Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 171819
    Blog Entries

Re: Welcome to all you pioneers, and pilgrims from across the web.

I came from the Sun boards too...well, kinda. I guess. I started first on Scout forums as RavenFanatic2k3 or something like that, then posted on both the Scout and Sun boards (where I was Bhcforlife), and ended up here. Always (not so) fondly remember the great Boller/Anthony Wright wars on the Scout board back in the 2004-2005 seasons. Hard to believe I've been trolling boards for 13+ years now. Started in high school and now I'm 30 lol. This is by far the best in every area of any board I've been apart of. Moderation is good, quality posts and content, garbage is quickly shown the door. Love this place.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Didn't get to know him too well in this board, since he bolted to NC shortly after he joined. However, having had the pleasure of sitting by him at the stadium for a few years: he is a hoot! Especially toward the late 3rd Q, when he'd "loosen up" a bit. Great guy. He sometimes would read our minds to bring back a couple of beers for us.

It was rather comical when someone posted a tailgating photo here which included Mrs. T, then Beau piped up that she's his seat buddy. Neither of us had any idea, until then, that I was Mr T and he was Beau Petard . Out of 71,000 fans in the stadium ... go figure!
    Thanks for sharing Mista T. Amazing how that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver John View Post
    The one I remember was Eyedawg. He was a fellow transplant to Colorado (him from OH, me from southern PA) who like the rest of the Clowns, would come and preach to us about how awful we were for supporting Modell and the Browns. Then I found out he was a fan of the Colorado Avalanche, a team that had been moved from a fanbase just as rabid as that of the Browns, from Quebec to Denver at about the same time as the Ravens came to Baltimore. So every time he tried to spout off about the move, I'd point out his hypocrisy or ask how the Avs were doing. He claimed to hate everything about us, but was there every week to post the Pick 'Em thread.

I also remember there were former Browns fans on the board who migrated with the team to become Ravens fans and supported Modell's reason for the move. It drove the Clownies crazy.
    I always thought RK (was it RK?) was a pompous $ss. When he'd get called on something, he'd disappear from the thread, never to return to it, but would turn up elsewhere arguing something else.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Re: 10 year anniversary of 24x7: Welcome to all you pioneers, and pilgrims from across the web.

Quote Originally Posted by tomrose9 View Post
    LOL now that's a tough one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know one that's not tough: You were glad to see what happened to England in Euro 2016.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I really miss Beau Petard. That guy was magic. He always found the best in everything. After reading posts I was always excited for the team and the future. Great poster and an all time classic name.
    I remember Beau being the oldest poster on the board. Is he still around?

And what ever happened to 'Ngata Nother Suggs', formerly known as 'Sign Suggs Now'?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Thanks for sharing Mista T. Amazing how that happens.
    Beau was/is a great guy; a true Gentleman. Hope he's still doing well.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

spoon is another great one who doesn't post here often. I've been playing in his fantasy football league for about 12 years now. He was a real innovator in IDP leagues which makes sense considering how Ravens fan love defense. spoon and Mindless Lemmings used to go back and forth here and now I get to read it on the league forums. It's nice to look back and remember those posters, good and bad, who made this such a memorable experience.

Good read and good reminiscing guys and gals. I came over from the Sun boards back in the day. I do not post as much as I used to, but here is where I come for good insight, opinions and the latest in good beer to drink!

I hope everyone has a great season!

spoon is another great one who doesn't post here often. I've been playing in his fantasy football league for about 12 years now. He was a real innovator in IDP leagues which makes sense considering how Ravens fan love defense. spoon and Mindless Lemmings used to go back and forth here and now I get to read it on the league forums. It's nice to look back and remember those posters, good and bad, who made this such a memorable experience.
    bbefb4c7b85e8a803dfdff2f206f41bee897dfc28cefca88bf86346e8b80b584.jpg
    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.