Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ray Rice for a 1st & 2nd ???

Check this rumor out. Not sure how truthful this is but here it is.

Willis was offered to the Chargers for Cromartie, but they chose a 3rd rd pick from the Jets after lettign LT walk. Willis is well worth a 3rd.

Apparently there is interest in Westbrook to back up Willis after the FO was unsuccessful in dealing Willis.

To back up Willis because a possible trade for Ray Rice for a 1st and 2nd.
    I Love me some Rice and don't want too see him in nothing but Purple and Black, but a 1st and 2nd would be hard to turn down especially when you still have a healthy Willis, LeRon, and upcoming Parmele on the roster.

http://ravens24x7.blogspot.com/2010/...rs-flying.html

Has anybody else read anything about this

Wink Re: Ray Rice for a 1st & 2nd ???

Way too far-fetched. Remember that Rice is paid rather conservatively, and a lot of $$$ was just tossed at Boldin.

The only spot that I would expect the Ravens to consider trading Rice for a 1st & 2nd would be to the Lions.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Re: Ray Rice for a 1st & 2nd ???

Yea I agree, but it was out there so I just reposted it.

Even the part were the Chargers turned down a proven RB that has a lot let in my opinion for a 3rd from the Jets.

Absolutely absurd such a thought!! I would simply wretch if the Ravens traded Rice. You can't replace his heart, fire, and guts, you just can't!! He is a playmaker, and the Steelers can't stop him.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Absolutely absurd such a thought!! I would simply wretch if the Ravens traded Rice. You can't replace his heart, fire, and guts, you just can't!! He is a playmaker, and the Steelers can't stop him.
    For a 1st and 2nd round I'd trade pretty much anyone in the NFL off my team other than maybe Peyton Manning or Drew Brees.

Okay, that's an exaggeration but you have to understand the value of a RB in the NFL these days. Ray Rice certainly carries a lot of value. But this isn't the QB position where it's exceptionally critical to have a great player at in it, and production in the position is more easily replaced than probably at any other position in the league. Not that someone could play as well as Rice. But if you can get virtually anyone to give 80% of his production, but you then pick up huge upgrades at other positions? That's a no-brainer.

I'd be pretty shocked if we wind up getting a 1st and 2nd for Rice, for many of the same reasons. There certainly could be teams stupid enough to do that. The Skins maybe, although so far they seem pretty much like they might actually be turning over a new leaf. Still, realistically there's very few people in this league that are worth that sorta price. Rice is an awesome player. But I dunno that he's one of them.

I'd be happy getting this sort of value for Rice.

- C -

PS - Don't assume that means I don't want Rice on the team next year.
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Like I said I Love me some Rice, but with Willis still on the roster a 1st and 2nd would be hard to turn down. It would still be hard to see Rice go to another team. He has a great work ethic is easily liked in the locker room and around town, he just has great character and is a great person and player.
    O'Yeah did I say that he was a beast.

But with 2 1st and 2 2nd rd picks. I would n't even watch the rest of the draft.

We would have a DE, CB, TE and WR that should be very good prospects.

How does this possibly make the Ravens better now? We aren't rebuilding. We are adding pieces for a run at the SuperBowl. Not gonna happen.

Blog Entries

I'm going to let my heart rule my head.

No. No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

No.

NO.

Blog Entries

Who on earth would give a 1 and a 2 for a RB? I think the level of unmitigated bullshit passing for "rumor" has hit a new peak.

The things that make you want to keep Ray Rice are the same things that attract other teams to him. Trust me, this wasn't a complete flyer.

On one hand, Rice is clearly a developing back and even an MVP or Offensive Player of the Year candidate should his ascension continue.

On the other hand, RB's have a limited shelf life and a No. 1 & 2 is a pretty enticing offer.

Now where might such an offer originate from? My source didn't say but it would not surprise me if it came from Bill Belichick.

The Ravens and the Patriots are fairly regular dance partners when it comes to trades; Belichick is a huge Rice fan; and the Patriots have three second round picks this year and two No. 1's in 2011.

I'm not saying it was seriously considered, just floated out there...

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    The things that make you want to keep Ray Rice are the same things that attract other teams to him. Trust me, this wasn't a complete flyer.

On one hand, Rice is clearly a developing back and even an MVP or Offensive Player of the Year candidate should his ascension continue.

On the other hand, RB's have a limited shelf life and a No. 1 & 2 is a pretty enticing offer.

Now where might such an offer originate from? My source didn't say but it would not surprise me if it came from Bill Belichick.

The Ravens and the Patriots are fairly regular dance partners when it comes to trades; Belichick is a huge Rice fan; and the Patriots have three second round picks this year and two No. 1's in 2011.

I'm not saying it was seriously considered, just floated out there...
    I put the odds of Ray Rice being traded at somewhere between the odds of Maryland football winning a national championship next year and the odds of me, a jew, being elected Pope.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    For a 1st and 2nd round I'd trade pretty much anyone in the NFL off my team other than maybe Peyton Manning or Drew Brees.
    Ray Rice, as we have all seen, is a unique talent at this point in his career. There is no way in hell that I would trade him for a 1st and 2nd! He is a playmaker to the nth degree. He brings a competitive fire, a toughness, a work ethic, and a play making ability not often found in today's athletes! At this point in his career, you ride Mr. Rice for as long as he is able to carry you - this guy is a football player! Also, the Steelers can not stop this guy, just another reason to keep him. Just like the Ravens have a hard time stopping Big Ben, the Steelers have a hard time stopping R2.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton