Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Report: Marlin Jackson visting Ravens

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...it-Ravens.html

I know he is young but he hasnt played much the past few years... anyone got some insight on him. I remember he was suppose to be a big deal

Re: Report: Marlin Jackson visting Ravens

I know he had an ACL problem.

Blog Entries

he tore his ACL twice. not many players have came back from multiple ACL injuries. only player i can think of that had a very good career is Jamal Lewis

This doesn't make sense.

Are we trying to set a record with the number of DB's coming off of ACL injuries?

I'd rather sign Lito Shepard...I know he probably isn't starting material anymore, but the guy isn't coming off a huge injury and is a proven vet that can still give you something.

And it would would potentially not force us to take a CB that early in the draft.

A lot of guys are coming back in 6-8 months from those like nothing ever happend now days.

They do not just sign guys off rep, he will get a medical exam and workout.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    A lot of guys are coming back in 6-8 months from those like nothing ever happend TWICE now days.

They do not just sign guys off rep, he will get a medical exam and workout.
    I fixed it for you. You accidentally left out that key factor.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Terry Allen also had a few good seasons after tearing both ACLs. I'm not a doctor but I wonder if some people just have "weak" ACLs. Once both are replaced it is no longer an issue? Both Terry Allen and Jamal were arguably better after the injuries.

It certainly doesn't hurt to bring him in. The Colts know how to evaluate talent but they also have some young talent at CB, are a small-market team, and need to sign Manning to the biggest contract in NFL history.

If signed this is another move in line with the Stallworth move, low risk, high reward, i think he'd be good in the nickel and flip back and play some safety. He's very physical and can get up and jam a WR, if everything checks out medically im all for it. This doesnt mean we still wont draft a corner.

Blog Entries

Someone mentioned Stallworth, low risk - high reward, as long as they sign him for Stallworth money, than it is low risk. I don't see why we don't stay away from injury pron guys. LJ Smith ring a bell, he was a great choice last year.
    If he checks out medically and has a good workout, and takes a 1 year Stallworth type deal than I'm all for it.

10. Re: Report: Marlin Jackson visting Ravens

Jackson visited today and left without a deal, as expected. He was in town for the Ed Block dinner, and will visit with the Eagles and Vikings in the coming days.

Dwan Edwards left Denver without a contract, and they have since signed two defensive linemen. I hope we get him back for a reasonable deal, I liked what he brought to the D at the end of last season.

In other news, Bannan signed a 5-year $22M deal with the Broncos. That means we can signed a UFA to a similar contract. Any possibilities?

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    Jackson visited today and left without a deal, as expected. He was in town for the Ed Block dinner, and will visit with the Eagles and Vikings in the coming days.

Dwan Edwards left Denver without a contract, and they have since signed two defensive linemen. I hope we get him back for a reasonable deal, I liked what he brought to the D at the end of last season.

In other news, Bannan signed a 5-year $22M deal with the Broncos. That means we can signed a UFA to a similar contract. Any possibilities?
    We already could sign one player over $5.5m and as many as we wanted under $3.7m, but yes, you can include one inbetween as well now.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    We already could sign one player over $5.5m and as many as we wanted under $3.7m, but yes, you can include one inbetween as well now.

Bannan's first year "salary" (as defined in the Final 8 rules) was only $2.004M, so his signing is of no consequence for the Ravens because they already could sign UFAs under $3.8M anyway.

http://www.profootball24x7.com/colum...0&view=archive
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 03-10-2010 at 11:39 AM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap