Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 75 of 75
  1. #61

    Re: Boldin is a Raven!



    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    I don't think Boldin is the answer for a #1 going into the future. I think we still need to draft a young WR who could stretch the field. Boldin is more of a posession receiver who is big and can make a lot of yards after the catch.

    My best guess is they are going to try to trade out of the 1st b/c the receivers after Dez will fall to the 2nd
    Stallworth is the guy to stretch the field.




  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boldin is a Raven!

    I think the WR picture might be a bit shaken up after the combine. I didn't follow it too closely, but reports are that Dez Bryant did NOT make a lot of teams happy, coming off as immature and unmotivated. Reports were that he was constantly late for team meetings and practices, then he left the combine early which most prospects don't do...

    So there's a chance he slides a bit. In fact the latest SI mock draft has Golden Tate going ahead of him to the Bengals, and us taking him. Granted, a good Pro Day could turn that around, but I think the guys I'd rather see us take are Arrelious Benn, Brandon LaFell, or Demaryius Thomas

    So yeah, unless Gresham or a stud S or DL is there, I say trade back and try to pick up a 4th or 3rd.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    457

    Re: Boldin is a Raven!

    This is FANTASTIC news!!




  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,126

    Re: Boldin is a Raven!

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if they let Mason go, mainly because they can't keep all 3 and Clayton isn't a bad #2, he's just never going to be a #1.
    Don't mean to jump on you about and don't want to start another pro or against clayton string, but Clayton is not a good #2. I don't even have to look at his stats (which I know aren't good except the one year) to see that he disappears in every big game, and gets shutdown one on one by middle of the road CB's.

    The only thing I would be interested in seeing this year is Clayton trying to be a Wes Welker type in the slot. Just running slants, sit downs in the zone for a checkdown, or slugos all game long.

    Anyway, it is my opinion that it is absolutely imperitive that we resign Mason. Failing that we need to sign Walter to be the #2 because no one else on the roster can do it. Maybe Stallworth but he hasn't shown the abiltiy in the past to be consistant.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!





  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,126

    Re: Boldin is a Raven!

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Stallworth is the guy to stretch the field.
    Yes but he hasn't proved he can consitantly be a difference maker at WR. My hope is with his taking responsibilty for his off the field mistakes and this basically being his last chance to prove he can play and get another contract that he buckles down and plays to his potential.

    I just don't think we can count on that.

    However if that happens and we have Stallworth and Boldin on the outside with Mason in the slot, lights out league.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!





  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boldin is a Raven!

    Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Anyway, it is my opinion that it is absolutely imperitive that we resign Mason. Failing that we need to sign Walter to be the #2 because no one else on the roster can do it. Maybe Stallworth but he hasn't shown the abiltiy in the past to be consistant.
    No Walter, about an hour after we announced the trade, he re-upped with the Texans.

    Our contigency plan if Mason is gone would be Antonio Bryant or TO...

    Stallworth and Clayton ideally should be competing for the #3 spot. So if Mason goes, I'd like us at least bring in someone who can push for the #2 spot. I'd even go with Kelley Washington returning for that.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,535

    Re: Boldin is a Raven!

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Stallworth and Clayton ideally should be competing for the #3 spot
    I disagree. Stallworth has his job locked up without one snap. It's going to be up to Clayton to beat him out at this point.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #68

    Re: Boldin is a Raven!

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    No Walter, about an hour after we announced the trade, he re-upped with the Texans.

    Our contigency plan if Mason is gone would be Antonio Bryant or TO...

    Stallworth and Clayton ideally should be competing for the #3 spot. So if Mason goes, I'd like us at least bring in someone who can push for the #2 spot. I'd even go with Kelley Washington returning for that.
    Afgreed all around, but wouldn't pay Bryant much or for long... He's an enigma... I'm not sure I'd really be interested unless it was a bargain, I jsut have no idea what to expect from him.

    Kelley would be a reasonable fallback at this point. We'd still be stronger then last year.




  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boldin is a Raven!

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I disagree. Stallworth has his job locked up without one snap. It's going to be up to Clayton to beat him out at this point.
    Look, we can throw Clayton under the bus all we want...Stallworth has been out of football for a year, and the year before that, he wasn't all that productive at all. Clayton hasn't been able to produce as a #2, but if he's got Mason and Boldin drawing heat off him, I'd bet he can be a damn good #3 receiver.

    Stallworth probably has more POTENTIAL, but he needs to show it on the field in TC before I'll call him the favorite in that battle.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,535

    Re: Boldin is a Raven!

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Look, we can throw Clayton under the bus all we want...Stallworth has been out of football for a year, and the year before that, he wasn't all that productive at all. Clayton hasn't been able to produce as a #2, but if he's got Mason and Boldin drawing heat off him, I'd bet he can be a damn good #3 receiver.

    Stallworth probably has more POTENTIAL, but he needs to show it on the field in TC before I'll call him the favorite in that battle.
    Like I said, we disagree.

    I believe your logic makes sense to us fans but I fail to see that's how the team is viewing Clayton at this point.

    Assuming Mason returns, he drops to number 4, fighting his way to earn a #3 slot, IMO.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #71

    Re: Boldin is a Raven!

    I love the move. Boldin was both the right player and the right price. There are too many elite prospects in this draft to give up a 1 or a 2, but none of the rookie WRs have the same kind of potential immidiate impact that Boldin can.

    Now on O, the only "holes" I see are at #2 TE that could be filled with a late pick, and maybe a more explosive return man/ WR or RB prospect like Figurs was supposed to be. I like Jacoby Ford and Trindin Holliday in the draft for those kind of Sproles roles. Maybe grab Jimmy Grahm at TE at the end of round 2 or a guy like Peek later on.







  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bel Air, MD
    Posts
    816

    Re: Boldin is a Raven!

    I think it should be Clayton and Washington fighting for a spot. Washington was great for us last year and came through in some clutch situations for 1st downs, Clayton...not so much.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis




  13. #73

    Re: Boldin is a Raven!

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Having Boldin and Stallworth makes a possible TO pick up tolerable (barely).
    Yeah, I don't know about all THAT now.

    This was a very good move. We still need a vertical threat, but now I have much more confidence in Flacco being able to throw to him in the middle and down the seams. He's a proven receiver and a 3 time pro bowl receiver.

    This gives us a few years to finish developing a real #1 guy for Flacco.

    So Mason now becomes the wild card in all this.




  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Long Island New York
    Posts
    4

    Re: Boldin is a Raven!

    Great move for both teams. As for Boldin the guy is a beast and I believe he still has 2 or 3 more years before he starts to lose a step or so. However he is not a vertical threat so if they plan an sending him deep it was a bad move. uBt I'm sure they know he works the middle of the field amazingly and makes tough catches and loves contact. Also down in the redzone he is a force sort of like a goal line wide reciever. Next year should be very fun.




  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boldin is a Raven!

    It's really just blowing smoke, but I like that Ozzie comes right out and says he feels he made a mistake not drafting Boldin in 2003...I guess that is easy to say after the fact, when our two top picks in 2003 were Boller and Suggs...and when you consider that Boller cost us the 2nd round pick we could've used on Boldin, plus the #1 the next year.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland