Blog Entries

Bannan to the Broncos and Edwards looms

Justin Bannan signed a 5 year deal with the Broncos and Dwan Edwards is still on the loose. DL Divens resigns.

Well we can't keep them all, but I think we should try to retain Edwards.
    Divens if healthy is a good back-up to take Bannan's back up roll and he is younger. We also still have Talavou and McKinney so i don't really see Bannan moving a big deal. An average DL is better next to Ngata

2. Re: Bannan to the Broncos and Edwards looms

Quote Originally Posted by ScoNo View Post
    Justin Bannan signed a 5 year deal with the Broncos and Dwan Edwards is still on the loose. DL Divens resigns.

Well we can't keep them all, but I think we should try to retain Edwards.
    Divens if healthy is a good back-up to take Bannan's back up roll and he is younger. We also still have Talavou and McKinney so i don't really see Bannan moving a big deal. An average DL is better next to Ngata
    I like Bannan and I think Edwards came into his own last year. But as you said, you can't keep them all. McKinney is a beast and so is Talavou! I'm trusting in the Wizardry of the Oz He's done good thus far in the off season:D

Re: Bannan to the Broncos and Edwards looms

Carlos Dunlap at 25 would be the perfect scenario. Our pass rush has to improve to help out the secondary.

yeah, Bannan played with a high motor and i will miss him on the field. a lot of the times he was the first lineman off the ball. i always kind of considered Edwards to be a bust, but he really started playing well last year.

on a related topic, do you guys see us moving to more of a 4-3 next year if we loose Edwards? i think Mattison is more familiar with the 4-3. add to that Pryce and Gregg aren't 3 down players anymore and the depth behind them is gone with the loss of Bannan. i could see JJ and Suggs being moved down to the d line (provided we don't draft a starter) and use Lewis, Ellerbee and Gooden as the LBs. i don't think i would have a problem with that if it were to work out that way.

how much did he sign for,,,,we need to know for signing other FA's
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Blog Entries

5 years undisclosed amount.

Bronco fan based sites are saying 5y 30y, but i would image we see something soon and if that is close to the amount we couldn't afford that with Ngata coming up. I liked Bannan but we will replace him with no problem and save the money.

Seriously? $6MM a year would be ridiculous for Bannan. I like the guy, but come on...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Would like to re-sign Edwards.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Would like to re-sign Edwards.

PP
    Yeah, definitely. Depth on the DL is underrated.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Seriously? $6MM a year would be ridiculous for Bannan. I like the guy, but come on...

- C -
    Yeah that is what I said, but that was also speculation from Bronco Nation, apparently they gave him a good deal though and are syaing his is going to start at NT

This opens up another free agency slot for the Ravens ; we could technically sign Walters as another WR and still have further room -- remember in an uncapped year, we have a lot more flexibility, its the free agency slots that are holding us back.