Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome to all you pioneers, and pilgrims from across the web.

Join Date 08-15-2006

Hard to believe it's been ten years already. Great job keeping this the best place to talk purple and black!

Holy cow! I've met so many awesome people who I consider true friends because of this board.

I was one of the early ones - Sept 2006.

Happy Anniversary Ravens 24x7/RSR!

Reading through this, it's sad in a way that so many good posters have gone and not returned.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Scroll through the names and someone tell me where have some of the other old board buddies gone?
    I am still here!

(the former) PeterB58

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If anything this shows how long it takes to build a great board. Most of the early adopters don't last long or have much of an impact. It takes time to make it work
    Agree to disagree! Most of the early members came over from Scout (and before that, AdminSteve's private boards called RavensInsider, RN -something, and RR-something). During the first few years here, it was more compact than today's verbal arena, but had many qualities, including familiarity, congeniality, and humor.

It has been a great board since it started.

---------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I am still here!

(the former) PeterB58
    Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about the board handle change. IIRC, you were one of the original pioneers who joined the revolt against the Sunpapers moderators by moving from the Sunspot Ravens Forum, onto the rest of the platforms run by Admin Steve (it was unplanned by Steve). For me and some of the remaining members of the "No Life" club, that goes back to the '99 season.

Anyone here at Sunspot for any of the '96 - '98 seasons? When did Gore invent the internet, anyway?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about the board handle change. IIRC, you were one of the original pioneers who joined the revolt against the Sunpapers moderators by moving from the Sunspot Ravens Forum, onto the rest of the platforms run by Admin Steve (it was unplanned by Steve). For me and some of the remaining members of the "No Life" club, that goes back to the '99 season.

Anyone here at Sunspot for any of the '96 - '98 seasons? When did Gore invent the internet, anyway?
    I don't remember being on Sunspot that much. For me, the first boards that I spent a lot of time on were the old Cleveland "Greedwatch" boards (set up by disgruntled Browns fans in the wake of the The Move). I think Baltimore Greg was a regular on those boards.

It may be difficult for people to understand given the "Factory of Sadness" mentality today, but back then, Browns fans were gloating about their situation. They had gotten EXACTLY what they wanted: New owner, new stadium and "their team, record and colors." There was really no bitterness. They reveled in the Ravens 16-31-1 record the first three years and boasted how the new Browns would make it to the playoffs and win Super Bowls before the Ravens ever had a winning season under Modell.

And then along came Billick....boy those days were fun.
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 07-27-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I don't remember being on Sunspot that much. For me, the first boards that I spend a lot of time on were the old Cleveland "Greedwatch" boards (set up by disgruntled Browns fans in the wake of the The Move). I think Baltimore Greg was a regular on those boards.

It may be difficult for people to understand given the "Factory of Sadness" mentality today, but back then, Browns fans were gloating about their situation. They had gotten EXACTLY what they wanted: New owner, new stadium and "their team, record and colors." There was really no bitterness. They reveled in the Ravens 16-31-1 record the first three years and boasted how the new Browns would make it to the playoffs and win Super Bowls before the Ravens ever had a winning season under Modell.

And then along came Billick....boy those days were fun.
    And the rest was history being made. But they still kept Modell from the HOF,. bastards.

Blog Entries

I came to Sunspot in '99. I was excited by Brian Billick being brought in. I always thought that Marchibroda was a PR move to try and tie the Ravens to the Colts to sell tickets. When they beat out Cleveland for Billick and then started signing lots of free agents it told me that Modell was serious about winning. I wanted to talk about that and left the multi-team board I was on that had just a handful of Ravens fans for the active Sunspot board. I'm not sure I even knew there were other active Ravens boards at the time.

Congrats to Russell Street Report. My Raven life line for sure. Wasn't on any Ravens board before 2007. It was 24/7 Ravens I believe back then. Always was into fantasy football, wanted to play with real ravens fans. Stumbled upon a Gem of Ravens, Fans ,news, reports, and boards of all Ravens. I was hooked from the start.
    I clearly wasn't tech savvy, but this was the best and still the Best Ravens site i read period. Of course my opinion and vibe. I love this place, learn alot and funny as hell. And views and talks are as genuine as i feel as a Die hard Ravens fan, that isn't just the Organization PR stunts. Been here since 07 , and I read alot if not all. Don't post much, by most times i read a thread, it has been said as i would.
    But i tell you , I honestly respect all of you posters. Smart and great people and Ravens Fans. A long thread you can learn damn near every thing about it. Some beautiful minds here and thank all for sharing. I couldn't live in Shitsburgh sanely without RSR and i thank yall for building such a great place to join. I'm a true Fanimal.
    I hope RSR keep building up and grateful for all the hard work they put in that goes unnoticed or under appreciated. Been a grind, wish this board another great, intelligent ,fun and good vibes for another 10 years and beyond. Congrats RavensBaby
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Re: 10 year anniversary of 24x7: Welcome to all you pioneers, and pilgrims from across the web.

I joined 5 years ago this month -- and still I fell like a rookie. The quality of posts and posters on this forum is awe inspiring. I used to take part in 5 forums: F1, Game of Thrones, Black Library, Cleveland Indians, etc. Now I focus only on this one. That says it all. Keep teaching me, guys!
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Re: 10 year anniversary of 24x7: Welcome to all you pioneers, and pilgrims from across the web.

Wow, makes me feel old. Still lurk from time to time but nowhere near as active as in the early days - think being out of the time zone (and three kids) may have impacted that.

Glad the :grbac: smiley was implemented so quickly though. Congrats on the 10 years Tony and Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Join Date 08-15-2006

Hard to believe it's been ten years already. Great job keeping this the best place to talk purple and black!

I joined the same day. Had to be live it's been 10 years. I guess the older you get the faster it goes.

I still come here almost every day. Although I don't post much (let's face it, you guys know a lot more about this stuff than I do), this is my go-to place for Ravens news.

Thanks to all!

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."