. However he played much better at the end of the year and in the playoffs last year. I think just participating in camp this year will make him better than the beginning of last year.

Foxworth
Played much better at the end of last year. Forget about the first half with this guy last year. I think what we saw from him after the Minnesota game is what we will see from him going forward.

Antwan Barnes
Barnes showed some more pass rushing ability at the end of last year and I think the coaching staff was impressed. He got more and more playing time on passing downs at the end of last year. I think is out of the "Doghouse" and will be getting after the QB more this year.

Michael Oher
He was great last year and is only going to get better this year. That's all that needs to be said.

Marshall Yanda
What a force he was on the line at the end of last year and now he will be able to start the season without health concerns.

Finally
Joe Flacco
More playmakers at receiver, another year of experience. I think he will figure out the more complex defenses teams were showing him in the second half that held his performance down. And his ankle and other injuries should be gone coming into this season.

Possible Returning Players

Derrick Mason
How much of an improvement would Mason be over Clayton? Nice thought huh? Now forget about even that comparison and think about how much of an improvement Derrick Mason would be as a # 2 across from Boldin than a #1 Across from Clayton. Think Mason would no longer be double teamed, and would no longer be the sole focus of the opposing secondary. So if Mason comes back this improvement in the passing game will step up two levels.

Mason NEEDS to be re-signed.

Dwan Edwards
Edwards played very well at the End position after replacing Pryce. I think that improvement will continue and he could be a force on the line. Maybe not as good as Pryce a few years ago but maybe good enough to give Suggs more one on one matchups.