Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    I am pretty close to making this my exclusive board now too. Just too many people over there that really make you want to stop posting on message boards altogether. As far as I am concerned with the people that are signed up here now you could cut off automatic registration and go with an actual activation process. I think all the good posters are here now.

I'd like to add that I was just over on YBR, and you can already almost see the DRASTIC change in the posting there. It has already begun to slow down. Tony, you guys started something special here.

I may lurk on YBR for a little while, but I'm probably done posting over there. It looks like the good group has migrated over here, so what would be the point of joining those arguments? The tone of hostility got so bad I succumed to it myself from time to time, which is not my usual style. But the theme of nastiness and exchanges of insults can become contagious, which is why I so welcome this board.

There were other problematic issues too, of course, but why rehash that now. Let's celebrate this new chapter. Thumbs up, and thanks, Tony!

I will be exclusively at this board. I have officially retired Superboller1, and I have signed my contract to post here, exclusively, after a lengthy holdout while negotiating with Bert. :D Bert offered me a signing bonus of 50 cents and I held out for 51 cents. :D

It is funny that the articles I had to pay for at Scout are free here.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

I just had a thought. We all have about the same amount of posts. It is like growing on the farm system together. Could you imagine a poster saying to a new poster, "You only have 2 posts. Wait until you get 10 before you start popping off about what you know." LOL!

I'll post mostly on this board. I will check in and see what's going on at YBR every once in a while though. Hopefully none of the good posters get stuck over there.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG
    I am pretty close to making this my exclusive board now too. Just too many people over there that really make you want to stop posting on message boards altogether. As far as I am concerned with the people that are signed up here now you could cut off automatic registration and go with an actual activation process. I think all the good posters are here now.
    Agreed. I almost think we should implement an approval process like a country club. Someone brings up a poster for registration an the Mods decide if they are legit.

Unfortunately we would miss out on people who followed college players (like all those Oklahoma guys and the Oregon guy) who come and give us the inside scoop.

There has to be a happy median. Outside of those college guys, I think we pretty much got everybody though.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG
    I'd like to add that I was just over on YBR, and you can already almost see the DRASTIC change in the posting there. It has already begun to slow down. Tony, you guys started something special here.
    Its amazing how much slower it is and how all the post counts are low. I guess it was time for us to move on and let the next generation have YBR. When they're ready to move up to this board they should get the invite.

I agree that a harder approval process should now take place.

As for the college posters, who knows how far Tony will take his vision. Maybe he can get a partnership with National Champs website and that will allow for that crowd to post here around drafts, etc.

Bert offered me a signing bonus of 50 cents and I held out for 51 cents.
    Dude, it's guys like you that ruin the message board slotting system and make it easy for other drafted posters to hold out. It's doesn't matter how you posted at those YBR forums. You need to earn your keep in the 24x7 league. :D

Lookin good guys...I hope to continue chatting with you guys and leave the nonsense and start up the fun again.

I say we let the old place die a slow, lingering death. I wouldn't have a problem with a screening process starting right about.....now. I'd like to see the place grow, but we don't want standards to decline.

BTW...I really like the design that's being implemented. I woke up this morning, logged on, and was like...wow. Someone did a lot of work overnight. It's really looking great.
    THE 2nd WAVE LOYAL™
    © 2007 DRayRaven Enterprises™. All rights reserved, patent pending.
    The contents of this post may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the express written consent
    of DRayRaven, ProFootball 24x7, the Baltimore Ravens, the National Football League, or related entities.

I almost think we should implement an approval process like a country club.
    Or a fraternity. We can haze any newcomers (give wedgies to traffic cops on Pratt Street, steal panties from the Laundromat on Eastern Avenue, that kind of thing), film it, review the video and decide if the person is worthy.

While I think a screening process has its merits and that civilized conversation should not only be encouraged but enforced, I'd be wary of going over the top (see ColtsInsiders), where the place is run like a boot camp. Visiting fans add to the appeal of a board and it would be difficult to implement a consistent system of approval while still maintaining an air of openness and be welcoming.

I'd maybe suggest making new members aware that, should more than say 15 posters complain about them, they will be booted for the reason of being a tard, and there is no right of appeal.