Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Which MIA Ravens Make an Impact in 2016?

Every year there is a lot of excitement after a draft and then reality steps in. Certain guys who looked great on paper have not played well and some have barely played at all. Here are the candidates for the Ravens MIA squad:

Matt Elam
    Arthur Brown
    Breshad Perriman
    Michael Campanaro
    Brent Urban
    Lorenzo Taliaferro
    Terrence Brooks

Which ones, if any, will make an impact in 2016? Do any of these guys not make the team? Some we've been waiting for a lot longer than others but all of them were hyped up by the fans and team when they were drafted.

Re: Which MIA Ravens Make an Impact in 2016?

Perriman I will not comment on so as not to jinx his health.

I have pretty high hopes for Campanero. I think he can really make a mark in the offense. I'm not even going to give the caveat here. He's a good player, he should produce for us.

Urban is probably the safest bet to get playing time and make plays. But it's also an important year for him--we have a very sturdy rotation of young talent on the D-line, he will need to make an impact to secure his spot for 2017. Size and potential can only carry you so far.

I'm a little slower to completely cut Tali out of the RB picture than most posters, but still it sounds like he's facing an uphill battle to make the 53. I liked the way he ran in 2015, but he's probably a cut due to a fair amount of talent at the position.

I strongly think one of Elam or Brooks will need to step in at a safety spot for some amount of time this year. Webb and Weddle are older guys and while I hope they do the job and stay healthy, the safe money would be on us needing a 3rd guy to play meaningful snaps. Brooks probably has the inside track on that role, but he's not been a knockout yet either. Elam is a headcase--I had high hopes, but he'll need a serious preseason to make it.

Blog Entries

I think the obvious one would be Camp, if (big if) he stays healthy he's likely going to have a big year. He has shown he can make plays when he's healthy he just...hasn't been. Hopefully he stays healthy this year. Urban and Perriman should contribute but not sure it will be in a major way for either, just good solid contributions when called on.

The others I do not expect much from and in the case of Brown and Taliaferro I don't think they even make the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Here are the candidates for the Ravens MIA squad:

Matt Elam
    Arthur Brown
    Breshad Perriman
    Michael Campanaro
    Brent Urban
    Lorenzo Taliaferro
    Terrence Brooks

Which ones, if any, will make an impact in 2016?
    I don't think Campanaro or Urban will be MIA, and I think both will contribute early and often - especially Campanaro. I believe the same eventually for Perriman, but probably not in the first quarter of the season. I always had high hopes for Brooks and Brown but much like like Elam and Taliaferro, they might get pushed out by better talent.

Every year there is a lot of excitement after a draft and then reality steps in. Certain guys who looked great on paper have not played well and some have barely played at all. Here are the candidates for the Ravens MIA squad:

Matt Elam
    Arthur Brown
    Breshad Perriman
    Michael Campanaro
    Brent Urban
    Lorenzo Taliaferro
    Terrence Brooks

Which ones, if any, will make an impact in 2016? Do any of these guys not make the team? Some we've been waiting for a lot longer than others but all of them were hyped up by the fans and team when they were drafted.
    Some comes down to health. Camp, Urban and Tali have shown they can play in the NFL if they are healthy. We just haven't gotten a long enough look at any of them healthy. I think Tali may get cut. We'll only carry 3 RBs I think. West has looked very good from reports, they love Forsett's leadership, Allen and Dixon are early enough draft picks that I think they'd prefer either over a guy who may very likely get injured again (based on history).

Perriman no one knows what to expect, or when to expect it.

That leaves Elam, Brown, Brooks. Elam supposedly looked good in camp last year prior to the injury. We'll see, maybe things click for him. I haven't heard a word about him this year. Brooks, haven't heard a thing about either. That does not bode well for either.

Then there is Brown. There have been reports on him, and they all seem to point to running with the 3rd team. I just don't see it. I don't even think they could get anything for him in a trade to a LB needy team like Dallas. I see a cut in his future.

Blog Entries

Urban did come off IR (designated) and played well the last 6 games of the season ... we may tend to forget that because at that point the entire season was MIA, but Urban wasn't MIA at the end, he registered a sack and 6 tackles so looks like he will continue to progress.

I'm hoping we see something from CB Julian Wilson who broke his leg very early last year and was totally missing.
    Wilson broke his leg during a rookie minicamp and underwent surgery. He was one of the Ravens' most heavily recruited undrafted rookies, signing with the team over offers from the Seattle Seahawks, Kansas City Chiefs, Atlanta Falcons and Cleveland Browns. The deal with the Ravens includes a $9,000 signing bonus, according to a source.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...529-story.html

My gut says Terrence Brooks will begin to emerge .... because of Leslie Frazier .... I think Pees has probably ruined Elam

Campanaro if he can stay healthy is the lock for impact.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Health is always a factor. It doesn't matter how good you are if you are always hurt. A player who ends up on IR is still being paid, still counts towards the cap and still gets his service time. It's a losing situation for the team and there is only so long they can put up with it.

I couldn't pick. I don't really believe any of those listed will have n impact year. Now if you mention Peanut, Correa, Watson.....

I'm going to go with Brent Urban. As stated before, health is they key for all of the guys listed; however, Urban has the talent to make an impact as a rotational guy on the line.

Blog Entries

Matt Elam
    Arthur Brown
    Breshad Perriman
    Michael Campanaro
    Brent Urban
    Lorenzo Taliaferro
    Terrence Brooks

I'm going to say Camp based on practices thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Matt Elam
    Arthur Brown
    Breshad Perriman
    Michael Campanaro
    Brent Urban
    Lorenzo Taliaferro
    Terrence Brooks

It will be a miracle if 5 on that list a still on the team at the end of the year. Though 1 has been lighting it up at TC and the other having some good moments too. Campanaro has the best shot.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensintennessee View Post
    Perriman I will not comment on so as not to jinx his health.

I have pretty high hopes for Campanero. I think he can really make a mark in the offense. I'm not even going to give the caveat here. He's a good player, he should produce for us.

Urban is probably the safest bet to get playing time and make plays. But it's also an important year for him--we have a very sturdy rotation of young talent on the D-line, he will need to make an impact to secure his spot for 2017. Size and potential can only carry you so far.

I'm a little slower to completely cut Tali out of the RB picture than most posters, but still it sounds like he's facing an uphill battle to make the 53. I liked the way he ran in 2015, but he's probably a cut due to a fair amount of talent at the position.

I strongly think one of Elam or Brooks will need to step in at a safety spot for some amount of time this year. Webb and Weddle are older guys and while I hope they do the job and stay healthy, the safe money would be on us needing a 3rd guy to play meaningful snaps. Brooks probably has the inside track on that role, but he's not been a knockout yet either. Elam is a headcase--I had high hopes, but he'll need a serious preseason to make it.
    Agree with all of this.

The offense is going to roll with Campanaro - if we get 10 healthy games from him, I will be delighted.

Tali still has a small chance; if he is healthy, and two or three of the other RBs are nicked at the end of August, he can get in.

Regarding Elam and Brooks: I want to see what their accumulated experience plus the new mentors of Frazier and Weddle do for them. If Brooks can figure it out, he has the physical tools. I don't expect Elam to rise above backup status/ST.

Our medium term (2017-2018) outlook for the secondary is so dismal that it is imperative that Frazier get some quality out of his kids. As it is, we should be drafting DBs in two of the first three rounds for the next two years. But that is another thread.