Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Now, If we re-sign Mason...

Marshall would have been a better pick-up in many areas, but he would have also demanded a lot more money. Probably somewhere around 9-10M a year.
    6 a year for Boldin leaves money to offer 3-4M to Mason for 2 more years and a better move. It also leaves the issues aside for a guy that is a quality leader and proven locker room guy. TE is possible, but I think a TE will still be available in the 2nd. I'm not that high on Gresham after watching his combine drills, but could still be the rust.
    it's hard to say with the OZ.
    You would almost think that since they let Bannan and Edwards walk that easy they would go after DL, but maybe Kruger is putting on some weight and that see and know more than we do.

Both Mason and Q on the field at the same time would be huge - both tough as nails, and super competitors! Cmon, Oz, let's get Mase signed, and I'll be feeling real good about next year's O!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ScoNo View Post
    Mason back would be huge and I'd also like to see Clayton get dealt for a 2nd. That would be huge after this pick up and adding Stallworth. I would imagine we are going to go DL or CB in the 1st. The draft can't come fast enough now.
    Come on, seriously. Boldin got dealt for a third... who the hell is going to give up a second for Clayton? We'd be lucky to get a fifth. I say we keep him for this season as a depth player... only problem is, he doesn't seem like a ST player. But yeah, we need to bring Mason back, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Come on, seriously. Boldin got dealt for a third... who the hell is going to give up a second for Clayton?
    ^^^ this ^^^

We'd be lucky to get a 6th round pick for Clayton. I'm not even sure he'd fetch a 7th. He has almost no value on the market.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Come on, seriously. Boldin got dealt for a third... who the hell is going to give up a second for Clayton? We'd be lucky to get a fifth. I say we keep him for this season as a depth player... only problem is, he doesn't seem like a ST player. But yeah, we need to bring Mason back, period.
    Clayton could return kicks on special teams. remember he did do that in his rookie season.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    ^^^ this ^^^

We'd be lucky to get a 6th round pick for Clayton. I'm not even sure he'd fetch a 7th. He has almost no value on the market.

- C -
    I agree, someone is on some serious crack or delusional or has no idea how to rate talent. a 2 for Clayton?!?! Really? Wake up Dude, what Clayton have you been watching all these years? If we were offered a 6 or 7 I would jump all over it. I have always liked Clayton & kept thinking & wishing he would finally break thru, but sadly it has never happened.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

At this point I think the best thing to do would be to keep as many of the Wrs we had around as possible. Boldin changes all the match ups even if he does not draw constant double coverage (which I think he will).

Mason working 1 on 1 vs the #2 Cb and Clayton or Stallworth out there as well in a 4 wide look should be a matchup nightmare for most teams. Clayton may not have been consistant vs #2 Cbs, but he should consistantly get open vs guys like Frank Walker and Corey Ivy. The Ravens 4th and 5th Cbs are actually likley a lot better than average, and now we have enough good WRs to go 4 wide and expose those players on other teams the way Peyton and Brees were on the way to the SB.

We also need to improve the front 4 pass rush and Cb depth so we do not have to try to cove Collie and Garcon with Ivy next postseason, but at this point I have no doubt we will be there.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    We also need to improve the front 4 pass rush and Cb depth so we do not have to try to cove Collie and Garcon with Ivy next postseason, .....
    Ditto! We need to get a bookend to apply pressure opposite Sizzle, assuming, of course, Sizzle comes into camp this year with a committed attitude!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton